Clutch Recall... Wait... no recall????

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
After receiving notices that my Gladiator Rubicon had a recall on the Clutch, I am being told that there are no clutch recalls for my Gladiator Rubicon. How can this be? Nobody has performed any service on this recall? And No Clutch inspections....

Sal
Sponsored

OP
OP
Salmanilla

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Apparently they performed the service recall without asking me. Can the Dealership do that?

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
Apparently they performed the service recall without asking me. Can the Dealership do that?
Likely done before it was "yours" and still on the lot. I don't know the law on selling a vehicle with an open recall, but I'm sure it's frowned upon.

OP
OP
Salmanilla

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
No... I bought it new in 10/2019... service was performed in 12/2020. I went in for an oil change. Nobody mentioned any other service.
Sal

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
After receiving notices that my Gladiator Rubicon had a recall on the Clutch, I am being told that there are no clutch recalls for my Gladiator Rubicon. How can this be? Nobody has performed any service on this recall? And No Clutch inspections....

Sal
If you would like us to look into this for you, feel free to send us a private message with your VIN.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
No... I bought it new in 10/2019... service was performed in 12/2020. I went in for an oil change. Nobody mentioned any other service.
Sal
Should have been noted on your paperwork if they did it...

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Interestingly, the NHTSA website shows a clutch recall issued on January 28, 2021 in addition to the March 3, 2020 recall.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I am pretty sure the write up ticket system the dealers use when you take it in, automatically checks for open recalls.

Since recalls are most time safety issues driven and tracked by the NHTSA, they really do not have to ask your permission beforehand to do the work, especially if it is just an inspection and no parts involved.

I have heard of instances where people tell a dealership to specifically not do a recall and either the dealership has the owner sign a waiver to that affect and/or just refuse to perform any other maintenance warranty or paid until the owner agrees to having recall work performed.

I am sure there is also compliance metrics a dealership is measured on for vehicles coming in and recalls addressed then.

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette

Sal
If you have a manual transmission, there was a recall. However, yours may have been fixed or produced after the recall, in which case there may be no outstanding recalls for yours right now.

But wait until March. I'm confident you'll get the new one that is on the way and appears to be for ALL manual transmissions in the JL and JT.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Interestingly, the NHTSA website shows a clutch recall issued on January 28, 2021 in addition to the March 3, 2020 recall.
What?!

Edit....I just entered my VIN and mine is affected....Ordered on 10/1/2020 took delivery just before Christmas...

Jeep Gladiator Clutch Recall...  Wait... no recall???? 196E09B5-8C54-4739-94F6-6B1CD71A74AB

“FCA will...add software to reduce engine torque capability when clutch assembly temperatures rise to a level that may damage the inner pressure plate.”

Thats some fucking BULLSHIT! Put in a pressure plate that can handle the heat!! WTF?! I’m pissed...

Last edited:

BackcountryNV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Ecommerce
Yeah I get a recall, things happen, but reducing power as a fix is utter BS. This is my first Jeep, if this is how FCA does business might be my last.
Sponsored