Sponsored

Brake controller no longer listed as an option?

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Ugh. I already have an add on brake controller. I was so hoping for something from the factory.

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
No reason they couldn’t do a little cross-brand shopping & use the one from the Ram pickups. It would be a PITA to fit an aftermarket controller in a JT, there isn’t much extra room in there. I hope by the time I’m ready to order they will have addresses this.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Awful. So they just throw away those cool knobs? wtf I want one!

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I would never be able to find it again but I am sure that I remember the original description was that it was a Mopar accessory item with plug and play capability. Then when it showed up on the configurator we all got excited that it was a factory option. I do not care who installs the device as long as it works like it is supposed to AND it looks like it is supposed be there.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I would never be able to find it again but I am sure that I remember the original description was that it was a Mopar accessory item with plug and play capability.
This here is a big deal, on my GC it takes a Lot of hacking/splicing to add a controller, and there is absolutely nowhere to put a 'conventional' rectangular controller box.
That REDARC one looks promising, as far as aesthetics, but plug&play is critical.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

Rob_Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1992 Jeep Cherokee, 1947 Bantam T3-C Overland Expedition Trailer
Occupation
Video Host
I'm certain that as soon as folks start to get Gladiators we'll see a bunch of DIY videos, this being one of them.
My vote is @Rob_Quadratec will be the first :like:
Installing a brake controller in a Gladiator will definitely be one of the first DIY videos we put together, especially since Jeep removed the option, at least until later this year.

We sell a few different brake controllers now, hopefully MOPAR will release an official brake controller designed to fit the Gladiators dash sooner than later!

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's still showing up on the website right now but obviously I didn't see it on the order guide when I placed my order Friday. It should be included with the Max Towing package.

ScreenHunter_151 May. 19 16.57.jpg

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
No reason they couldn’t do a little cross-brand shopping & use the one from the Ram pickups. It would be a PITA to fit an aftermarket controller in a JT, there isn’t much extra room in there. I hope by the time I’m ready to order they will have addresses this.
I put one in my JL, it's super easy. I put it on the right side and below the steering wheel above my knee. Will be putting the same one in my JT, takes maybe 10 minutes to install.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Not idea for everyone but works for multiple vehicles and trailers as it is wireless and plugs into 12v. No drilling and no wiring.

43C5FC7A-D158-4ACC-A06F-11BF91EAB1DA.png
Sponsored