Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

JL-Engineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none. I just build them
Someone needs to edit the title of, or delete this thread entirely. It now serves no purpose other than to confuse people when the (potential) truth gets buried on page 6...
I do apologize, I should have waited until I could confirm it.
Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
if FCA owes Uncle Sam still for the bailout, wouldn't they want the public to spend all their money first to FCA so they can pay them back faster?
FCA paid back their loan YEARS ago. Pretty sure that was within the first 24 months of the Fiat purchase. GM still owes, As far as I know. Ford is probably still paying back the private mortgages they took out before the bailout and did not have to pay back the government grants they received, I believe, because they were “green money”....used for updating factories to environmentally friendly standards

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I am a veteran and I can say with confidence that the US Military has no use for a Gladiator. If it is just for general purpose road use it’s capabilities are irrelevant. It cannot be a tactical vehicle for many reason, the most obvious is it’s lack of armor. The IED threat is what led to the downfall of the HMMWV and the rise of the MRAP. The other thing that eliminates it from being any sort of tactical vehicle is that it only burns gasoline right now. To eliminate the need to deliver multiple types of fuel all tactical vehicles burn the same fuel...diesel.

On another not the border patrol does not just patrol the border. They have multiple outposts throughout the entire southwest. Just take a short drive from Elpaso in any direction and you’ll encounter many border patrol vehicles and inspection stations. Isn’t the President requesting to hire thousands of new USBP agents?

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Psh....I appreciate being informed. To be honest, I’m surprised nobody brought up the long game: 60,000 government used Gladiators hitting the used market in a few years! 7k is maybe better, in that they won’t have quite so significant an impact on resale values. A pair of those could be perfect for my boys, about 10 years down the road...

Sponsored

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Maybe the government is the reason we are getting a Gladiator in the first place? Who knows what goes on behind the scenes? Big business along with big money can just about make whatever they want happen. Its sad but true! I would love to believe that Jeep built this for us" The Enthusiast " but who knows. We have been asking for this truck for a long time, they finally build it, are taking forever to release it, all of a sudden the government has a order for thousands of em and they get theirs first? WTF

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I am a veteran and I can say with confidence that the US Military has no use for a Gladiator.
I agree. However, Banks Engineering does happen to sell an improved version of the same 3.0L diesel that will eventually be sold in the Gladiator - that engine is called the 630T, they build them for the military market/contractors not sure exactly what vehicles they put them in tho :captain:
I wanted to put one in my Scrambler (they are for sale to the public) But could not figure out a way to put a manual transmission behind it. Well, that and the $$$ pricetag :(

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
The government had the vehicle program CUCV. They were military vehicles with the purpose of light duty, non tactical and combat purposes (basically a vehicle for the base). They were based an civillian Chevys andand a 6.2 l diesel that had better fuel economy than a humvee. Over a period of the first 3 years they bought 70,000 of them. Ever since the program ended in the early 2000s it seems that military just uses plain old civillian trucks.
It could be possible they are starting a similar program with jeep?
Here are some CUCV pics:
280px-Chevrolet_Blazer_1009_(1984)_owned_by_Marcel_Brunner_pic2.JPG
chevrolet-blazer-6-2-diesel-orig-us-army-8775.jpg
300px-Unloading_a_CUCV_vehicle_and_a_trailer_from_a_C-130H_Hercules.jpg

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Yeah, the big problem with the MRAP is that it’s...well...big. Great for IED locations, but inefficient and hard to utilize in tight quarters or as a simple domestic daily driver. Rumors circulated years ago that the J8 (militarized, diesel powered, Egypt built, version of the Jk) was going to be purchased in large numbers by the US Military as a literal re-imbodiment of the old GP and M151. Even the JLTV, I believe is too large for some applications.

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Trailhawk, 2017 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A
The USG wastes tax-paid dollars like it's going out of style. I hardly care that they might want to purchase some JTs. If it happens, the JTs won't be replacing anything tactical. They would become work-mules.

What I am interested in, is the paint code/spec that would be used on the Govt JTs!

Sponsored

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
I've been following you on JL Forums for a while now, you're a great resource to have!

I LOVE how you were literally begged to come over here and keep the JT people informed, even though you wanted to keep the info on the JL site, and most of your responses have been calling you a troll, questioning your legitimacy, conspiring about your intentions, etc. If I were you, I would've bailed after the first page of Troll comments and said F-it. Good for you to put up with it and continuing to try to help!

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Even the JLTV, I believe is too large for some applications.
Yep, the Humvee was too big for some applications that is why the CUCVs existed.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What I am interested in, is the paint code/spec that would be used on the Govt JTs!
I am hoping for bad ass camo.

Status
Not open for further replies.