First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I'm purchasing a set of take off Rubicon rims for my Overland model. I've found a few sets with the Falken MT tires, but pretty honest with my self that the 3K miles I drive a year will mostly be street miles with a few light trail trips on some weekends. The AT tires seem more suited for what I do.

The DuraTracs and K02's are pretty much the same price, but one eagle-eyed forum member pointed out USAA members can get 25% off of certain Goodyear tires so the DuraTracs are about $200 cheaper.

So here in SC I'm not likely to ever get appreciable snow, some light trails so which would make the most sense. I could probably save the most overall with the take off MT's, but don't think that's the best option?

Any thoughts and bonus points if you have your own KO2 pics with white letters out.
Sponsored

Lowcountryearl

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 TJ
Occupation
Biomedical Engineer
I put a set of KO2's on my 98 TJ and it made a whirl of difference, very quite tires with an aggressive tread, I am very pleased with the tire, JMHO

OP
OP
awraynor

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I put a set of KO2's on my 98 TJ and it made a whirl of difference, very quite tires with an aggressive tread, I am very pleased with the tire, JMHO
Even though they are the most expensive of the scenario I am leaning that way. Nearly every article I've found has them top-rated. Now to go RWL or BWL out? They're not bad, I just don't love the stock Overland rims.

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve been wondering this as well. Both seem to be great all around tires with a nod to the Duratrac for snow driving most likely. I also like the super agressive look of the Duratracs too. Most people truly swear by KO2s though. I shop everything, but I feel like that’s what I’ll end up with ultimately.

OP
OP
awraynor

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I’ve been wondering this as well. Both seem to be great all around tires with a nod to the Duratrac for snow driving most likely. I also like the super agressive look of the Duratracs too. Most people truly swear by KO2s though. I shop everything, but I feel like that’s what I’ll end up with ultimately.
I moved here from the coast of North Carolina and not likely to get appreciable snow in either place. Probably can't go wrong with either one, but I see so many more nods in favor of the KO2's. Driving as little as I do, they're likely to wear out from dry rot than use.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
KO2s.

I'm on 315/70/17 and the ride fantastic.

Sponsored

usnavycdr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys Sport S, 99 WJ
Occupation
Psych RN
KO2s are highly rated, but I had Duratracs on my Cherokee and they were very good off-road and wore well giving me over 50,000 miles. I'd buy them again and they're not too heavy.

BLK74

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pilot, Corvette
I think KO2s are very over rated. I had a set on my F150 and noticed they were starting to get loud and traction was decreasing at around 15k miles at which point I traded it in. Thinking It was just an isolated bad experience, i bought another set and put them on my Nissan Titan XD. They started cupping and I was losing chunks out of the tread at 10k miles. Rain and snow traction was getting progressively worse. I would have to put it in 4wd in wet grass. They also threw rocks like crazy. I Ditched them at 25k miles for Firestones Destination XT. IMO, it was a far superior tire.

FWIW, i currently have the Falken MTs on my JTR and they aren’t bad at all so far at 3k miles. Road noise is tolerable and traction is good.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I’m gonna go against the majority here. As someone else stated, I think the KO2s are overrated. My experience as well as a buddy of mine’s experience was that they wore prematurely and unevenly and the tread really likes to hold onto stones and pebbles and then eventually spit them out and onto the side of your Jeep. The original BFGoodrich KOs lasted forever and I think the KO2s are living off of the KOs reputation.
Regarding the Dura tracs, my son got over 50,000 miles on his JKU Wrangler. They are more of a hybrid tire being a mix between mud and AT but ride very nice and are remarkably quiet. They are also fairly light in some sizes. I believe in 315 70 17 the Dura tracs weigh 60 lb. whereas the KO2s weigh 63 lb. Also, the USAA discount is hard to pass on.
Sponsored