Cloth Seats vs. Leather Seats Package

lkosh

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I’m planning on placing an order within a couple of days for a new Gladiator and stuck on this option… I think I’ve found that if I order cloth seats the door panels (or maybe just the arm rests) and dash are not covered in leather and just come as plastic.

My question is, does the material the door panels/arm rests come in with the cloth seats feel like a cheap plastic? Does anyone wish they had gotten leather instead because of this? Anyone have some pictures of their cloth package?

Are the door panels the same between the two packages except for the arm rests being leather?
Sponsored

rraya10

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Oil Worker
I’m planning on placing an order within a couple of days for a new Gladiator and stuck on this option… I think I’ve found that if I order cloth seats the door panels (or maybe just the arm rests) and dash are not covered in leather and just come as plastic.

My question is, does the material the door panels/arm rests come in with the cloth seats feel like a cheap plastic? Does anyone wish they had gotten leather instead because of this? Anyone have some pictures of their cloth package?

Are the door panels the same between the two packages except for the arm rests being leather?
What trim are you looking at getting? I have a Mojave and went with cloth seats. As someone who lives in Los Angeles and likes taking the tops off often, the leather seemed like a bad fit. Cloth is nice and, at least in the Mojave, you still get leather throughout the cabin. Go on the jeep website and play with the configuration. It gives you a 360 view of the cabin and should give you an idea of what comes leather wrapped on the various trims with leather/no leather.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have the cloth seats and love them. After having leather in my past several cars and SUV's I was sick of it. It's cold in winter and hot in summer, and if you keep it a long time then it starts cracking and looking horrible. Cloth feels better to me, doesn't get hot or cold so no need for heat or cooling, and it looks great after years of use.

And to answer your question: If you're of the mindset that only leather will do, then you may wish you'd gone that way, but I think the vinyl door arm rests are fine. They don't look or feel cheaply made to me at all.

DREDnot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2012 Chevy Caprice PPV, 1998 M1123
Occupation
Centurion, Earth Occupation Forces
get the leather...you wont regret it.
I dont mind the plastic armrests in my mojave but the cloth seats are the worst. I always believed the myth about leather seats being hot and sweaty... but after having the leather seats in my Liberty I have seen the light. So much easier to get into a comfortable seating position when the leather lets you slide without clinging to your clothing like velcro and twisting your shirt around you and causing discomfort. The perforated leather my liberty had was breathable and cooled off sooner and was way easier to clean. As soon as I can afford katzkins Im tossing this horrible "trailcloth" stuff in the trash. Hated the cloth in my 07 dodge megacab for the same reason.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Had leather in my 2020 Rubicon and now have cloth in my 2021 Willys. In my opinion for me, leather edges out the cloth seats. Leather just seemed way easier keep clean. With cloth and having a dog, I got dog hair sticking to the cloth all the time.

Also noticed the center console arm rest top on the leather had a slight better padding than the vinyl cover they use for the cloth seat models.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I had cloth in my 15 willys. I bought a whole katskinz kit on eBay for 500 and learned how to change the interior. Hogging pliers and rings. I got an Overland that already had leather. Easier to clean and yes, its hot in the summer and cold in the winter when you first get in. It evens out pretty quick. Love the leather.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Had cloth on my 2019 Wrangler Rubicon and now have leather on my Mojave gladiator. Did not care for the Rubicon cloth, seemed durable but got dirty easy and never really looked clean.

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I used to dislike leather but have since changed. Cloth always seems to get dirty and can be difficult to clean. Heated seats help in the cold and the JT heated seats are the best I've experienced over quite a few vehicles.

Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Depends on where you live. I put Katzkin leather seats in my 2014 JKU and it was the worst mod I've ever done. The heat and humidity in Houston made the seats extremely uncomfortable with the freedom panels off. I could have put that money to better use. As Rraya10 said your location will be the determining factor. This is my fourth Jeep and I actually find the cloth seats easy to take care of, so to me I would choose cloth.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Black seats will get hot, leather or cloth...One of the main reasons I ordered the Mojave besides all the other great attributes cause I was able to get a light colored interior, the Steel Gray which comes inlether only 2022. I didn't care much if it was leather OR cloth, in a truck either will work for me, the important thing was that it was a light color which will stay cooler.

Wierd that very, very, few mid size trucks across the manufacturer spectrum offer a light colored interior, usually only black or charcole. Cheeper that way of course (1 size fits all).

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Go look at a sport interior vs other builds. To me there was a HUGE difference in dash and other trim on say the sport vs an Overland. Definitely worth the $800-1200 upgrade. It will significantly effect resale also.

OP
OP
lkosh

lkosh

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
What trim are you looking at getting? I have a Mojave and went with cloth seats. As someone who lives in Los Angeles and likes taking the tops off often, the leather seemed like a bad fit. Cloth is nice and, at least in the Mojave, you still get leather throughout the cabin. Go on the jeep website and play with the configuration. It gives you a 360 view of the cabin and should give you an idea of what comes leather wrapped on the various trims with leather/no leather.
I'm looking at getting the Rubicon trim and also leaning towards the cloth seats since I live in Denver and the summers are pretty warm here usually. Just didn't know if the vinyl arm rests seemed/felt cheap compared to the leather ones.

I have the cloth seats and love them. After having leather in my past several cars and SUV's I was sick of it. It's cold in winter and hot in summer, and if you keep it a long time then it starts cracking and looking horrible. Cloth feels better to me, doesn't get hot or cold so no need for heat or cooling, and it looks great after years of use.

And to answer your question: If you're of the mindset that only leather will do, then you may wish you'd gone that way, but I think the vinyl door arm rests are fine. They don't look or feel cheaply made to me at all.
Thanks! I'm not so much worried about the cloth material itself on the seats, was just curious if the interior of the Gladiator felt cheap with the "extra" leather bits missing (arm rests, center console cover, dash cover, etc).

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I’ll never go back to leather….it gets hot and ages like shit unless you treat it like royalty. I don’t even touch my woman the way leather needs to be touched.

The cloth in both my old Charger and this Gladiator are really great. If you have kids or a dog, just grab some seat covers and you’ll be fine.

My door armrest and center armrest is soft touch, not plastic. The dash is cheap plastic.

‘21 Sport S
Sponsored