Sponsored

Bilstein Leveling Kit?

Bourget117

Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Aug 18, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
24
Reaction score
11
Location
617
Vehicle(s)
2026 Jeep Gladiator Sahara
Has anyone used the Bilstein 5100 leveling kit? im not looking to do a lift kit as I don’t plan on larger tires. Maybe going from the 32 stock tires to maybe 33. But no bigger. I’m not a fan of the front rake. It probably a 2 inch diff from the rear. So when I seen that Bilstein makes a kit that’s not too expensive and has the shocks I want Along with leveling out the JT without spacers or pucks, I figure it’s a got to be a decent combination.
Any thoughts or experiences?
Sponsored

 

Bigb55

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brandon
Joined
Feb 29, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
66
Reaction score
103
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Deputy
Their Spring provides 2-2.5" of lift. Spring Rate is equal to OEM Rubicon springs. So will ride like stock.

Not required but highly recommended would be an adjustable track bar and the Mopar 2" lift lower control arms and some longer front sway bar links.

Install and check the rake. Sometimes a 3/4" spacer in the rear is needed if it goes nose high a tad.
 
OP
OP
Bourget117

Bourget117

Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Aug 18, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
24
Reaction score
11
Location
617
Vehicle(s)
2026 Jeep Gladiator Sahara
Their Spring provides 2-2.5" of lift. Spring Rate is equal to OEM Rubicon springs. So will ride like stock.

Not required but highly recommended would be an adjustable track bar and the Mopar 2" lift lower control arms and some longer front sway bar links.

Install and check the rake. Sometimes a 3/4" spacer in the rear is needed if it goes nose high a tad.
I know the kit comes with longer sway bar end links. But why would I need a track bar or new control arms?
The lift should be sufficient in the front to level it without going too high. I measured what I have now and my fronts are 2 inches lower than my rears. The Bilstein kit adds 1.3 inches to a rubicon and 1.9 inches to everything else.
 

Jteakus

Well-Known Member
First Name
Teakus
Joined
Feb 19, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
3,783
Location
Oil City, LA
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD, 2017 JKU, 1983 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
1
You can always bolt on the kit and see if it is fine for you, You can also add anything you want to it later. No experience with this kit but their shocks are the only ones that can control bounce on my 2nd Gen Cummins trucks and last.
 

Bigb55

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brandon
Joined
Feb 29, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
66
Reaction score
103
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Deputy
I know the kit comes with longer sway bar end links. But why would I need a track bar or new control arms?
The lift should be sufficient in the front to level it without going too high. I measured what I have now and my fronts are 2 inches lower than my rears. The Bilstein kit adds 1.3 inches to a rubicon and 1.9 inches to everything else.

Because around a 2" lift puts it on the edge of being out of OEM specs. Some handle it better then others, dunno why.

I did the Rancho Level It kit which is very similar to the Bilstein (springs, sway bars links, shocks, even the same estimated lift height). It gave my sport just over 2" of lift, even with my winch up front. Springs can sometimes lift higher then advertised. I ended up a 1/4" higher up front then the rear. You really won't know until it's installed on the truck. I ended up adding a 1" rear spring. I am very happy overall with everything.

Buy my front axle noticeably shifted. So i ordered an adjustable track bar to get it centered.

My caster after the leveling kit was on the low end. So the longer Mopar 2" lift arms brought it up to the upper end. They're included in the Mopar 2" lift for the same reason.

It should be ok without an adjustable track bar and control arms. But honestly it rides 100% better with them.

The longer Mopar arms are fairly inexpensive and easy to install. Any adjustable track bar will work too.
 

Sponsored

SoK66

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jerry
Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Threads
6
Messages
329
Reaction score
318
Location
Durango, CO
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
Occupation
Land Tours Manager, Jeep Tour Guide
Not a direct answer to your question, but I didn’t care at all for the extreme rake on my ‘23 Willys. I added the Teraflex 1.5” spacer kit which leveled the JT perfectly. After the spacers were installed caster was not in spec, so per the same advice you received above I added the 1/4” longer Mopar lower control arms, plus Teraflex’s 2” shock extensions. I found that the stock sway bar links, which had the sway bar angled high at stock height, ended up the perfect length after the spacer was added.

As my next step I’ll add an adjustable track bar and better shocks.

The 5100s would be a big improvement over the stock Sport shocks. The ones that came on my ‘23 Willys are supposed to be same as Rubicon, but I drive a couple Rubis at work and they are clearly not the same tune. We also have a Mojave which to me is the sweet spot in the ride department. Makes me wish I’d gotten one.
 

Shelstead

Member
First Name
Travis
Joined
Jul 3, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
7
Reaction score
10
Location
Lake Charles Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Carpenter
I have this on my 2023 Gladiator Sport max tow and love this Bilstein 2”level kit I did put jks adjustable track bar on the front end and change the steer stabilizer to a Bilstein run 285/70r17 tire and it looks good and performs great off road it still has a small rake and still tow a Geo Pro camper and it sits level with the camper hook up
Sponsored

 
 







Top