spartacus777

spartacus777

First Name
Noch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator, maserati, tesla
Update... for those running a sport with 37 and raised, definitely regearing makes a huge difference and brings the truck back to great running condition. Prior to doing it it was slow and gears not changing correctly .. 8th gear was like a slug. Now it is running great so if you are in such a position, I recommend it.
Oh and also we did. 4.88
Sponsored

hosejockey61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000ish TJ, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Update... for those running a sport with 37 and raised, definitely regearing makes a huge difference and brings the truck back to great running condition. Prior to doing it it was slow and gears not changing correctly .. 8th gear was like a slug. Now it is running great so if you are in such a position, I recommend it.
What ratio did you go with?

Edit: nevermind I see now

Sponsored

Fight On

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Hellcat Challenger, 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
Logistics
Spartacus your set up is just awesome! Congrats !

One last question on this why 4.88 and not 5.13 ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Spartacus your set up is just awesome! Congrats !

One last question on this why 4.88 and not 5.13 ?
If you have a Rubicon, it came stock with 4.10 gears and 33” tires. Moving to a 37” tire, a 4.56 gear will net you stock performance. So, 4.88 is already going deeper than stock performance, so IMO, a 5.13 for a daily-driver/tow vehicle that will be on the highway is overkill with the 8-speed auto. Just personal opinion.

For an off-road or trail machine only, I’d say 5.13’s would better.

Fight On

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Hellcat Challenger, 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
Logistics
If you have a Rubicon, it came stock with 4.10 gears and 33” tires. Moving to a 37” tire, a 4.56 gear will net you stock performance. So, 4.88 is already going deeper than stock performance, so IMO, a 5.13 for a daily-driver/tow vehicle that will be on the highway is overkill with the 8-speed auto. Just personal opinion.

For an off-road or trail machine only, I’d say 5.13’s would better.
Makes sense. Thanks Mud

Sponsored

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I just put 37s and a 3.5” lift on my Overland with 3.73 gears. I’m going to regear soon, but I’m really up in the air between 4.56 and 4.88.

I live near the coast where everything is flat. I plan to pull a small boat or jet ski occasionally, and I make 2-3 trips to the mountains every year.

Decisions, decisions...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just put 37s and a 3.5” lift on my Overland with 3.73 gears. I’m going to regear soon, but I’m really up in the air between 4.56 and 4.88.

I live near the coast where everything is flat. I plan to pull a small boat or jet ski occasionally, and I make 2-3 trips to the mountains every year.

Decisions, decisions...
Most folks seem to really be happy with the 4.88’s with 37’s & the 8-speed Auto, but the 4.56’s would be noticeably better than the stock 3.73’s.

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Good information in this thread. A regear is a tough topic. So many opinions and now the new 8 speed makes things even more interesting.

I came here not for the gearing but to share your enthusiasm with the regear. Nice Jeep 777.
Also I can attest that I bought Gears from East Coast Gear Supply 2 months ago for 820 dollars front and rear spicer 4.88 with install kits. So your labor was about 1600 dollars.
I went back a month later and bought an ARB air locker for the front and the big arb pump too.
This month I bought a 35 spline rear axle shaft kit, and arb 35 spline locker for the rear.

All that said, east coast gear supply has been my drug dealer, and my drug of choice is lockers, gears and axle shafts.

Lockers before Light bars lol

Last edited:

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
So, I’ve been calling around. Locally, most shops are charging around $1800-$2000.

I just got off the phone with an off-road shop that quoted $2000-$2500, depending on which brand of gears I decided to go with. I thought that was a little high. Then he hit me with “per axle.” I couldn’t get off the phone fast enough.

If anyone in eastern or central N.C. finds a good shop with reasonable prices, tag me.
Sponsored