First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m not sure easy would be the right word. It weighs 300 pounds total so that’s not terrible, but it’s certainly more than I could lift. I watched the company install it and they had a nice hoist that worked well. My garage isn’t tall enough for any kind of hoist. I asked Harker Outdoors to just clamp the camper on as opposed to bolting it on. They used 3 heavy duty clamps on each side. That part would be easy to remove. I guess it would just depend on how many strong friends you have. Ha! So far I really love it though.
Thanks for the info. I'm planning the decked system and now I'm interested in the EDC.
Sponsored

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
physician
I just added Rhino Rack crossbar set (Y02-490-NT) which I added to my Bakflip cover
Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please rhino rack

I then added the Overland Vehicle Systems TMBK 3 person roof top tent and have an awesome setup for just under $1200 for the tent and crossbars, can't wait until summer (I use this on the beach)

Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please tent open

Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please tent closed

KB Voodoo

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kbvoodoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT

MrCB010

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I just added Rhino Rack crossbar set (Y02-490-NT) which I added to my Bakflip cover

I then added the Overland Vehicle Systems TMBK 3 person roof top tent and have an awesome setup for just under $1200 for the tent and crossbars, can't wait until summer (I use this on the beach)

Hi Mike, I have the X4 as well and thinking about pulling the trigger on the Rhino rack. When you added the RTT, did that seem solid? How heavy is the model you purchased?

Thanks,
Chris

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
physician
Hi Mike, I have the X4 as well and thinking about pulling the trigger on the Rhino rack. When you added the RTT, did that seem solid? How heavy is the model you purchased?

Thanks,
Chris

good question, the rhino racks cross rails are really solid, my RTT is 108 lbs and it seemed sturdy enough. I did climb in along with 2 of my boys (probably about 260lbs) and everything seemed fine, my only issue was the ladder does not adjust low enough so I need to drill 2 more holes for it.

I did read that the rhino rails are 220lb dynamic load capacity (so likely around 660lb static). Take off the RTT and you have about 500+lbs additional weight capacity.

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I have JCRs full height rack and a ikamper mini clone RTT imported directly from China and (not installed yet) Gobi's Stealth rack. Sounds like it could be what you are looking for. Also, the company that made my bumper (first dual swing out on a Gladiator that I know of before any other company offered them) is SOS Offroad Concepts. They are mostly a Tacoma customizer but they make a universal bed rack now that will go up and down and adjust to different width beds. It adjusts high enough to fit over a soft topper. They are a great shop and do great work on Tacomas. They tried to get into the Jeep market doing my bumper but I don't think they have gotten enough interest.

Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please RTT3

Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please RTT4

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Loving my inflatable GentleTent USA RTT, with FrontRunner Slimline II roofrack and RCI bedrack:)

Not as quick to set up as some, but only 50lbs and very small. For serious wheeling where you don't want a huge heavy box up high it's awesome!

First I have ever seen one of those, that's pretty awesome! so the floor is inflatable as well I suppose? No hard components?

Dan_Ballard_Offroad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danballardphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Putdoor Photographer
First I have ever seen one of those, that's pretty awesome! so the floor is inflatable as well I suppose? No hard components?
Yep! It's basically padel board material, so super thick and tough. Only the base that attaches to the rack is ridgid.

Really love the setup.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yep! It's basically padel board material, so super thick and tough. Only the base that attaches to the rack is ridgid.

Really love the setup.
curious, the pictures you posted this this thread, are the same from the GentletentUSA website, are you affiliated with them?

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Didn’t exactly overland this week, but did get to spend some relaxing time near Lake Havasu and Lake Mead. I am absolutely loving my EDC by Harker Outdoors.

16952F69-20EA-45B4-B731-BEDECB3A4FA4.jpeg

4F39EA98-59DD-4835-8BDE-AC3F93137DD3.jpeg

Sponsored

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
physician
Didn’t exactly overland this week, but did get to spend some relaxing time near Lake Havasu and Lake Mead. I am absolutely loving my EDC by Harker Outdoors.

Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please 4F39EA98-59DD-4835-8BDE-AC3F93137DD3

Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please 4F39EA98-59DD-4835-8BDE-AC3F93137DD3
awesome setup looks like a ton of space

MrCB010

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
good question, the rhino racks cross rails are really solid, my RTT is 108 lbs and it seemed sturdy enough. I did climb in along with 2 of my boys (probably about 260lbs) and everything seemed fine, my only issue was the ladder does not adjust low enough so I need to drill 2 more holes for it.

I did read that the rhino rails are 220lb dynamic load capacity (so likely around 660lb static). Take off the RTT and you have about 500+lbs additional weight capacity.
Great, thanks Mike, I really appreciate the detail.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
So this is the approximate set up I'm looking at. American adventure lab. Having issues figuring out fridge set up. Don't necessarily want it in the back seat. The tent actually slides into the bed and articulates to level even if your rig isnt.
Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please jeep-gladiator-sema-2019

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So this is the approximate set up I'm looking at. American adventure lab. Having issues figuring out fridge set up. Don't necessarily want it in the back seat. The tent actually slides into the bed and articulates to level even if your rig isnt.
Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please jeep-gladiator-sema-2019
I was looking at this too, but it premiered in 2019 and the website says more details available Q1 2020... Starting to think the project might be dead...

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I have the JCR full rack with a TuffStuff Alpha hardshell 3/4 person RTT. The price combined was about 3k for those two items. The Alpha tent only weighs 173 lbs and the static for the jcr rack is 700 lbs I think. Check out my pictures on my photos area.
@BuckSawLilandtheGoose how has the combo held up? Any pics? I'm looking forward to their new 4-person tent coming out in July so wanted to see what it looked like on your setup and get your feedback
Sponsored