Bed Liners

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I had Line-X Premium sprayed at our local (Little Rock) Line-X location, I don't think I could be happier with the outcome. they spent plenty of time on prep, pulled all the necessary nuts and bolts out, masked well, etc etc etc.....
I would guess it varies greatly from shop to shop.
The premium costs a bit more, but the glossy finish looks really good, and supposedly will stay blacker for longer. We'll see.
Sponsored

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
Had a drop in bed liner on my 2020 JT and thought it was great as far as utility. Fast forward a couple of months and now have a 2021 JT. Went w Bullet Liner this time for no other reason but to try it out. Seems to be as good of a product as any Line X I’ve had.

Echoing the sentiments above….spray-in liners are only as good as the prep. Guys at my local one did a decent job on prep. A fair amount of aerosolized liner got on the face of the tailgate but they cleaned it up pretty good. They re-tapped the screw holes around the inside of the bed which was a plus. $550 is a lot more than what I spent on my last drop-in but I think it was a worthwhile endeavor. Probably won’t protect the truck anymore than a drop-in but just has a cleaner look to the bed now vs a plastic tub look.

Jeep Gladiator Bed Liners DEA0ED21-30DC-4BF2-95A0-13C467FE2462

73842272-719B-4C2B-AA3C-864C61A90B8B.jpeg

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Ditto on the Bullet Bed LIner. After researching the spray ons, the guys that developed Line-X sold the company. After waiting out the non-compete agreement, one of the original developers improved the product that is now Bullet. Bullet is typically cheaper, because it is not as thick. Does not have to be to beat the Line-X brand (at least that is what my research showed). Happy with my Bullet Bed Liner so far. Had mine done by Dealer Options in Augusta, GA.

Good luck on your choice. Really can't go wrong.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Had a drop in bed liner on my 2020 JT and thought it was great as far as utility. Fast forward a couple of months and now have a 2021 JT. Went w Bullet Liner this time for no other reason but to try it out. Seems to be as good of a product as any Line X I’ve had.

Echoing the sentiments above….spray-in liners are only as good as the prep. Guys at my local one did a decent job on prep. A fair amount of aerosolized liner got on the face of the tailgate but they cleaned it up pretty good. They re-tapped the screw holes around the inside of the bed which was a plus. $550 is a lot more than what I spent on my last drop-in but I think it was a worthwhile endeavor. Probably won’t protect the truck anymore than a drop-in but just has a cleaner look to the bed now vs a plastic tub look.

Jeep Gladiator Bed Liners 73842272-719B-4C2B-AA3C-864C61A90B8B
Is the color differentiation in the center of the bed a permanent thing?

Sponsored

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Well checked under my rugged liner after over a year now, yikes it's all scratched up underneath and I hardly used it. Now I'm thinking I want to tear it out to repair the deeper scratches and maybe get a spray in.
Would like to see some pics please. Pulled mine out after two years, with lots of heavy hauling. My bed looks fine.

74907700_3196151780448029_1338004427666176624_o.jpg

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Would like to see some pics please. Pulled mine out after two years, with lots of heavy hauling. My bed looks fine.

74907700_3196151780448029_1338004427666176624_o.jpg
Here they are, took it out today. Took some pictures of a few spots. One year and only an occasional sand bag in the back. A few spots are down into the primer and metal. Last drop in I'll ever buy, looking to get it bed lined now.

20210623_162641.jpg

20210623_162653.jpg

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
That just looks like some mild scuffs in the paint, drop ins provide 10x the protection of any spray lining at a lot less cost. IMO spray in doesn’t have a single advantage.

Sponsored

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
That just looks like some mild scuffs in the paint, drop ins provide 10x the protection of any spray lining at a lot less cost. IMO spray in doesn’t have a single advantage.
The right front corner was to the metal size of a silver dollar and I had to touch up a few spots. Just dosen't work for me since I live in a high salt area and even though I rinse out under it, there was a lot of sand and salt trapped in there. I just need a spray line x and probably a dee zee mat and I'll be good.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
The right front corner was to the metal size of a silver dollar and I had to touch up a few spots. Just dosen't work for me since I live in a high salt area and even though I rinse out under it, there was a lot of sand and salt trapped in there. I just need a spray line x and probably a dee zee mat and I'll be good.
I'm in NY as well, and you see what I regularly haul. After two years, nothing like that. Pretty wild. I do put a heavy coat of un-buffed paste wax prior to install, has been my practice with drop ins for close to forty years. My issue, spray ins don't protect from dents and gouges for what I haul. Getting constant touch ups became a pain. My spray in applicator told me, spray ins are not well suited for using my truck, as a truck. Gave them a shot, went back to drop ins.

usnavycdr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys Sport S, 99 WJ
Occupation
Psych RN
I dropped in a $50 horse stall rubber mat cut to fit with a jigsaw and a $50 DeeZee tailgate rubber mat. It's not 100% coverage but it's a truck so I will just use it. I've had Line-X before and it was great but more expensive. I've had plastic drop ins that were great for years. Get what's affordable and don't worry.

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I also have the Rugged Liner plastic drop-in model, in the bed and on the tailgate. I've had plastic drop-in liners for decades and really like them. I especially like how they absorb some of the 'thud' when I drop crap in the bed. After putting in the drop-in liner, I topped it off with the Extang Trifecta tri-fold liner. Very happy with how both work together.

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
I'm in NY as well, and you see what I regularly haul. After two years, nothing like that. Pretty wild. I do put a heavy coat of un-buffed paste wax prior to install, has been my practice with drop ins for close to forty years. My issue, spray ins don't protect from dents and gouges for what I haul. Getting constant touch ups became a pain. My spray in applicator told me, spray ins are not well suited for using my truck, as a truck. Gave them a shot, went back to drop ins.
Glad it's worked for you, didn't do any kind of heavy wax before dropping it in. I will use my JT on occasion to move a piece of furniture but mostly for smaller items and my short canoe/ bed tent. Poorly kept rough roads around here and tons of road salt. Just seems like if I let it stay in after what I found under the liner I'd just end up with rust.
Sponsored