Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I'm actually surprised how many folks really love the wrangler front on the Gladiator . I really liked the nukieser concept years past , and hoped for something unique and more historically Gladiator like . However I don't hate the JL front either . This has made for interesting feedback !
You can add a different grill if you want.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JD101

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon , 2021 JLU
I can't believe this is even a topic. Should wrangler owners wave at gladiator owners or vice versa. My Mojave is every bit the jeep that my 18 Rubicon is and the last I checked, I have the Jeep badge on my gladiator. Their both great vehicles! When we wave we are recognizing something we have in common. Have fun with it!
I couldn't agree more .
You can add a different grill if you want.
The grille ( whole front end ) I want is 6k on the truck if I do the labor , so pretty far out there . But the gears are turning ..... Something like this .
Jeep Gladiator Can we talk about 2 things ? image9

Last edited:

rdboyd

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 1971 Jeep Cj5
Occupation
Product Development Engineer
When the current Gladiator was first announced, I wondered why the called it Gladiator instead of Scrambler. The original Scrambler was basically a Wrangler with a bed, whereas the original Gladiator was a truck that bore no resemblance to the CJ.

I was provided a 2.0L Wrangler the last time I needed a rental car for a business trip. I was not impressed with the acceleration from a standing stop, but it did pick up speed quickly once the turbo spooled up. I did like the 30 mpg mileage for the trip, but would still prefer the 3.6 in the Gladiator. I think a small turbo 4 cylinder engines pulling around a vehicle as heavy as the Gladiator would wear itself out sooner.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
When the current Gladiator was first announced, I wondered why the called it Gladiator instead of Scrambler. The original Scrambler was basically a Wrangler with a bed, whereas the original Gladiator was a truck that bore no resemblance to the CJ.
I wonder if you didn't almost answer your own question........
The original Scrambler was tiny, couldn't tow much, nothing for payload, it was tiny, small, not a truck, it was a small Jeep with a place to put stuff.
The Gladiator was a truck. It had payload capability and towing capability.
What would you want to compare to in people's minds? A tiny Wrangler with a tiny bed and no capability to haul or tow other than a cooler or a small trailer, or a real truck that could tow and haul?
Gladiator evokes power, strength, towing.
Scrambler evokes thoughts of puddle-jumping, a place for 2 people to sit and no real towing ability.
I wouldn't even have to see a 2020 or later Gladiator - if I had never seen one, I'd assume it was a fairly capable truck. Had they called it a Scrambler, I would that thought "cute".

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
My dad had a Gladiator when I was a kid, I really wish he had kept it. Regardless we should be happy we got a Jeep looking gladiator, instead of a re faced dodge Dakota. I’m happy with how it looks really. I mean yes the retro front grill on the front end kits looks cool. But regardless I’m happy with my rig!

Sponsored

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
If it had looked like that, I’d have bought it in a heartbeat. But I love the way my Mojave looks as is too.
I MUCH prefer the Gladiator name over any other historical Jeep reference they could have used. Such a badass name for our trucks, imo.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I wonder if you didn't almost answer your own question........
The original Scrambler was tiny, couldn't tow much, nothing for payload, it was tiny, small, not a truck, it was a small Jeep with a place to put stuff.
The Gladiator was a truck. It had payload capability and towing capability.
What would you want to compare to in people's minds? A tiny Wrangler with a tiny bed and no capability to haul or tow other than a cooler or a small trailer, or a real truck that could tow and haul?
Gladiator evokes power, strength, towing.
Scrambler evokes thoughts of puddle-jumping, a place for 2 people to sit and no real towing ability.
I wouldn't even have to see a 2020 or later Gladiator - if I had never seen one, I'd assume it was a fairly capable truck. Had they called it a Scrambler, I would that thought "cute".
The gladiator isn’t exactly small either. I’ve looked it up before. The dimensions are almost exactly the same as the original gladiators. Same length and almost exactly the same width. Height is about the same too.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The gladiator isn’t exactly small either. I’ve looked it up before. The dimensions are almost exactly the same as the original gladiators. Same length and almost exactly the same width. Height is about the same too.
Yeah, they've been at AMC shows and events, have seen a few. Jeeps always welcome there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
The 3.0i is what I'm interested to see play out. Whether or not it gets added to the JT lineup remains to be seen.

I bought my JT because it looks like a Jeep, that is exactly what I wanted, and I like that it was planned that way and that there is so many interchangeable parts, that was excellent planning, IMO.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I think it was intentional to have the same JL front end. It attract Wrangler buyers, or people who like them and want/need a truck.
That describes me exactly. I had been wanting a Wrangler as a daily driver but I need to tow and/or carry a lot of stuff from time to time. Jeep knocked it out of the park for me with the Gladiator. Two years in and I still can't help stopping to look back at it when I'm walking from a parking lot into a building.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
That describes me exactly. I had been wanting a Wrangler as a daily driver but I need to tow and/or carry a lot of stuff from time to time. Jeep knocked it out of the park for me with the Gladiator. Two years in and I still can't help stopping to look back at it when I'm walking from a parking lot into a building.
Back when I used to sell luxury cars and someone was on the fence as far as pulling the trigger, I’d say basically that.

Honda and Toyota make great vehicles, but do you want something you look forward to driving everyday, something you turn around and look back at as you’re walking away after you park it? It’s so true.

It’s the same with my Gladiator. Hell sometimes I’ll see mine and think that’s a great looking gladiator before I realize it’s mine.