Sponsored

Bed racks with cover?

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
Looking forward to seeing your finished work.

Did you draw up plans in advance?
Not yet, but I think I know what I have in mind...hoping it works, otherwise will have to decide on another route...
Sponsored

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Looking forward to seeing your finished work.

Did you draw up plans in advance?
Yes I designed it with solid works. I cut a test piece to see if it fit properly before cutting the entire rack.

griffdw

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
18” aluminum Max-Modular/KBVoodoo with OEM roll-up tonneau.
E12C8540-F203-4CE8-8403-78F85DD802E5.jpeg
84557D82-F9FF-4ADD-A56E-733E57C22E34.jpeg
712CEAF4-79E1-416A-9B15-68861DE6B34F.jpeg
Hi I lake your bed rack but more interested in your CB mounting system could you send more info thanks Griffdw

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm

THE_GLAD8R

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep Gladiator Bed racks with cover? 791546CB-9699-4CB2-9282-D5BF5FEBE39C

Jeep Gladiator Bed racks with cover? D554595D-003E-47B2-8AD3-C09CA29EB4E5
The Access Literider is money. They make these specifically for people with Bed Racks. You need trail rails, but it mounts inside of the bed to the trail rails and doesn’t sit on or hardly overlap with the sidewall of the truck bed at all. I have a pretty easy time using mine with my rebel rack.
Cheers!

https://www.accesscover.com/literider/

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
791546CB-9699-4CB2-9282-D5BF5FEBE39C.jpeg

D554595D-003E-47B2-8AD3-C09CA29EB4E5.jpeg
The Access Literider is money. They make these specifically for people with Bed Racks. You need trail rails, but it mounts inside of the bed to the trail rails and doesn’t sit on or hardly overlap with the sidewall of the truck bed at all. I have a pretty easy time using mine with my rebel rack.
Cheers!

I installed my Xplor rack on Memorial Day, then tried to install my Literider tonneau cover the next day. Put the side rails on, the front assembly does not fit - have to pull the uprights out to get the assembly to drop in. But then the tension adjuster is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch off - I cannot get the hole in the rail and the hole in the adjuster to line up. A little triangular bit of plastic on the slide hits the rail. If I raise the assembly to get past the bit then the plate is at an angle and cannot line up the holes.

How did you get the front assembly attached? Any chance you can post some closeup pics of the front rack bracket and cover assembly and the back rack bracket? How did you align the mounting rail with the rack brackets and the bed side?

Thanks.

Update - well, figured it out. I did not see that the slider attachment actually had a notch on top to slide it under the rail. Once I saw that I was able to attach the tension adjuster plate to the rail. After a bit of shifting around I then tightened up the clamps.

Last edited:

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
I have a fishbone mid height rack and a access lite rider soft roll up cover. Still have to install the tonneau. I am waiting on some bolts from fishbone and i want to get some weatherstripping to seal up any gaps between the rack and the tonneau. heres a video i found on youtube.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Cheers!

I have the Literider with a JCR rack, installed without the Trail Rail system (or a DIY one). The Literider is not as tight as I wish it would be, but understandable for what it has to deal with.

Since I have both mounting to the bed right now, I had to space the bottom of the tonneau rails out so the angled top piece was more upright. 2 washers, about 1/8"-3/16" did the trick.

Sponsored

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
Hi are there any bed racks that has a cover that goes over it to keep everything in the bed dry?

All the racks I've seen are just the rack frame where you can mount stuff like roto oaks etc.. But any that comes with a cover?

Or any available canopies for jt? Havnt see t much.

Regards
JCR Rack does work w/ a certain cover, check their website for details.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
JCR Rack does work w/ a certain cover, check their website for details.
Care to share a link stating that? Only thing I can find it says is “does not work with factory cover...”
I want to get a half rack, JCR or fishbone, but want to Jeep a bed cover.
have a trifold now, and won’t be able to use it, but would sacrafice For a roll up.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Care to share a link stating that? Only thing I can find it says is “does not work with factory cover...”
I want to get a half rack, JCR or fishbone, but want to Jeep a bed cover.
have a trifold now, and won’t be able to use it, but would sacrafice For a roll up.
Prior post states they have the Access Literider tonneau cover with their JCR rack.

I have it installed with my Rebel Offroad XPlorer full height rack. I also have the Rebel Offroad rails installed. It is a TIGHT fit because the rails are closer together with the rack installed so closing the cover means having to pry out the rail side a bit. And I had to add some additional weatherstripping along the rail to close the gap between it and the bedside.
Jeep Gladiator Bed racks with cover? IMG_3390

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase