Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Is it less than 7650 lbs? These aren't really meant for 5th wheel trailers, being midsize and all, but if it's light enough (edit: and the bed is long enough), it can be done (with the right package). The bed is only 5'. That might be your limitation.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Is it less than 7650 lbs? These aren't really meant for 5th wheel trailers, being midsize and all, but if it's light enough (edit: and the bed is long enough), it can be done (with the right package). The bed is only 5'. That might be your limitation.
I loaded down my move with 3,000 lbs of sand in the bed before I got rid of it, it squatted quite a bit needless to say. 😂

Last edited:

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I loaded down my move with 3,000 lbs of sand in the bed before the got rid of it, it squatted quite a bit needless to say. 😂
Good point, I didn't even think about that. A 5th wheel is going to take a lot away from your payload.

Sponsored

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
Although the trailer is not super heavy (GVWR 5500lbs/646 lbs hitch weight ), I think our bed size is a no go.

The Escape 5.0 targets trucks with a minimum 5’6″ bed and suitable payload/tow capacity.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
your problem is bed length. a fifth wheel is centered over the rear axles generally. The escape needs a 5’6” bed. payload capacity is not be an issue nor gvwr or the escape as the escape can be towed by mid sized trucks per the trailer company.

but it is a no go due to bed length.

jdwhichard

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
nurse
Vehicle Showcase
sure but with the short bed you have to have a slider i have hit the soft top lightly no damage when back and turning my trailer with max tow package 7600 max tow weight and 1700 bed cap. I Have a 30 foot fifth wheel RV and probably going to put a slider in mine pin weight around 1200 and 7500 max trailer weight . im towing the camper and horse trailer now with my f250 crew cab long bed 176 inch wheel base , not one inch of trailer movement even going by 18 wheeler on a 2 lane road, but i know the gladiator will tow it . The only problem is you have to mount the fifth wheel right over the axle and you must have a slider 5th wheel , on a 8 foot wide rv you are going to make it a convertible when backing . You must have brake controller , the jeep is good but you want to be able to stop it .
Im going to put inbed 5th wheel rails bolted though the bed and thur the frame , exact same setup with the F250 , i just want to be able to tow the camper if i need a back up vehicle .

Sponsored

jdwhichard

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
nurse
Vehicle Showcase

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Can the hitch really be placed directly over the axle, and have the frame tie points required?? I just don’t understand why….. these are toys and not haulers.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Not sure if this was just a pose for a stupid picture or an actual thing. I would never!
Jeep Gladiator Can a jeep gladiator pull an escape trailer 5th wheel Towing_Fail

John Lenheiser

First Name
Trainman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 dr. Willys
Occupation
Retired
I've spent the last two months looking into pulling an Oliver travel trailer, weight around 4800 lbs. and a tongue weight of 500 lbs. Those are empty weights so adding more weight is a given. After watching many YouTube reviews on towing with a Gladiator I have decided it would be a big mistake with the V6 gas engine, but with the 3.0 diesel it would do a good job. All being said if you did go with the V6 be ready to be running your gas engine around 4000 RPM just to keep pulling, a lot of engine noise, and the trans shifting up and down through the gears a lot. I think you will be very unhappy with the results of the V6.
Jeep Gladiator Can a jeep gladiator pull an escape trailer 5th wheel DSCN3868.JPG

Reactions: KVJ

jdwhichard

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
nurse
Vehicle Showcase
yes over the axle or the pin is a few inches behind axle . you must use slider hitch to back the the RV . im going to use inbed 5th wheel rails with L brackets bolted thou the frame . this is the wifes truck i have it just as a back up for my tow vehicle . the gladiator mirror are way to small to tow with , this is what i normal tow with
Can the hitch really be placed directly over the axle, and have the frame tie points required?? I just don’t understand why….. these are toys and not haulers.
truck11.jpg
Sponsored