First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
With the seemingly consistent want for flush mount taillights from everyone, you'd think there would be more of a market. I just about pulled the plug on those JeepSteel flush mount lights but apparently they went out of business. I thought there was a rugged ridge version but still haven't seen anything. I'm not here to talk badly about the Oracles but the cheapo amazon lights do not have any issues.
Sponsored

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
With the seemingly consistent want for flush mount taillights from everyone, you'd think there would be more of a market. I just about pulled the plug on those JeepSteel flush mount lights but apparently they went out of business. I thought there was a rugged ridge version but still haven't seen anything. I'm not here to talk badly about the Oracles but the cheapo amazon lights do not have any issues.
Heard through the grapevine that a few others manufacturers are looking to bring flush mounts to market. I think the larger issue is having to have two different SKU's for the Wrangler and Gladiator. Just adds complexity, storage space, and design time.

Edit to add: Rugged Ridge was working on a really nice looking set, they revealed them at Sema but no word since then on a release.

Last edited:

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
It works consistently with OEM and most other aftermarket led lights with a Tazer or JSCAN. The Oracle Led lights are what's hit or miss if they are gonna work or not, It has nothing to do with the Tazer or JSCAN.
So you’re saying the Jeep is not the inconsistent part, it’s the light… you either get a set that’s going to work or you don’t, but a different set might work perfectly.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So you’re saying the Jeep is not the inconsistent part, it’s the light… you either get a set that’s going to work or you don’t, but a different set might work perfectly.
That's exactly it. The oracles are supposed to have the anti-flicker built into them but if they are flickering on some jeeps or hyper flashing then that component is bad inside the light. That's why I almost prefer buying the anti-flicker adapters instead of having it built in because if that component goes bad inside the light then you just got a bad light and the whole light has to be replaced. If you use adapters all you have to do is replace the adapters. I used a rally harness on my JKU and never had any issues for over 4yrs and sold the jeep with the harness installed.

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've had my Oracle tail lights for about 3 months now no issues (knocking on wood). Almost sounds like they are hit or miss. I bought these lights knowing that they can go south at any point. I've kept my OEM just in case.

Sponsored

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
I've had my Oracle tail lights for about 3 months now no issues (knocking on wood). Almost sounds like they are hit or miss. I bought these lights knowing that they can go south at any point. I've kept my OEM just in case.
Had mine installed since October, once adjusted with JScan, no issues since. But I also had read up on the issues these had and was prepared to work through the issues. Kept my OEM ones just in case as well.

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent