Sponsored

Bronco is fullsize - no comparison

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
The bronco is closer to width to the Jeep than an F150? I love the sh*t talkin, but not entirely accurate.

Bronco:

Vehicle width without mirrors (in.)75.9 (base)

Jeep JL Wrangler

• Overall Width: 73.8 (1,875)
Ford F150

XL 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)79.9 in.
Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
We should all hope and pray the Bronco does well. Competition is hugely important. Lowers price, adds features, and pushes envelopes. We are entering a golden age of offroad, where every company is trying to get a piece of the pie. Jeep can't just float down the river anymore, they have to PUSH.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Depends on how you define ":win". The Bronco is going to out sell and the gladiator and if early orders are any indication, they will sell faster and for more money.

From a business standpoint, I think Ford takes the W.
Of course it'll outsell the Gladiator, which is meant to be niche. I like the bronco. But I doubt it will outsell the Wrangler, which is the direct competition, not the gladiator. Not saying it's a bad vehicle. I like it. I am sure it'll sell very well. But Gladiator to Bronco isn't meant to be the comparison. Gladiators won't outsell anything, as they are just a cool weird subset of wrangler ram mashup. The gladiator is a win too, because it keeps people who want trucks in jeeps. And it keeps a few people who want midsize trucks in the Mopar family, since ram has no offering.

Last edited:

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I kind of like the look of them. Especially with 35s, they look like those SUVs with big tires in Iceland.

Reactions: Mac

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The bronco is closer to width to the Jeep than an F150? I love the sh*t talkin, but not entirely accurate.

Bronco:

Vehicle width without mirrors (in.)75.9 (base)

Jeep JL Wrangler

• Overall Width: 73.8 (1,875)
Ford F150

XL 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)79.9 in.

That's the base bronco, the wildtrak is 79.3 inches. It is within half an inch of an f150 and half a foot bigger than the Wrangler Rubicon

Sponsored

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
That's the base bronco, the wildtrak is 79.3 inches. It is within half an inch of an f150 and half a foot bigger than the Wrangler Rubicon
Solid point... I would counter that you're referring to the wildtrak w/ the 35s in the sasquatch package... that would be like the equivalent of us putting 35s/37s with a wider track. So I would still stick with the comparison of base jeep vs base bronco.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Paper numbers are deceiving.

On the F150, the 79.9" measurement is damn near the entire body of the truck.

On the Bronco, the fenders are 79.3 inches wide because the thing comes with 12.5" wide tires that require more backspacing. It doesn't change the size of the vehicle, only the tire footprint. The width of the vehicle is unchanged no matter the trim.

Go look at all the Rubicons out there with 8.5" wide, 4.25" BS wheels most run and guess what, they're nearly 79" wide too. That's 2" per side just in backspacing gained and a little extra wheel and tire. Easily adds 5" to the width just playing it safe - many go much deeper or wider which makes their Jeep well past the Bronco.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
To me, Ford missed it with the Bronco by not styling it enough like the '66-'77 Bronco. The preview pictures seemed to look like the old ones but when it finally was released I thought and still think it's a huge disappointment. I'm not a Ford guy but the early Broncos are one of a few Foods I truly like the look of.

It misses the mark badly like that abortion of a Thunderbird they made a few years ago.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
To me, Ford missed it with the Bronco by not styling it enough like the '66-'77 Bronco. The preview pictures seemed to look like the old ones but when it finally was released I thought and still think it's a huge disappointment. I'm not a Ford guy but the early Broncos are one of a few Foods I truly like the look of.

It misses the mark badly like that abortion of a Thunderbird they made a few years ago.
Did you forget to add you were posting sarcasm?

They look nothing alike at all!/

Jeep Gladiator Bronco is fullsize - no comparison 121C16DF-47EF-4E48-9077-939427AC17E9

bidingmytime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Of course it'll outsell the Gladiator, which is meant to be niche. I like the bronco. But I doubt it will outsell the Wrangler, which is the direct competition, not the gladiator. Not saying it's a bad vehicle. I like it. I am sure it'll sell very well. But Gladiator to Bronco isn't meant to be the comparison. Gladiators won't outsell anything, as they are just a cool weird subset of wrangler ram mashup. The gladiator is a win too, because it keeps people who want trucks in jeeps. And it keeps a few people who want midsize trucks in the Mopar family, since ram has no offering.
I had a badlands Bronco on order and canceled when my spot came up because I decided to have a Jeep with a truck bed.

You're right that they're not direct just loosely related in offroad capabilities. I know angles and such are different but the gladiator is great off-road.

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Jeeps were still around after Broncos left the first time. I believe history will repeat itself.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I'm a dyed in wool Ford guy!

Bought a Gladiator.

No more Eco-Booms.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The Bronco is just 2” wider than a JL, i side and out.
Than a jls fender flares maybe and not including the broncos fender flares. It's significantly wider than a jl at 73 to 79 including flares. JL flares are an extra 8 inches so body to body it's 65 to ~ 73

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon