Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We don't have dates of the vehicles affected here but I'm thinking that what I got 10-2020 was the same thing that others are receiving notice for now. I still have no active campaigns, recalls or alerts on mine. Since one of the vehicles impacted was also a November 2019 build like mine, it just makes sense - mine was already done a year ago.
Sponsored

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
Dealer just left me a message about Y68 Recall. Waiting for return call to see what’s up?! I’m only owner 2020 Galdiator Overland...hmmm

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer just left me a message about Y68 Recall. Waiting for return call to see what’s up?! I’m only owner 2020 Galdiator Overland...hmmm
Not sure what's meant by that - but several here who own 2020 Gladiators have received the carfax thing (which I suspect is as much marketing as it is doing you a favor) and several have received the cards direct from Jeep - which is normal.
Dealers in some cases may track what they've sold or serviced by VIN and get notices when anything they have sold or worked on has a campaign or a recall. This appears to be more of a campaign than anything - but is being called recall, perhaps because of the emissions connection.
If you got a call - I'd say it's perfectly normal since the dealer probably got notice of a list of VINs that need it. You do own a 2020 Gladiator so it makes sense.
In other words, IMO - nothing mysterious. Mine was flagged when they plugged it in to their system.

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Just got mine in the mail today. 2020 Overland with a 9/19 build date.

Mine likes to misfire at idle but without a code I haven't even bothered taking it to the dealer so maybe this will either provide an updated tune that will help that or let it throw a code so I can get it in.

Also, curious that the letterhead is FCA and not Stellantis.
Sponsored