Can you negotiate on a used Jeep

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Haven't had to go to a dealership for over 10 years. Get my company vehicles through a fleet program through Enterprise.

Was hoping to get a Gladiator as a second vehicle for me and my kids. Kids and wife would rather have a JL or JK unlimited so will probably go that route and I'll get the Gladiator for myself when I get rid of my current vehicle.

Been looking at the 2016-2018 JL/JK in the sport and sahara models. Will dealerships negotiate on used vehicles or is the price listed pretty much what I'll end up paying?
Sponsored

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited, 2021 JTR Diesel (Ordered 7/11/20)
Occupation
Operations
Haven't had to go to a dealership for over 10 years. Get my company vehicles through a fleet program through Enterprise.

Was hoping to get a Gladiator as a second vehicle for me and my kids. Kids and wife would rather have a JL or JK unlimited so will probably go that route and I'll get the Gladiator for myself when I get rid of my current vehicle.

Been looking at the 2016-2018 JL/JK in the sport and sahara models. Will dealerships negotiate on used vehicles or is the price listed pretty much what I'll end up paying?
There’s probably some dealing to be done, but used vehicles are in short supply and demand is high right now. It’s crazy some of the values that dealers are giving on trade ins. So, they may not deal as much.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Absolutely you can negotiate. That is is have the fun of car shopping. It is us against them.

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Used Jeeps were crazy high (too high) over the summer. Ask me how I know. :) Sell prices may start to come down a bit as we move deeper into fall/ winter and people start looking more at Cherokee type SUV's.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Never buy a vehicle new or used for asking price. Always negotiable.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
More room in used. It's already been paid down some.

OP
OP
wchevron

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Hate to hijack my own thread but is there a way I can tell, by looking at it, if the TSB repair has been done? May go shopping today.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Hate to hijack my own thread but is there a way I can tell, by looking at it, if the TSB repair has been done? May go shopping today.
New box is steel vice aluminum

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
New box is steel vice aluminum
Yes, and I just picked mine up from getting the new box and I'm happy. It wasn't to the point of dangerous, but I did have to correct direction on the interstate more than I would like. Towing was worse. It used to be like a 70's buick but now it's more like a modern truck should be. Not sure how to tell if the TSB has been done, but maybe a dealership could tell you if you call and give the VIN.

Sponsored

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
Usually yes but right now it might depend what area your in. Some dealers are currently saying "take it or leave it" because of shortages. They offered me almost exactly what I paid for my truck during service visit. Its a year old with 12,000 miles. Think they were 500 dollars off.

Jeephead

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 Willy's CJ5, 2022 Willy's Gladiator diesel-pe
Occupation
ISP Engineer
We were looking at a 2022 Willy's Gladiator diesel. Took it for a spin and really liked it. Nicely optioned with brand new soft top in bed. $54,989 with 19,800 miles. Dealer said his "no deal price" was very competitive. We passed. Not trading anything.

coalcracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2007 2-door Wrangler X
You can negotiate on used Jeeps, but you probably won’t be getting a huge percentage off of the asking price like you can when you order new and use the affiliate code + incentives.

I bought my 2021 (used) earlier this year and negotiated about $3500 off of the price. But it was a 2-week process that involved me walking away the first time I saw the Gladiator, and going back the next week after talking with the e-mailing with the salesman a bit over the next few days.
Sponsored