Demo_slug

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
My gladiator made it to 606 miles before CEL came on. Lol I’ve driven a Toyota for the last ten years, don’t remember where I left my code reader.
Sponsored

Taumaz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Hi guys I am new here but still not an owner,

but I did read this thread a few days ago before going to the dealer for a test drive of a rubicon.
Sure enough both the cel and auto stop start light came on while I was driving the truck.

I really am not sure what to do now, I love the truck but need to see this issue resolved first.

should I just pass for now?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
The check engine light got me at 450 miles. I suspected the gas cap and the jeep dealer read my code and set me an appointment for next week. the code was an evac leak. So I guess we will see. It is a cheap ass gas cap! I might be upgrading this soon.

Hello wallacems8846,
If you would like any additional assistance while your truck is being serviced, please feel free to send us a PM.

Kathryn
JeepCares

My gladiator made it to 606 miles before CEL came on. Lol I’ve driven a Toyota for the last ten years, don’t remember where I left my code reader.
Hi Demo_slug,
We are sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this trouble- have you had this diagnosed yet by a dealer? Feel free to send us a PM with more details once you have a dealer look this over for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

wallacems8846

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
The check engine light got me at 450 miles. I suspected the gas cap and the jeep dealer read my code and set me an appointment for next week. the code was an evac leak. So I guess we will see. It is a cheap ass gas cap! I might be upgrading this soon.

UPDATE: DEALER FOUND THE ISSUE AND FIXED IT. IT WAS A PURGE CONTROL VALVE IN THE EVAC SYSTEM. THEY SAY IT IS A HIGH FAILURE RATE ITEM, BUT CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS CLEAR AND GOT THE JEEP BACK SO HAPPY CAMPER HERE.

newcajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hi all -
Just joined after coming over from the JL Forum...picked up a new JT Rubicon last week. My check engine light came on the very next day after taking ownership - the first morning, first start of the truck. What an introduction. @JeepCares Is this some sort of record? 8 total miles?

Sponsored

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all -
Just joined after coming over from the JL Forum...picked up a new JT Rubicon last week. My check engine light came on the very next day after taking ownership - the first morning, first start of the truck. What an introduction. @JeepCares Is this some sort of record? 8 total miles?
It must be the record, i had mine at 200miles with built date 12/19 on driver door.
what is your built date?

newcajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
It must be the record, i had mine at 200miles with built date 12/19 on driver door.
what is your built date?
Not the record I'm going for but the dealer I purchased through is great, so no worries on my end - just the hassle of working out the kinks of a new Jeep. Been there before, probably be there again. I'll check my build date as well. I'm curious.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi all -
@newcajun,
We are terribly sorry to hear this! If you need any additional support while your dealer works to resolve this for you, please feel free to send our team a private message.

what is your built date?
@jeepit
Please note that our team is always available to assist you alongside your servicing dealer. We are just a PM away!

Kathryn
JeepCares

Nada

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Retired
I have now had my Gladiator just over 1 week and today the check engine light came on. Called the dealership and they stated it would be 4-5 business days just for them to look at it. They also said that Jeep currently does not have any computer updates and if the engine was running fine I should keep driving it and bring it into the dealership in a couple of months after they get the new updates.

Has anyone else had their check engine light come on already?

What are your thoughts on the what the dealer told me?
purchased a 2020 gladiator Friday , SATURDAY AFTERNOON WITH LESS THAN 200 MILES DRIVEN CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON. SERVICE DEPARTMENT WAS CLOSED , GOT THE SALESMAN ON THE PHONE HE SAID HE HAD NEVER SEEN A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMING ON FOR NEW JEEP. HAVE TO TAKE IT TO DEALER MONDAY. WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES.

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
purchased a 2020 gladiator Friday , SATURDAY AFTERNOON WITH LESS THAN 200 MILES DRIVEN CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON. SERVICE DEPARTMENT WAS CLOSED , GOT THE SALESMAN ON THE PHONE HE SAID HE HAD NEVER SEEN A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMING ON FOR NEW JEEP. HAVE TO TAKE IT TO DEALER MONDAY. WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES.
what is the cel code, trim & bulilt date is urs?

mine is multiple cylinders miss fire p300 or something, rubicon 12/2019 bulit, remote start.
i suspect if it is trim or option specific.
obviously we all have same engine & auto start/stop crap.
i think auto start/stop is culprit & remote start may also be partly a factor to trigger miss fire while cranking up the engine.

most barebone sports don’t have remote start and i haven’t seen one having issue.

Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
what is the cel code, trim & bulilt date is urs?

mine is multiple cylinders miss fire p300 or something, rubicon 12/2019 bulit, remote start.
i suspect if it is trim or option specific.
obviously we all have same engine & auto start/stop crap.
i think auto start/stop is culprit & remote start may also be partly a factor to trigger miss fire while cranking up the engine.

most barebone sports don’t have remote start and i haven’t seen one having issue.
I believe its engine specific not trim specific. All Jt's come with auto start /stop. From what i have seen it can happen to every trim level. I have a survey post specifically for those with the P0300 code here. You can look thru it and post there if you have this problem

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S (STOCK) 2014 Jeep JK (NOT STOCK)
Occupation
Wouldn't you like to know.
Try this if you want to find the code without taking it anywhere

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Try this if you want to find the code without taking it anywhere

Does this work on newer models JL & JT? If so, you would need to pop open the actual start button and use the key. I've known about this for older models but did not know it works for newer models.

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Does this work on newer models JL & JT? If so, you would need to pop open the actual start button and use the key. I've known about this for older models but did not know it works for newer models.
So true, I keep forgetting it push to start, let me see how it is done on a push to start and send it

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So true, I keep forgetting it push to start, let me see how it is done on a push to start and send it
Wait you're telling me I can use the actual KEY INSTEAD OF THE PUSH START/STOP!
Sponsored