OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
It's going to be a little while before any newer versions come out. I have to at least get some money back before working another design. Otherwise I'll be stuck in a never ending design phase and everyone won't buy any tail lights because they will be waiting to see what the next set looks like. Just being honest. This is a fun hobby that I will never make a living at. But I at least need to make something back from it. That being said, eventually another version will come.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
It's going to be a little while before any newer versions come out. I have to at least get some money back before working another design. Otherwise I'll be stuck in a never ending design phase and everyone won't buy any tail lights because they will be waiting to see what the next set looks like. Just being honest. This is a fun hobby that I will never make a living at. But I at least need to make something back from it. That being said, eventually another version will come.
totally understandable!

OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I have my fourth bambu lab printers arriving today.

Anyone in the market for 3d printers, bambu lab p1p is amazing. I also own a bambu lab x1c, but the p1p is the best bang for the buck... Truly a printer you can hit print and just walk away from. And if you want to do abs or asa plastic , you can buy a enclosure pretty cheap for it too.

Anyway absolutely love these printers.

Sponsored

Rc328

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Occupation
Eng
Hi there,
I'm in central Florida, I would be happy to be a test user , I can pick them up and place a deposit if need it.
Thanks for all your hard work ,

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I like most of the design. But there was something about the gunner tail light that bothered me and I never really gave it much thought why. But I see it now. The corners do not quite seem to match the body lines. And the corners by the tailgate are a little too big and don't feel like the marry up.

that being said, they probably look better on a matte vinyl decal on that inset.

Just my opinions. Keep up the good work.

Jeep Gladiator Building my own flush tail lights Screenshot at 2023-05-23 11-05-44

Jeep Gladiator Building my own flush tail lights Screenshot at 2023-05-23 11-05-25

Jeep Gladiator Building my own flush tail lights Screenshot at 2023-05-23 11-06-10

OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I like most of the design. But there was something about the gunner tail light that bothered me and I never really gave it much thought why. But I see it now. The corners do not quite seem to match the body lines. And the corners by the tailgate are a little too big and don't feel like the marry up.

that being said, they probably look better on a matte vinyl decal on that inset.

Just my opinions. Keep up the good work.

Jeep Gladiator Building my own flush tail lights Screenshot at 2023-05-23 11-06-10

Now that you point it out I completely agree.... However I think mine have a lot less radius than the gunner tail lights.

Crazy enough, even though I have the gunner tail lights, I haven't pulled one measurement off of them. I pulled all my measurements off factory tail lights and went off of them... My first version I made was tiny lol... The perimeter of the factory lights is a lot smaller.

I wish I could make them like the rugged ridge tail lights that have yet to come out where it meets the entire recessed area. But my 3d printers are not big enough to do it, plus it would be very hard to print.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Now that you point it out I completely agree.... However I think mine have a lot less radius than the gunner tail lights.

Crazy enough, even though I have the gunner tail lights, I haven't pulled one measurement off of them. I pulled all my measurements off factory tail lights and went off of them... My first version I made was tiny lol... The perimeter of the factory lights is a lot smaller.

I wish I could make them like the rugged ridge tail lights that have yet to come out where it meets the entire recessed area. But my 3d printers are not big enough to do it, plus it would be very hard to print.
Yours definitely fits design wise better than theirs.
And I think the inside weather strip seal is great idea. The gap behind the oracle light could have been made less noticeable if they had done the same.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Yours definitely fits design wise better than theirs.
And I think the inside weather strip seal is great idea. The gap behind the oracle light could have been made less noticeable if they had done the same.
Now that, I did get from the gunner tail lights. They used this weather strip.....

The worst tail light is the quake..... They used a weather strip made for like a indoor window.... And it doesn't protect you from scratching your jt at all....

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Now that, I did get from the gunner tail lights. They used this weather strip.....

The worst tail light is the quake..... They used a weather strip made for like a indoor window.... And it doesn't protect you from scratching your jt at all....
I'm wholeheartedly convinced jeep made our headlights the way they did so that aftermarket options would be harder to produce and manufacture to a high-quality level.

WanderingJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Blue Overland - Prev, 2014 Polar JKU
Occupation
contract manager
I know I saw it before but cant find the pic. Are you printing these vertically with supports? And what are you using to design these? Im very basic with tinkercad

OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Okay so first print I ko
I know I saw it before but cant find the pic. Are you printing these vertically with supports? And what are you using to design these? Im very basic with tinkercad
Yes printing vertically, with little support. I'm trying to design the three round headlight without support for the circles, because they leave a mess. But we will see. First attempt at printing the three circle one with supports for the circles left a huge mess that takes too long to try and remove.

Fusion 360 is what I'm using at the moment.
Sponsored