First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Have you done any overlanding/trails with them? Trying to decide between an AT or MT but have decent noise levels. I want to go off road without any issues. Not going to mud bog or anything. But if im on fire service roads or back country, want them to work
I have and they worked great in mud and snow
Sponsored

GLAD DAN831

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anni
Occupation
Govt
Looking to move to 37s on Black Rhino Arsenal wheels and will be re-gearing. What is everyone running for their daily driver?

Overland with Rubicon shocks/springs and 3/4” spring spacers currently. Will I need to go higher as well?

GLAD DAN831

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anni
Occupation
Govt
Running 37 " toyo MT's. Excellent on road tire in wet or snow. Humm a little but can do over 80 mph no shakes. Off road they do excellent on sand/dirt/mud/ rocks. I've driven them in Tahoe, Carson city, Hollister Hills, Pismo beach. Truck has 2" mopar lift with stock 3.73's. Yup stock. No complaints.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
37 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers, surprisingly quiet x 10K miles so far. Also fits into spare tire spot with a little encouragement. Ran 4.10s for most of it but just upgraded to 5.13s in the last 2K miles. Should have done that much, much sooner. The Gladi is no speed demon but it's not a dog anymore either.

Strider62

First Name
C.B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5; Gladiator Overland
I had the dealer mount the Mopar 2" lift and Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.5 on Black Rhino Armory 17" wheels as soon as it arrived at the dealership, so I have never driven my Gladiator with stock tires/wheels/suspension. I have put over 30,000 mile son my JT now, and have zero, and I mean absolutely zero, complaints about the ride, the steering, or the braking. I don't even have any real complaints about acceleration...but I never expected it to punch like a sedan, much less like a sports car... I will say I'd like to get better gas mileage and see more of 8th gear, though.

It's only my opinion, but I think 37s are the right size for the Gladiator. To me, anything smaller than that starts to make it look like a low-rider because the Gladiator is so long. I'm also fairly certain that Jeep knows full well that most serious Jeep enthusiasts are going to upgrade tire size almost immediately, and have engineered the vehicle to run 37s.

All 30K miles have been on the stock Overland 3.73 gears.

I'm not a rock-crawler, and never will be, but I do like to take it off-road and do some moderately technical trails. I've driven it from Virginia to Colorado, done the Alpine Loop and the high passes, and then up to North Dakota before circling back home to Virginia again. I had some very slight power issues at 12,000' altitude, but was also hauling a RTT, a bike rack, and about 500lbs of gear in the bed.

Having said all of that, I am getting it regeared to 4.88 next month...but mostly because I want to, not because I truly feel like it needs to be regeared in order to avoid any potential issues. I'm hoping it will show me more of 8th gear afterwards, and maybe even up my MPG a little.

It is my daily driver, and to your original question - I think the Nitto RG 37s on 17" wheels are fantastic. Not too loud on the highway and great performance off road. We didn't get much snow this year, but they did just fine in what we did get, and that included driving up and down the mountain to get to the ski slopes. They're tough, too - still look nearly new after 30K miles, minimal tread wear so far. I run them at 32 psi on the road (after doing the chalk test), and to be perfectly honest I've never bothered to air them down for any of the trails I've run. And, as somebody else pointed out, you can fit one underneath as a spare. I originally wanted BFG KO2s, but the dealer recommended the Nitto instead, and I'm glad they did - I've been nothing but happy with them.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Ive been really happy with the 5k ive put on my Falken AT3W’s. That said, i am an absolute homer for Generals and debating selling these Falken’s for no other reason than i want generals on my truck again.

I got the falkens because the generals dont clear the rear track bar. 2 days after i had the falkens mounted, clayton released their new one.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd

just switched from the falken m/t's on stock 17's to the falken at3w's on 20's, black rhino mozambique 20x8.5 +30mm (5.9" bs), really happy, the m/t's are permanent drift mode in the winter, i'm shocked at the grip on the ice/snow still in my alley and roads this am with these at3w's...i haven't spun yet, so weird, yes new tires always grippy but the m/t's were drift machines from day 1, however, they did rock when i was off the roads

i live in regions where some places it's law to have the winter snowflake symbol on your tire from october to april...so there's about 4 options to choose from for me at this point, the m/t's would have restricted me in this regard, these roll quieter and smoother also

i'm stuck on 37" for diameter but if i could have gotten these in 11.5" wide instead of the 12.5" i would, nitto makes some 37x11.5 but not snowflake rated, they have 18" ridgegrappler and 20" trail grappler, not sure why they don't get those ridgegrapplers snowflake approved?

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
Lots of good info here.
I did see more than once about ball joints, and I have recently watched this video.
Look at the timeline, and skip to the 3rd segment:
BallJoints

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Good enough off road ? I don't want good enough when I'm hitting trails that you can't take your Subaru on. I have been running Goodyear MTR Kevlars since they came out. They are quite quiet compared to other mud terrains and work better than good enough off road.

Now if you don't plan on going off road and are just driving it around for show, get any brand name all terrain tires like the KO2s.
Wow, man, I wish I could be as cool as you.

OP
OP
Bedeviler

Bedeviler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland

just switched from the falken m/t's on stock 17's to the falken at3w's on 20's, black rhino mozambique 20x8.5 +30mm (5.9" bs), really happy, the m/t's are permanent drift mode in the winter, i'm shocked at the grip on the ice/snow still in my alley and roads this am with these at3w's...i haven't spun yet, so weird, yes new tires always grippy but the m/t's were drift machines from day 1, however, they did rock when i was off the roads

i live in regions where some places it's law to have the winter snowflake symbol on your tire from october to april...so there's about 4 options to choose from for me at this point, the m/t's would have restricted me in this regard, these roll quieter and smoother also

i'm stuck on 37" for diameter but if i could have gotten these in 11.5" wide instead of the 12.5" i would, nitto makes some 37x11.5 but not snowflake rated, they have 18" ridgegrappler and 20" trail grappler, not sure why they don't get those ridgegrapplers snowflake approved?
I'm currently running the Falken AT3W's in 33" and was in Colorado during that big snow storm 2 weeks ago and yes, they handled great. Would stick with them but they are one of the heaviest 37s I've looked at.

Sponsored

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
tread depth is weight, i love the duratracs for weight but have to say these at3w's grip ice better and something tells me they will wear longer, duratracs first goodyear i've liked in decades like actaully impressed me, no 37's though, the 285 75r18 duratrac (35") at only 60 lbs would be killer and it's studable, just build that same tire at 37" and i'd be happy to go duratrac (37x11.5r20 snowflake anyone?), as it is falkens seem to have a reputation for being tough, i'm mucho happy with choice, the wheel i chose is only 28 lbs, in 18" for those mozambique's and the 35's i just mentioned they are 26 lbs and with the 60 lb 35" duratracs would be about the sweetest 35" combo going and if i had a wrangler that's likely what i'd be running...sadly for me the 35's look too small on gladiators, i went down that road already, 37's a must

OP
OP
Bedeviler

Bedeviler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
I ordered the Black Rhino Cinco wheels in 17x9.5 and received only 2 and the balance was "cancelled" on me. They are apparently on back order and can't find out how long that will be so I have went with a different wheel.

Now I have 2 brand new wheels that I would like to sell instead of paying the restocking fee and shipping costs. If anyone is looking for this wheel as a fifth for a spare let me know. Not looking to make money on them just cover my cost (as as much of it as I can).

OP
OP
Bedeviler

Bedeviler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Got the 37s installed and 4.88 gears go in next week.
Overland with Rubi shocks and springs.
RC 2-1/2" lift in the front.
Icon 1.375" spacer in the rear.
Black Rhino Abrams
BFG KO2s - 37x12.5.x17

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I went with 315/70/17 KO2 on my stock height Mojave. I have run those tires for years on my previous Tacos and love them. With the 315’s and Method 17x8.5 it only added 4-5 pounds per corner compared to the stock Mojave wheels with AT’s Top is factory, bottom is new setup.

FD962FD0-F9F4-445B-BF2C-BE5673598FEE.jpeg

B5D4512B-8E5E-4D63-8A43-305D5C6A8AEE.jpeg
Sponsored