Trim packages differences? Sport S vs Overland

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
This, exactly... I was able to order a 2021 while the employee pricing was available and that also added body color fenders which grants you the non-ugly bumper for free, so I got all kinds of deals working together. I got mine right at 40k and it's pretty much exactly what I wanted. (That being said, I wish I had proximity and I might do that install for the drivers side this summer. I also have since added bed liner.
Yep got the dealer to roll doing the berliner in too. And seriously, how do they get away with giving you remote start and not also including proximity?! I'll be looking into that project as well at some point
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yep got the dealer to roll doing the berliner in too. And seriously, how do they get away with giving you remote start and not also including proximity?! I'll be looking into that project as well at some point
Curious - what's remote start got to do with proximity locks? My wife starts my truck a couple of minutes before we are leaving, then she uses my fob to unlock the doors. She walks out to the garage and gets in the truck while she waits for me to lock the door and get out to the garage - with my fob clipped onto my belt. Passive entry wouldn't help her one bit.
When my truck was parked out by my shop, I'd do remote start, then a few minutes later as I walked to the truck, I hit the button which turned on the headlights (since I was approaching it in the early AM before sunrise)
Bundles are great in the Grand Cherokee - but in the JT it's a different market. Who knows- maybe the 2022 version will have the "you get all of this included!" package.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Honestly, I had no idea I wanted proximity until I had to deal with pulling my key out to get in, then put it away before I turn the truck on. If it has push button start then it should have proximity locks.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I had no idea I wanted proximity until I had to deal with pulling my key out to get in, then put it away before I turn the truck on. If it has push button start then it should have proximity locks.
LOL - yeah, I hear ya. I can certainly understand and put myself where you are with it.

I use a holster. When I get ready to leave, I clip it on a belt loop. Always handy.
I LOVE the passive entry - when my wife first got a Grand Cherokee with it a few years ago, we were both sold on it and she won't have a vehicle any other way now.
We told the sales guy we wanted this lock system and he messed up and never got it checked and we didn't notice until the truck arrived. For months I was finding "it can't be added later" and two dealers told me the same. But now, I have it. Not that hard to add.

GO FOR IT!

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
LOL - yeah, I hear ya. I can certainly understand and put myself where you are with it.

I use a holster. When I get ready to leave, I clip it on a belt loop. Always handy.
I LOVE the passive entry - when my wife first got a Grand Cherokee with it a few years ago, we were both sold on it and she won't have a vehicle any other way now.
We told the sales guy we wanted this lock system and he messed up and never got it checked and we didn't notice until the truck arrived. For months I was finding "it can't be added later" and two dealers told me the same. But now, I have it. Not that hard to add.

GO FOR IT!
So you did the install from the Wrangler forums? Excellent, glad to hear its pretty smooth. Did you do all 4 doors or just driver?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So you did the install from the Wrangler forums? Excellent, glad to hear its pretty smooth. Did you do all 4 doors or just driver?
I did both front doors.
That way I could walk up to the right side depending on where or how we were parked and let my wife in, or load things into it from that side and not walk around.

I used this thread as reference - there's a link to a Wrangler thread. It's actually easier than the thread implies.
And Benny - allmoparparts.com has a package setup for the wiring harnesses, handles, etc. - he knows exactly what's needed.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...tor-someone-figured-it-out-diy-writeup.29199/

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
7" touch screen, Body-color trim, tinted window, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and ambient interior lighting.
I got those. Don't care about the 18" wheels. If I upgrade it'll be moot what the stock is. Rear USB? Don't need it. Got a 6' cord if there's a rear passenger. I have my own type of nerf bars that I prefer over the side steps.

It works for me and the PEP has what I need and nothing i don't need other than the home link which I never use anyway.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Are the "special" Overland seats better than the Sport S? or are they the same seat but with "OVERLAND" embroidered.
There is a definite difference in the seats. Ask your dealer what #1 foam is (as a seat spec). Then ask him if he has a vehicle with that, sit in it and then sit in any other regular seat. Then you will know.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
There is a definite difference in the seats. Ask your dealer what #1 foam is (as a seat spec). Then ask him if he has a vehicle with that, sit in it and then sit in any other regular seat. Then you will know.
All I know is that my JT Overland is one of the few vehicles I can drive for HOURS and not have back or butt pains. They are among the most comfortable seats I've been on in the last 20 years.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Yes, my opinion also even without a lot of seat time yet.

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
All I know is that my JT Overland is one of the few vehicles I can drive for HOURS and not have back or butt pains. They are among the most comfortable seats I've been on in the last 20 years.
I did a 12 hour round trip to Showshoe in my JT. The seats aren't bad, as in I didn't have any discomfort. That being said the seats in my Ram are worlds ahead in terms of comfort. I do wish the seat bottom was a tad longer for a bit more thigh support. But that's just me nitpicking.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I got those. Don't care about the 18" wheels. If I upgrade it'll be moot what the stock is. Rear USB? Don't need it. Got a 6' cord if there's a rear passenger. I have my own type of nerf bars that I prefer over the side steps.

It works for me and the PEP has what I need and nothing i don't need other than the home link which I never use anyway.
The rear USB are charging only, unlike the front ones that are integrated with the UConnect.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Yes, love those JTO leather seats. So comfortable, even all day long.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I did a 12 hour round trip to Showshoe in my JT. The seats aren't bad, as in I didn't have any discomfort. That being said the seats in my Ram are worlds ahead in terms of comfort. I do wish the seat bottom was a tad longer for a bit more thigh support. But that's just me nitpicking.
Hey (or in Iowa, hay) - different people, different sizes, shapes and comfort needs. You need what you need for comfort.
Sponsored