Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
Two weeks in with my 2.5" Overland Plus and Falcon SPC 3.3 on 37s. Lot's of driving around town and four hours of highway road trip and loving the ride ... now I need to get out on some trails!
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems DBOR_Fenders_3
Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey you wouldn’t happen to have any pictures of gladiators with the complete 1.5 kit yet would you?
Not yet! But we will have some info soon on these coils :like:

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Two weeks in with my 2.5" Overland Plus and Falcon SPC 3.3 on 37s. Lot's of driving around town and four hours of highway road trip and loving the ride ... now I need to get out on some trails!
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems patiently-waitin
Truck looks badass! Definitely post some trail shots when you get them!

2020Overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 JLUR Recon, 2013 JKR
We just purchased the 2.5" Overland Plus lift for our new to us Gladiator! Got the shocks on and probably doing the lift this week! We are making an Overland rig.....

Sponsored

D57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 2015 JK
Ordered and received the RR 2.5 lift yesterday. Install planned for Sat. I’ve already cut down my sway links and set the measurements for the track bars and UCA’s. This will be my 3rd or 4th lift done in my driveway with jack stands and a floor jack. I see the estimated time for install is around 6-8 hours…curious what others have experienced from a time standpoint.

I already installed the longer length Bilstien 5100’s a couple weeks ago just to get used to them, even though I’m on stock springs with 1.5” Tera up front and 3/4 daystar in the rear.

So I’m mentally prepared for the install…tools already laid out, links ready, etc. I said I was done doing driveway lifts (TJ, JK(s))but I guess I have one more in me.

Clayton seemed the best option with the front and rear track bars included as well as the adjustable UCA’s in front. Being a brand new to me JTR, I’m not sure I will see the hardcore stuff for a while as I got some great use with my JKUR I just traded in.

Anyway, one thing I’d like to add that does slightly bother me. The RR, especially early in this thread (I read it all), is marketed for those that aren’t really doing trails and just want bigger tires. I have put far less equipped lifts on other Jeeps (no adjustable CA’s, stock track bars or adj front and bracket on the rear, etc) and they went anywhere I wanted to go. Since the RR has these upgrades right out of the box, why is the kit being downplayed from a marketing standpoint? I think adding bump stops (I ordered the rear and have the fronts that came with my TF spacer kit), I think this is a really solid on and off road kit. Am I missing something? I mean the Jeep stock can do amazing things. They are very capable as is, so it just irked me a little from a marketing standpoint when the RR includes more than other so called complete kits on the market.

Long story short, I’m getting more with this “on road designed kit” than I had with my OME/ARB/etc. lift I had on my JKUR, and that Jeep was a beast. I get the marketing standpoint of the next level upgrades, but I don’t know…downgrading the RR to basically mall crawler status (over exaggerated) isn’t a good marketing strategy. Just my opinion..

Anyway, kit looks great and I’m excited to get the install underway!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ordered and received the RR 2.5 lift yesterday. Install planned for Sat. I’ve already cut down my sway links and set the measurements for the track bars and UCA’s. This will be my 3rd or 4th lift done in my driveway with jack stands and a floor jack. I see the estimated time for install is around 6-8 hours…curious what others have experienced from a time standpoint.

I already installed the longer length Bilstien 5100’s a couple weeks ago just to get used to them, even though I’m on stock springs with 1.5” Tera up front and 3/4 daystar in the rear.

So I’m mentally prepared for the install…tools already laid out, links ready, etc. I said I was done doing driveway lifts (TJ, JK(s))but I guess I have one more in me.

Clayton seemed the best option with the front and rear track bars included as well as the adjustable UCA’s in front. Being a brand new to me JTR, I’m not sure I will see the hardcore stuff for a while as I got some great use with my JKUR I just traded in.

Anyway, one thing I’d like to add that does slightly bother me. The RR, especially early in this thread (I read it all), is marketed for those that aren’t really doing trails and just want bigger tires. I have put far less equipped lifts on other Jeeps (no adjustable CA’s, stock track bars or adj front and bracket on the rear, etc) and they went anywhere I wanted to go. Since the RR has these upgrades right out of the box, why is the kit being downplayed from a marketing standpoint? I think adding bump stops (I ordered the rear and have the fronts that came with my TF spacer kit), I think this is a really solid on and off road kit. Am I missing something? I mean the Jeep stock can do amazing things. They are very capable as is, so it just irked me a little from a marketing standpoint when the RR includes more than other so called complete kits on the market.

Long story short, I’m getting more with this “on road designed kit” than I had with my OME/ARB/etc. lift I had on my JKUR, and that Jeep was a beast. I get the marketing standpoint of the next level upgrades, but I don’t know…downgrading the RR to basically mall crawler status (over exaggerated) isn’t a good marketing strategy. Just my opinion..

Anyway, kit looks great and I’m excited to get the install underway!
Hey there! Definitely post some photos once you get the kit installed :like:

The Ride Right is of course very capable off-road as it is a more complete entry-level kit than most other options on the market, and the only addition we recommend adding is the bump stop extensions if you plan on using it for this purpose. The main reason this kit is not designed as our ultimate off-road style lift is due to the lack of all 8 control arms. The factory bushings are fine off-road at factory height, but as you start to lift the vehicle and add more strain on the bushings they begin to wear out a lot quicker. Also, not having the lower adjustable control arms will mean the wheelbase is not properly centered which will cost you some flex as you are more likely to rub the fender, and the rear upper arms will help to correct your pinion angle.

The Ride Right kit is a great option for guys looking for the best entry-level option on the market, but of course a complete system like the Overland Plus kit is going to have advantages on and off-road due to better geometry and better bushings. Hope this helps to clear up any confusion!

D57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 2015 JK
Thanks for that clarification. I will do the remaining 6 control arms eventually. I am adding bump stops tomorrow in my install. Only issue so far has been the threads on one of the front sway links. The jam nut will not move past a certain point, so it looks like I’m going to roll with just under 9” in length on those. I know it’s supposed to be 8.063”, but I can’t get there on one side.

One question…running the plastic bumper but have a steel winch mount platform and a Warn xd9000i with synthetic up front. Rear I have a Westin half height rack, hi lift, and occasionally my Tupei Kukeman RTT. Should I add .5 or 1” spacer up front, or will I be sitting good as is? I would like 3/4” or so rake. Trying to avoid extra work if possible and do it right the first time!

D57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 2015 JK
Did the RR 2.5 install yesterday. So sore today I can barely move lol. Rolling on the concrete, torquing control arms, etc…rough but satisfying. Everything worked out well and I took my time to make sure everything was right. I thought squeezing the coils in was going to be the biggest challenge but actually, they went in fairly easy. Turns out, following instructions (loosening control arms, etc) worked out better than when I put on the spacers a few weeks ago without loosening anything. Anyway, looks like a Gladiator should and drives great! Love the fact you get the measurements from Clayton on the arms and track bars so it’s basically bolting parts in. No need for an alignment check…it drives better than it did before the lift.

My only slight complaint are the sway links. Seem overly complicated (cutting, trying to torque with the Allen wrench, etc). I guess the JK spoiled me with puttting the rears up front and buying longer ones for the back.

Measurements show near identical lengths front and back from the ground to the lowest part of the flares. I have the Rubicon, so I know it’s not level which is ideal for me. It has a perfect rake IMO and I am glad I didn’t add a spacer to the front. I just ran with the coils as is.

Overall, very happy and very sore! Total transformation. Now I wish I would have sprang for the 37’s, but the 35’s look great as well. Will complete the control arms eventually.

Some quick pics

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems 28B055C3-C10D-41E2-B2A1-0A80BD888C67
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems 63892A0A-4E8A-487F-B120-4109CF094736
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems 1AF4DFFA-59A6-43C7-9559-93A1976B402A

Sponsored

Waggs

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1967 Kaiser Jeepster
Occupation
Software Developer
2.5" Clayton Overland Plus on a JTRD on Chinaman Gulch, Buena Vista, CO 😁 😎

(edit - on level ground, there is 8" between the top of the 37" tire and the Granite Series™ Front Fender Flare. I suspect the flare is doing most of the bump stopping. )

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems 1683026673298

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems Memorial Day 2023

Memorial Day Sale is now live through the 31st!

All Performance Packages (Lift, shocks, steering packages) are now 15% off up to $996 in savings!

Everything else, including all lift kits, driveshafts, axle shafts, shocks, steering and more is 10% off when you use code
USA at checkout!

We hope everybody has an awesome long weekend, please feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email if you have any questions!

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/

MrClortho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I quick comment: I installed the Clayton 3.5" Overland kit with Fox 2.0s. We did our first "weekend overlanding" trip on the lift and 37s. It consisted of at least 400lbs of gear in the bed and towing a 3,500lb travel trailer with about 400lbs of tongue weight. I have airbags installed from the stock springs and kept them just in case.

I elected not to inflate the air bags to see how the springs and lift would take the load (no weight distribution hitch either). The JT sat level despite all the weight and no air in the bags and towed my trailer with total control. I don't even need the airbags anymore.

It is also impressive how the rear can take so much weight yet ride as good or better than stock.

I am a believer in this kit.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I quick comment: I installed the Clayton 3.5" Overland kit with Fox 2.0s. We did our first "weekend overlanding" trip on the lift and 37s. It consisted of at least 400lbs of gear in the bed and towing a 3,500lb travel trailer with about 400lbs of tongue weight. I have airbags installed from the stock springs and kept them just in case.

I elected not to inflate the air bags to see how the springs and lift would take the load (no weight distribution hitch either). The JT sat level despite all the weight and no air in the bags and towed my trailer with total control. I don't even need the airbags anymore.

It is also impressive how the rear can take so much weight yet ride as good or better than stock.

I am a believer in this kit.
Awesome! Let's check out some pictures when you get them!

MrClortho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer