First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R and 2017 Chevrolet Bolt
Occupation
Business Owner
This thread is an example of why I hate the internet sometimes šŸ˜‚ This could have been solved in 1 comment yet itā€™s 30 replies of bickering. Iā€™m not blaming you either, OP.
It's part my fault, I'll own it. It's just amazing that in the real world something so simple can take so damned long to solve. The online solution actually helped even though it's literally the MOPAR part number. Now we'll see about getting the appointment considering it will take minutes to fix. It sounds like the service manager is going to work me between cars. The receptionist and scheduler was not very useful.
Sponsored

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
What a fun afternoon show ha....

OP, glad you found the part, they are in fact ready to get most times, as I ordred them for my own spacer lift when I didn't want to pay for the full Mopar kit. There are several great online dealers/resellers that stock these parts, I had all 4 of my links within a few days of ordering.

Your dealer sucks, clearly, but you also were a fun hot head to read through.

For what it's worth, I've struggled with dentistry quality issues myself, with several attempts to "get it right".

Nothing we humans do is perfect I suppose.

OP
OP

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
What a fun afternoon show ha....

OP, glad you found the part, they are in fact ready to get most times, as I ordred them for my own spacer lift when I didn't want to pay for the full Mopar kit. There are several great online dealers/resellers that stock these parts, I had all 4 of my links within a few days of ordering.

Your dealer sucks, clearly, but you also were a fun hot head to read through.

For what it's worth, I've struggled with dentistry quality issues myself, with several attempts to "get it right".

Nothing we humans do is perfect I suppose.
Hothead I'll agree to, LOL.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Hothead I'll agree to, LOL.
Glad you are hopefully getting it resolved, we all blow off at times, particularly with Dealer shit!! :mad:

You ended it with a great attitude ha! Please let us know if you need further help!

OP
OP

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Glad you are hopefully getting it resolved, we all blow off at times, particularly with Dealer shit!! :mad:

You ended it with a great attitude ha! Please let us know if you need further help!
thank you!

Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you got it resolved ... I totally understand your frustration. As I mentioned I was there. When I was told to see if I could source the part on my own as I might have a better connection for more parts I was dumbfounded. How can the dealer not source an actual Mopar part? It's one thing when they say it's backordered ... it's another when they have no clue what it is, how to get it, or even seem like they want to make the effort. I can assure you most being critical of your position have not been in this situation. For what it's worth I'm also becoming a fan of Northridge4x4 and their level of service.

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
In the meantime you can use the rears that are likely Abundant. Iā€™m sure someone here on this forum may have the factory rear sway bar links sitting in their garage . Can they still be used up front or is that only a thing for the JKs?

Stsdroog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
They need to pull it from an existing kit and work it out with MOPAR on the backend. Dealerships are 99.9% full of shit.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The part is OEM is not? Who gives a crap where they get it? If it's made by MOPAR and someone else can order it by MOPAR then it stands to reason that a dealership should be able to order it?
Because the warranty agreement isn't with the dealership, it's with Jeep. The dealer must use official channels or (1) your kit is no longer warrantied, and (2) they get no reimbursement for time or materials. Same reason they won't just pull a part from another box "and figure it out later"... that's probably $2k between parts and labor for them they'd be throwing out the window over a $50 part.

I get that you're frustrated here but there are supplier shortages across every industry and these things happen. These aren't common parts and even less commonly broken so they're going to be low priority in the supply chain. Your solution is to either wait or to buy something yourself and see if the dealership will do you a solid to install them for you. Just know that doing so throws other things out the window.

Sponsored

Racerxray1

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Rubicon JKU, 2019 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Retired
Not sure how or why but I sheared off the threaded top end of my driver's-side swaybar end-link. This end-link came from the Mopar 2" lift kit bought and was installed by my dealer when the truck was new in February. I don't really off-road a ton (forest service roads, no Jeep trails yet for the most the part) and both dealers agreed it's a warranty part and that they will replace it for free but neither dealer seems to be able to order the stand-alone end-link or really help in anyway or form from a parts perspective.

My response is, well, if you can't get the end-link they you are going to have to supply me with the next available thing which is the lift kit or pull one from a lift kit. Pretty much no one is willing to even pull one out of a kit until they both verify they can order it as a stand-alone part. And round and round we go. I realize there are other end-link options for the lift height I got from the kit but at this point it's about the premise of the thing and why one might buy the Mopar kit rather than other more fully-featured options. They keep this Sh*t up and I will lemon law the thing after it sits in their lot for 30 days since it's not what I would call Freeway worthy right now. They'll have a blast reimbursing me for the after-market upgrades I'm sure.

Any thoughts as to what I can do to get them to actually order a part that HAS to be available from MOPAR? Any idea why neither of them can't seem to find it in their ordering systems? FWIW one dealer is in Renton and one is in Kirkland, Washington state.
They are available through Jeep dealers. My installer has issues with one in my kit and I was able to find a dealer that had the lift end link in stock. You can find the link part number online and then have your local dealer search for it. Some of the aftermarket companies also carry them

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
That'll get you far in life. Threatening to lemon law the whole jeep over a sway bar end link that you can't post a simple picture of is the solution of a sane and rational person. The same type of person that will argue endlessly online while crying about not having any free time.

Good luck. Wear a helmet and try not to get your finger nails dirty.
Sigh... I have to agree with dfwxjer here. To the OP: Getting so upset about a $29.99 part that you can order yourself, and possibly install yourself in your driveway, and threatening to start a lemon law case is unbelievable. It's not like this is an expensive part.

If it was a $1000 repair or a $500 repair, then maybe a lemon law case would be the way to go, although probably to no avail.

Life is WAY TOO SHORT to be SO UPSET about a $29.99 part!

Jeeptruck

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon launch edition
I have to say I had mixed feelings reading this thread. On one hand, life is too short to get worked up about something easy to solve. $30 is family dinner at McDonalds and the time the OP spent on this thread would have covered installation.
On the other hand, businesses have to be held accountable based on principle. It wasnā€™t that there is a supply issue here or something was back ordered. They simply didnā€™t try hard enough or their parts department wasnā€™t good enough. It was a Mopar part they installed, with a part number, that they ultimately were able to order.

when I took mine in for a broken wheel stud, and they said they didnā€™t have them in stock, my initial thoughts involved many expletives and shock that a dealer didnā€™t have a wheel stud.
the dealer however, said they would have it the next day, gave me a ride home and kept the Jeep so they could put it on first thing. Surprised when I picked it up that there was no charge - they did the install for free for me having to ā€œwait a whole dayā€. Different story in a way but better service experience.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
we still haven't seen pics of the broken part
Sponsored