Sponsored

California registration for a Hemi Gladiator

Sandevino

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jun 14, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
947
Reaction score
1,827
Location
North Texas
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My recommendation…

Jeep Gladiator California registration for a Hemi Gladiator IMG_0607
Sponsored

 
OP
OP

JTGuy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Pascual
Joined
Jul 23, 2023
Threads
61
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
1,742
Location
San Dimas CA
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
A ref called me and said I can't be a crate engine. Has to be out of a Vinned vehicle of the same weight class and be 4x4. Maybe. 5.7 out of a 1500 and everything has to be exactly as it was in the 1500. Will be easier to wait for a Hurricane engine.
 

JeepOfTheseus

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 26, 2021
Threads
60
Messages
1,108
Reaction score
1,999
Location
Bay Area
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
A ref called me and said I can't be a crate engine. Has to be out of a Vinned vehicle of the same weight class and be 4x4. Maybe. 5.7 out of a 1500 and everything has to be exactly as it was in the 1500. Will be easier to wait for a Hurricane engine.
Shift Autowerx (based out of SoCal) apparently just got trained/certified for AMW swaps. They responded to my comment on one of TrailRecon's recent videos that the plan is to get it CARB certified. I'm not holding my breath, but I do hope they try and succeed.
 

4xjeepr

Well-Known Member
First Name
DON
Joined
Aug 30, 2020
Threads
13
Messages
887
Reaction score
1,394
Location
Thomasville, NC
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
I'm still reeling from the fact that California has vehicle referees! Do they come out wearing black and white striped shirts with whistles around their necks??
 

Stormtroopin

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
248
Reaction score
423
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Any update on this, I’m waiting for the 392 gladiator to release before I send mine to Jeep speed shop for a v8 swap. After talking to them they think since mine is currently registered already in CA all I have to do is find someone to ignore the v8 engine in it and run a regular smog. Still would like to talk to someone that has a legally registered v8 in CA and find out the what why and how’s to the process of getting it carb certified.
Sponsored

 
 







Top