Sponsored

Dealers don't have loaners??

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Stopped by my local dealer to make an appointment for my surging idle issue. Was told that they don't have any loaners available. They said it was because of the vehicle inventory shortage. I understand that the shortage is real. But to not have one single loaner available??

Anyone run across this at their dealer?
Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Sorry about that, mine did have one. But I bought it with 2000 miles on it.

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Stopped by my local dealer to make an appointment for my surging idle issue. Was told that they don't have any loaners available. They said it was because of the vehicle inventory shortage. I understand that the shortage is real. But to not have one single loaner available??

My local dealer is the same way. They rely on outside rental companies and even then they only offer them for people who’s vehicles are un-drivable. Jeep Wave be damned I guess.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
My dealership doesn't even offer loaners. They have an Enterprise Rental counter right in the Service lobby.

Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
My dealer put their loaners into inventory so they would have something to sell.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Same for me. Guess its the same story across the country.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
The last dealer I had to use (via Jeep Cares) did not have loaners but do have rentals on site. (Jeep was paying for it since it was warranty work.) However, I had to wait 4 weeks to get an appointment because all the rentals were out being used.

When I later needed a rental because my truck was totaled at the dealership, the local Enterprise had no rentals and had to put you on a list for when one became available.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
The extended warranty covers for a rental. It's funny because if you have warranty work done the dealer drives you to the rental agency and they tell you they always try to put you in the same make of vehicle per dealer's preference. So they will pay for a rental through your warranty and bitch if the rental agency doesn't put you in a Jeep or even some other make of Chrysler but not offer loaners. It's stupid IMO.

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S

Sorry...slightly off topic...but talk to me about that surging idle issue.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
None here either. They sent us to enterprise, who also didn't have any cars. Apparently they sold most of their fleet, and the dealers sold most of their loaners.

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
Dealers have a certain amount of their own vehicles available as loaners and when they run out they run out. If they can get the manufacturer to cover the cost of a loaner while they repair your vehicle they will. If they can't get it covered you're on your own sadly. I've seen rental cost on vehicles on my lot that pushed the value of the vehicle in some cases so they can't take that financial burden if they can't get it covered.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Depends on the dealer, work being done, lead time for the appointment, service contract, and how loud you bark if you don’t get your way. If all loaners are out, ask for a used vehicle to test drive and don’t bring it back until yours is ready….lol.
Sponsored