Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
PROBLEM SOLVED = $9 FIX (1 PAIR)
2021-01-08 22.39.52.jpg

2021-01-08 22.40.18.jpg
I did the exact same thing, too funny. BUT, i found that I put it in neutral (auto of course) then back into drive or reverse and it goes...at least on my '22 Willys

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
seat belt laws are gubment overreach
Maybe so, but the proper use of them saves a lot of lives and reduces bodily injury. I never used them until college when I started riding with my girlfriend. Now I always use one, even just across the parking lot.

Sponsored

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Next time, you could try leaving it in Park and put the Transfer Case in Neutral.
That actually makes awesome sense. Jeesch, we just talked in the thread about gladiator theft about how that works, stupido me :headbang:
Would this be even safer? Need to check the JT handbook manual if it is the same for our JT.

https://jeepkingdom.com/how-to-flat-tow-a-jeep/
How to Flat Tow a Jeep Wrangler Behind an RV
On a flat surface with the parking brake on or using a wheel chock get into your Jeep Wrangler and take the following steps to flat tow your Jeep.

1. Put the key in the ignition and move it to the accessory position.
2. Step on the brake pedal and shift the transmission into Neutral (N), or if you have a manual Jeep depress the clutch and brake pedal and shift into Neutral.
3. Shift the transfer case into Neutral (this is the lever you use to shift from 2 to 4 wheel drive)
4. Start the engine.
5. Shift into drive on an automatic or put the manual transmission into gear (most people recommend 2nd or 3rd gear)
6. Let off of the brake pedal make sure that the vehicle does not move.
7. Shut the engine off and leave the key in the unlocked off position.
8. Shift the automatic transmission into Park (P)
9. Hook the Jeep up to the tow vehicle and check lights and safety chain functionality.
10. Release the parking brake.

Special Considerations:
Do not shift an automatic transmission into park with the transfer case in neutral with your engine running, doing so could cause transmission issues.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Would this be even safer? Need to check the JT handbook manual if it is the same for our JT.

https://jeepkingdom.com/how-to-flat-tow-a-jeep/
How to Flat Tow a Jeep Wrangler Behind an RV
On a flat surface with the parking brake on or using a wheel chock get into your Jeep Wrangler and take the following steps to flat tow your Jeep.

1. Put the key in the ignition and move it to the accessory position.
2. Step on the brake pedal and shift the transmission into Neutral (N), or if you have a manual Jeep depress the clutch and brake pedal and shift into Neutral.
3. Shift the transfer case into Neutral (this is the lever you use to shift from 2 to 4 wheel drive)
4. Start the engine.
5. Shift into drive on an automatic or put the manual transmission into gear (most people recommend 2nd or 3rd gear)
6. Let off of the brake pedal make sure that the vehicle does not move.
7. Shut the engine off and leave the key in the unlocked off position.
8. Shift the automatic transmission into Park (P)
9. Hook the Jeep up to the tow vehicle and check lights and safety chain functionality.
10. Release the parking brake.

Special Considerations:
Do not shift an automatic transmission into park with the transfer case in neutral with your engine running, doing so could cause transmission issues.
With the Gladiator, it cannot be shifted out of Park (without using the emergency release) unless the engine is running. The engine cannot be shutdown unless it is in Park.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
+
With the Gladiator, it cannot be shifted out of Park (without using the emergency release) unless the engine is running. The engine cannot be shutdown unless it is in Park.
Very cool. Thank you. I will re-consult and RTFM again. They want the engine running anyway, water, electronics and such.
Sucks, the only place were I can do it myself is about an hour away and the neighbours ars stazi about the no washing your car on your property or the road laws here.
With all the winter salt it is the only real fast option to get rid of it.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
seat belt laws are gubment overreach
Having picked up, scraped up and mopped up a few people who felt likewise, seatbelts do in fact save lives.

Or to put it another way, the only apsect of seatbelts in a jeep that I have disabled or bypassed is the chime... yes I know it is not currently being used, but I am also not in motion.

A perfect example was the three kids in a YJ, came hauling off the paved road and onto the gravel side road, failed to apply the physics and found out how culverts work. One kid was lucky enough to "only" get his arm between the roll hoop and the ground, the other kid looked like pantyhose filled with cottage cheese. The kid in the rear wearing only the lap belt (remember those paralyzing lap belts) well he went face first into the hoop and flapped and flailed but he also slept in his own bed that night. So one kid with a traumatic amputation whose life was literally saved by the dead weight of the jeep pinning him, one kid looking like a soup salad sandwich and the third who will have nightmares for years but otherwise alive and healthy. These safety features exist to minimize corporate exposure to YOUR stupidity, perhaps if so many people hadn't died we wouldn't need them.
Sponsored