Ayrula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Sales
Hello All,
I just had the dealership install the Mopar 2” lift with fox shocks 2 days after I purchased it. I didn’t realize until I got home that I wasn’t given the Jeep wooden crate Back with the factory Parts taken off. Is this pretty standard? I figured I get feedback on your experiences before calling them. Your feedback a appreciated.
Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
No, you,should,have got the crate and takeoff parts back. I had my rear springs/shocks replaced and got the originals back from the dealer.
cheers

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Hello All,
I just had the dealership install the Mopar 2” lift with fox shocks 2 days after I purchased it. I didn’t realize until I got home that I wasn’t given the Jeep wooden crate Back with the factory Parts taken off. Is this pretty standard? I figured I get feedback on your experiences before calling them. Your feedback a appreciated.
The Jeep crate is the best part to take home! As well yes, as mentioned the factory parts were purchased and are yours. If they’re Rubicon takeoffs there’s a market for those to resell.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
This is a very sore subject. I had a local dealer in Roswell install my lift before I picked up my JTR. When I picked it up, no Rubi take off Parts or crate. It was a Saturday and the sales guy said they threw them away as that is standard practice (I call BS). And service was closed so I would have to call back on Monday. I suggested they call me since them took my parts that I specifically said I wanted, including the crate, when I asked them to install the lift. No call on Monday, so I call and ended up raising hell as they tried to point fingers including at me! Finally got the GM on the phone who apologized and said they would give me the parts off the next one they did. I said they better be brand new. Never heard from them. Called and left messages, no response. Then COVID hit and they were shut down for a while and then I got very busy. Still don’t have my parts, but I will get them.

Best of luck, OP!

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
This is a very sore subject. I had a local dealer in Roswell install my lift before I picked up my JTR. When I picked it up, no Rubi take off Parts or crate. It was a Saturday and the sales guy said they threw them away as that is standard practice (I call BS). And service was closed so I would have to call back on Monday. I suggested they call me since them took my parts that I specifically said I wanted, including the crate, when I asked them to install the lift. No call on Monday, so I call and ended up raising hell as they tried to point fingers including at me! Finally got the GM on the phone who apologized and said they would give me the parts off the next one they did. I said they better be brand new. Never heard from them. Called and left messages, no response. Then COVID hit and they were shut down for a while and then I got very busy. Still don’t have my parts, but I will get them.

Best of luck, OP!
You know they are either on an employees Jeep or were sold out the back door. Not a chance they were thrown away. The crate is adorning someone’s man cave. That dealership is full of it.

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT
If they kept your parts, the new lift should have been priced less your originals.

Yossarian

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
They were your parts that came on the Jeep when you bought it. The dealership is basically stealing from you by retaining or profiting from those take off parts, that you owned. At the very least the dealership should have asked how you wanted to dispose of the parts.

Rockchucker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT JKU
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer put lift and rims an tires on when I got there to pick it up everything was in the bed of the JT

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
And if you don't want the crate, please let me know........

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Best of luck, OP!
They owe you one way or another. Those are your parts, and I bet the price of parts and install did not clearly say "based on dealer retaining removed parts".
Check any place you buy some items, batteries, for example (different but still the same)
They would not throw away parts that in a year would bring money, if not now. I paid for take-offs - shocks, springs, etc. - they have value and the dealers know that.
About the only time they get to keep parts is if it's spelled out - or in the case of TSB, recall or warranty replacements and then the factory will specify to the dealer to return the parts or dispose of them - it's clearly stated between factory and dealer on even those parts. I have the paperwork in my shop from years past showing where it's laid out from the factory.
This is a case of customer wanting parts swapped.
I've even had tire shops ask if I wanted the tire back - or wanted to pay a disposal fee (in the case of tires 7 years old or older)

So if they give you parts off the next one they do - the next guy is screwed! LOL - love it, we'll rob Peter to pay Mark! What fools they are. That chain could go on forever.

I have max tow springs on the back, Rubicon springs on the front, and Fox Rubicon take-off shocks all around. And if I could have gotten the crate, I'd have bought that, too! There is value!
I have a Jeep water jug/cooler, banners, dealer signs and other fun stuff in my shop - oh, to have a Jeep crate!

STLMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 20 JLU, 900whp C6
I purchased Rubicon suspension off of Craigslist last weekend. After he had my money and I had the parts I asked him how he liked his Gladiator. He said he didn't have one, he just does the lifts for the service department. He keeps what he can and sells the stuff on the side.

OP
OP

Irulea2

First Name
Ayrula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Sales
I’m going to call them first thing tomorrow am. I’m getting my brand new pets and crate one way or another. Stealerships are all the same.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased Rubicon suspension off of Craigslist last weekend. After he had my money and I had the parts I asked him how he liked his Gladiator. He said he didn't have one, he just does the lifts for the service department. He keeps what he can and sells the stuff on the side.
Too much of that goes on - often sanctioned by the dealership itself.
I caught an IT employee selling hard drives on eBay - she had a story as far as where they came from but both the boss and I thought it looked awfully fishy. Could never prove anything..... and we watched her really close on any support run involving parts swaps.
(she was also cheating on mileage, luch breaks that took 90 minutes and oh, her favorite eating place was clear across Cedar Rapids, not a small farm town. - she later left, I suppose worried the jig was up)

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
What!!!!????? That’s insane! Well...obviously this while maybe not as common as we may instinctively believe, the fact that someone feels ok admitting to it means it’s likely happening more often than we also are aware of.
Sponsored