Not open for further replies.

nerdridesbikes

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado
Question is who would they go to? Army/marines will have the new JLTV, Air Force and navy don’t need them. There’s a fedbizops RFP for a light truck that can have transforming exterior, this won’t qualify. So not military. And most military would use the diesel (j8 was it called?)

60,000 is a huge amount. Would have to be CBP but I doubt they’d be placing orders that big in the current climate.

Most govt orders have a much lower marginal profit, so not likely they would push them ahead of any orders.

I definitely could see interest from multiple govt entities but not to the point of dropping the cash for 60k of them right out of the box.

I don’t know the reputation or Mr Engineline, but it doesn’t seem like a likely thing.

OP
OP

JL-Engineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none. I just build them
The government would only order 2 doors.
while I am skeptical @JL-Engineline, i'll wait to see what happens and apologize if you're right. lol
Hey im skeptical too, but don't be skeptical of me. I update JL forums regularly and I always let people know if it's a Rumor or Not. Just a few weeks ago I let everyone know when the 1st Bikini paint color went down the line

OP
OP

JL-Engineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none. I just build them
Also production hasn't begun yet. all JT employess were called back this past Monday for training. Launch should be starting very soon.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Hey im skeptical too, but don't be skeptical of me. I update JL forums regularly and I always let people know if it's a Rumor or Not. Just a few weeks ago I let everyone know when the 1st Bikini paint color went down the line
alright, fair enough, just having a little fun.
Welcome aboard!

i'll have to check out this bikini paint, sounds sexy.

OP
OP

JL-Engineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none. I just build them

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
I'm not stirring the pot, that is just what I heard from a Union rep at my Job.
Hopefully they're going to be granting a ton of OT & extra pay so the proverbial snake can swallow that ostrich egg!!

It wouldn't surprise me if the Trump administration is rewarding biz to companies that are investing in America vs those who aren't (looking at you Ford/GM). In light of FCA's $4.5bil investment in Ohio.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Question is who would they go to? Army/marines will have the new JLTV, Air Force and navy don’t need them. There’s a fedbizops RFP for a light truck that can have transforming exterior, this won’t qualify. So not military. And most military would use the diesel (j8 was it called?)

60,000 is a huge amount. Would have to be CBP but I doubt they’d be placing orders that big in the current climate.

Most govt orders have a much lower marginal profit, so not likely they would push them ahead of any orders.

I definitely could see interest from multiple govt entities but not to the point of dropping the cash for 60k of them right out of the box.

I don’t know the reputation or Mr Engineline, but it doesn’t seem like a likely thing.
My guess would be Forest Service and Border Patrol.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
JLengineline is legit.

I'm skeptical of this rumor though.
This will end as many of the rumors here about pricing dates and other info given by uninformed dealer.

Bad information passed down the grape vine puked up on this forum.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
JLengineline is legit.

I'm skeptical of this rumor though.
I agree Jeepers.

I haven’t been nearly as active on the JL side, but I have caught a post or 2 from JLengineline and from what I could tell I think he is for real.

Still 60k is almost all of the planned production for the year. If true maybe they can hire for the B and C shifts to crank up capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.