Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So you're happy to have the government regulating every part of life today because "if only 1 kid's life is saved it's worth it"
It's happening.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
The regulating, the dead kids?

I am not a fan of agressive over regulation and to be honest I'm also not a fan of over reach in any form. Also not a fan of dead people.

So yes, government mandates that force the design hand sacrifices a huge amount of design and artistic vision and so much of what we see as a departure from classic "jeep" design can be attributed to advances in safety concepts; reinforced doors and rockers, huge dash structures, tiny windows, massive blind spots caused by all the roll structure.

But a new jeep can take a hit and not kill you outright and doesn't roll off the showroom floor with rust.

However I've come to terms with autopark and while it does take a little readjusting of behaviors, I haven't felt it as the creeping hand of doom.

gladnewb

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Still figuring that out, but IT for now!
If an update has been pushed & received on my truck it has yet to break my setting. I will note that I do not update my Mini (running firmware from 12/20) as well in fear of something happening to settings. I’m not sure if that’s correct logic, but it’s working so far. I can still open the door and roll with the transmission in gear. At any speed. The setting on the Tazer Mini is the Parksense value (on mine) is set to 0.

maligator

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD Willys 2021 Hyundai Veloster N DCT
Occupation
Programmer
So you're happy to have the government regulating every part of life today because "if only 1 kid's life is saved it's worth it"
Defiantly not a fan of that/any unnecessary regulation. This is maybe an unnecessary feature but not regulation right? I don't think this has anything to do with regulation because otherwise I would imagine all of the other cars I've driven in the last few years would have this same feature.

I'm assuming that most drivers don't want their jeeps to yeet into traffic or into a person if they hop out of it and forget to put it in park in a moment of stupidity. If you need to drive both unbuclked and with your door open we already found a solution.
Jeep Gladiator Brake applies when door is open 1631026502492

I was just poking fun at the fact that a pretty benign feature that prevents your car from moving when you are not in it is problably not that big of a deal. Also that If you were concerned about "big brother" in the traditional sense, I would be more concerned about what data your jeep is keeping and sending to Jeep and what they are doing with it and how much they care about keeping it secure lol.

Don't worry I am super cynical and don't want to be told what to do either :)

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely it didn't have anything to do with "Big Brother Gov" watching over you. The Anton Yelchin family sued Fiat and settled out of court.

While we love to blame "Big Brother" most "safety" features/changes come from companies tired of being sued for unsafe products. It's cheaper to add a "feature" (that some many like and other don't care about either way) then pay legal fees, etc. Especially after it happened one time because then it's a "known" issue. At least they can say the tried to fix the problem and if someone disables the feature their family is Sxxx out of Luck.
There was another story in the news 2 weeks ago - a young woman was run over by her own vehicle. She lived, oddly enough.
And the one about the guy who took his car to the body shop - the shop employee moved the car, got out and the car backed onto a busy highway and was hit (luckily no one killed)
Or this one (there's a lot of 'em out there if anyone bothers to try)
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/mcdonalds-customer-dies-drive-thru-freak-accident

I found another on USAToday where a child was run over after - with the DRIVER DOOR OPEN, a vehicle was taken out of park.

There's more than just that young Anton's story out there, likely dozens of them.
One law suit seldom does it, they pay and move on, but if a problem is found (real or perceived) then they spend engineering time and money to deal with it. Of course the details of the settlement could have included "fix it or pay more", we will never know.

If there wasn't some sort of an issue - few companies would spend the type of money to complicate things, to engineer "solutions" in unless ordered to.

One can blame the stupid driver, blame circumstances or - as happens, things wear or break and suddenly park isn't really park any more you just think it's in park.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
It appears that War met the fate of many other ensemble groups; an endless series of comings and goings and going to tomorrow's parties with yesterday's looks. Some guys died, one was killed, the new jams never became new hits and while they may have been very artistically gifted individually and as a whole were a unique moment in creative time, art and culture moved on without them. I always felt they paired well with Bongo Rock, a truly exploratory album that forces you to reassess traditional arraingement, like no joke here, it makes you hear different whole listening to it. Huge industry stars and the vangard of studio gig hands played on it and it's relegated to the gag album bin for reasons that make no sense.

So yeah, War is still kinda around by virtue of never having declare they weren't a band anymore but I wouldn't expect to catch them jamming at the club this friday.

Zebra however are still kicking strong and getting ready to do some more shows which is mind blowing and it would only be made more better by the inclusion of Stryper if possible

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So because the algorithm is always listening, youtube fed this to me today, War, Live at The Grove 2007

Still a tight act, still creative and still cranking it out but also still never achieved the reach perhaps they should have full catalog wise.

Related, tight sound with smooth grove and riding high on the wave of Afropop but never really went anywhere, Lafayette. Very Fela Kuti, James Brown and disco like while also being 70's FM radio friendly by not beating the skin off the social issues drum, you could speed up the temp to dance, break beat to jam a party or just let it roll while you and your friends wear turtle neck sweaters and discuss how awful everything else is.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Wow did this get off topic.😳

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So because the algorithm is always listening, youtube fed this to me today, War, Live at The Grove 2007

Still a tight act, still creative and still cranking it out but also still never achieved the reach perhaps they should have full catalog wise.

Related, tight sound with smooth grove and riding high on the wave of Afropop but never really went anywhere, Lafayette. Very Fela Kuti, James Brown and disco like while also being 70's FM radio friendly by not beating the skin off the social issues drum, you could speed up the temp to dance, break beat to jam a party or just let it roll while you and your friends wear turtle neck sweaters and discuss how awful everything else is.

I think one reason I liked some of War's music was the mix of styles - the beat, as a former HS band drummer, I loved. Cisco Kid was a favorite of mine. I may even have the 45 here somewhere. If a song has a mix of styles and a great beat and percussion presence, I might just listen to it.

korknut

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Pool cleaning service
Today had just taken seat belt off, shifted to neutral to roll through car wash. I had to open and close my mojave door quickly at last minute before went under water sprayer. , asking car wash attendant to please push down back of bed trifold hard cover to better seal. After which my jeep was jerking and banging i knew rigjht away what i did.Yea learned by smashing my ear on pillar post shortly after purchasem i knew how to fix but mot before dragged through the entire carwash banging on parking paw or whatever it does when locks out of neutral into the safety of park. windows up, cant shout , noisy anyway. .attendant guy looking around wondering why his system under load. Just dragging me engine running No way to shift back to park to reset, as could not press brake pedal. Who knows long term damage done. Thought for sure was to get smashed by truck behind me. Truley sucked. This is a terrible safety feature. If i want to open my door with seatbelt off knowledge of different risk involved be it 4 wheelin, backing up, spitting at high speed or hollering at low speed........at bell or a light will suffice. Dont put me in time out until i shift to park. Sorry for venting- i actually just came here to learn a dissable proceedure. but after reading 4 years of complaints answered with mean mugging

i do like using cam and only cam backing up
h8 big brother

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
So
what about unplugging the door? Understand to me it’s just a minor inconvenience that you just get over. And yes, I do realize the windows wouldn’t roll up or down
lol

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So
what about unplugging the door? Understand to me it’s just a minor inconvenience that you just get over. And yes, I do realize the windows wouldn’t roll up or down
lol
People hate what they don't understand............
Sponsored