Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been considering adding these to my JT. Very helpful chart! Thank you, OP! There are some brands I didn’t even know made them. If only the prices were listed too. I know, I can go searching for them, but I’m feeling lazy. Cost is definitely a factor for me at the moment.
They’re all ridiculously expensive regardless. But yeah this chart definitely helps.
Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Really like the 813 stuff but their prices are crazy and on top of that they charge shipping. Anything worth the extra money?
Agreed, our prices are a bit higher. We are a smaller Made in USA company. Our panels are all aluminum with CNC bending for extra strength. The only other aluminum panels are made by Putco which are more expensive. We tried giving free shipping at first but it just isn't possible for us due to our size and the cost of production and metal. But, I can assure that you will get the best customer service available and a product that is worth the cost!

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I’m pretty set on the MOLLE Platform Solutions set up when I pull the trigger soon.

For me, and I know it may sound minimal, but I love the fact they have the bed light cut out. I know many ppl say well not having it, doesn’t interfere or make much difference which may or may not be true. Regardless I think the cut out makes the panels look aesthetically pleasing and like they belong and not just something thrown over top of the stock bed design. MPS looks a bit more Gladiator specific in that aspect. That little feature believe it or not has kept me from going with other brands that I generally like everything else about. I also like the fact the panels don’t screw together and are one solid piece (even if the side panels are half height length).

Just my 2 cents.
I can appreciate aesthetics, being a designer it can make or break a good design. I have had several ask why we don't have the light cutout. When prototyping I tested a few different designs and there was very little difference in the light output. If you look at the light, it is angled into the bed and does not project light straight forward. Having a cutout directly in front of the light does not really allow more light since the light points sideways into the bed. This along with light getting blocked once you mount something on the panel and having more space to mount gear is why we choose not to have cutouts.

Our panel design is also a full solid piece that can be used without the lower panel, keeping the bed divider indentions open on the bed. I try and design everything modular so that it can be used in many ways. Having the panels bolt on vertically keeps the rigidity of the CNC bends but also allows for more mounting options if needed.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Agreed, our prices are a bit higher. We are a smaller Made in USA company. Our panels are all aluminum with CNC bending for extra strength. The only other aluminum panels are made by Putco which are more expensive. We tried giving free shipping at first but it just isn't possible for us due to our size and the cost of production and metal. But, I can assure that you will get the best customer service available and a product that is worth the cost!
I can appreciate that and I am all for American small companies and I am sure you guys are doing well. I have limited funds at my disposal and a variety of things I would like to do to my Jeep. Not to get into a pissing match on who is better or worse but just as a comparison I can buy JCRs cab mount for $179 shipped, people seem to like it, it is American made, and my previous experience with there products and customer service were good. I went and priced out your cab mount and after adding jack mount and shipping I was up around $380.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I can appreciate that and I am all for American small companies and I am sure you guys are doing well. I have limited funds at my disposal and a variety of things I would like to do to my Jeep. Not to get into a pissing match on who is better or worse but just as a comparison I can buy JCRs cab mount for $179 shipped, people seem to like it, it is American made, and my previous experience with there products and customer service were good. I went and priced out your cab mount and after adding jack mount and shipping I was up around $380.
Apologies, I hope my post was not rude. By no means did I mean to start the "we are better than they are" conversation. I actually like a lot of the stuff that other brands are making. I'm a big fan of Motobilt and American Adventure Labs. I was just mentioning why our designs are designed without the light holes and mentioning some of the features, especially that we are all aluminum. We are more of a "boutique" brand due to our size. We can't compete much with the other brands on cost, especially shipping. We ship out handfuls a day while they ship truck loads. They get better rates HAHA. I did just post a Christmas sale with some discounts, but still may not be within the range that you need.

Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Apologies, I hope my post was not rude. By no means did I mean to start the "we are better than they are" conversation.
I did just post a Christmas sale with some discounts, but still may not be within the range that you need.
Not rude at all and thank you for you candid responses. Would not have mentioned anything if was not impressed with what i saw.
Thanks also for posting the sale, I will take a look again.

Echo26

First Name
ETC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTR
Occupation
Student of Life
Like most mods you could probably get by fine without spending money on these, but I think they’re useful without being off-road all the time.

I went overboard buying stuff at first and have aftermarket bed rails with a bunch of DIY tie downs, and some BuiltRight molle panels.
I have some carabiner bungee cords I got at Home Depot and never use the bed tie downs to hold stuff, though if I had something really heavy I’d use those.
The carabiners clip into the molle grid and hold stuff perfectly since you have both horizontal and vertical options.
6DF72B07-2A9A-415D-8D3F-E1B7598B993F.jpeg
Where did you get the tank mount that mounts directly to the rail?

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Where did you get the tank mount that mounts directly to the rail?
Sorry that picture is an optical illusion. That is a cheap tank mount that i was custom mounting to the molle panel. I wanted the tank to fit under my tonneau cover so I had to angle it. That picture looks like there’s a mounting tab but that’s behind it on the BuiltRight molle panel, just like the panel to the right that fits over the wheel well. The tank mount had to screw flush to the molle panel.

gladnewb

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Still figuring that out, but IT for now!
@813 Fabrication & Design - I know I didn't take any of your reply's as being malicious in any manner. I've had my eyes on your Gladiator products for some time now. As a single income house, a few little ones, I persaonlly can not afford your products, but I understand 100% of what you are and what you offer. I think stating yourself as a "boutique" brand is spot on. I classify those who are labeled as "boutique" as being a higher-end, more custom, hand-made, US made, and more desirable. Fingers crossed, if you are offering a special for Christmas I will definitely take a look. Either way I hope you as a company are prospurious and in turn able to lower your prices in the future. THanks for jumping in on here and speaking to your products. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
@813 Fabrication & Design - I know I didn't take any of your reply's as being malicious in any manner. I've had my eyes on your Gladiator products for some time now. As a single income house, a few little ones, I persaonlly can not afford your products, but I understand 100% of what you are and what you offer. I think stating yourself as a "boutique" brand is spot on. I classify those who are labeled as "boutique" as being a higher-end, more custom, hand-made, US made, and more desirable. Fingers crossed, if you are offering a special for Christmas I will definitely take a look. Either way I hope you as a company are prospurious and in turn able to lower your prices in the future. THanks for jumping in on here and speaking to your products. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Thanks for the kind words! We do have a Christmas sale running at the moment! :)

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Are there any that install without Trail Rails?

OP
OP

rickrogan

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I didn’t come across any that didn’t use some form of rail.

I will note that BuiltRight offers their own rail, which is kinda like the Mopar Trail Rail, but a tad different.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
All of our MOLLE panels are aluminum and mount with or without rails. They do not use any secondary brackets to mount. They are CNC bend to match the shape of the bed. If you decide to add the rails later they will mount directly on top of the MOLLE panels. I can't locate a photo with the Cab Side panels mounted without the rails but they also mount with no rails using the existing bed holes. Not drilling required for any of our panels. They use the holes in the bed. Let me know if you have any questions about them.

https://www.813fabrication.com/jeep-gladiator-molle-panels

IMG_6328_sm.jpg

compressors.jpg

IMG_7450.JPG

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t come across any that didn’t use some form of rail.

I will note that BuiltRight offers their own rail, which is kinda like the Mopar Trail Rail, but a tad different.
See my previous response. We offer aluminum panels that mount without the rails.

Also, I am pretty sure that The few companies offering their own bed rails are using P3000 Unistrut extrusion. It is the same sizing as the factory rails at 1 5/8" x 1 3/8". If you go to Home Depot or Lowes to buy extrusion it is normally 1 5/8" x 1 5/8" making it stick out from the bed edge slightly.

https://www.unistrut.us/product-details/p3000
Sponsored