Sponsored

Dealership said NO to recalibrating to 37s? How is it typically done?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
The tazer does show all of that information, but you can't print it (I don't think). it shows up in the center stack. However, that's not app specific. Any Bluetooth reader will show that. I used to use the torque and carista on my VW. No reason it won't work on the jeep too. Tire size changes aside, the best thing about the tazer is the off-road functions. It's like an extension of off-road+ on Rubicons and Mojave (and of course, it adds them if you don't have Rubicon on Mojave, all displaying in the gauge cluster). Lock both diffs in high swaybar disconnect in high, etc. And like the jscan, you don't have to leave it plugged in. That's only for the live functions. I don't plug mine in any more unless I'm off-road, because I hate the license plate light blanking, which is a live feature you can't turn off, and I hate the light show, which I've accidentally enabled before.
So I see today that you can indeed print and datalog with the tazer. You need a laptop though.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So I see today that you can indeed print and datalog with the tazer. You need a laptop though.
Good. Another point for their programmers.
Why not? It has full access and then some. Seems like it would be not that hard for them to handle.

Question - can you interface tazer with another device like a tablet or laptop - maybe via BT or wifi?
Having to have another device isn't a big issue for most people - just the ability to log, freeze-frame and so on is a big deal, IMO.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Good. Another point for their programmers.
Why not? It has full access and then some. Seems like it would be not that hard for them to handle.

Question - can you interface tazer with another device like a tablet or laptop - maybe via BT or wifi?
Having to have another device isn't a big issue for most people - just the ability to log, freeze-frame and so on is a big deal, IMO.
Yes, but not through Bluetooth or Wifi, just USB. I don't think it has a Bluetooth radio.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but not through Bluetooth or Wifi, just USB. I don't think it has a Bluetooth radio.
USB is fine. And better, IMO. That makes it pretty flexible.

hess75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
It's interesting that some dealership shops handle things in-house and others do not. The dealer I bought my truck through said if I wanted different rims, different tires, lift, that sort of thing, they referred me to tire shops and a 4x4 shop - they don't do that sort of thing (other than simple swaps)
But the dealership I go to for warranty and other work - which is much closer and smaller, has a dedicated accessories sales guy and they do lifts, wheel and tire sales and swaps and more.

This was done by them, sitting in their showroom. Not cheap, of course, they make their money on the mods, but still - they do it... lifted, much larger tires and wheels.

20210518_080328.jpg
I just ordered a Sport S in White. Love this look. Can you tell me how much of a lift that is? And what tires/rims you went with?

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 JLUR
Hey there,

This is my first Jeep, and its currently being shipping to the dealership. I have already bought a set of 37s and will be doing the Mopar 2" lift. I called my local dealer and they told me they won't calibrate 37s only 35s... has this been the experience everywhere or should I ask a different dealership?

How do I calibrate so my jeep knows it has 37s?

TIA
I know I should have read the entire thread, but wanted to share what dealerships are capable of, if they have the right techs.

Dealership can now reprogram / calibrate speedometer and odometer for bigger tires

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a Sport S in White. Love this look. Can you tell me how much of a lift that is? And what tires/rims you went with?
That was a truck in the local dealer's show room. I'm sure it's long gone by now. Don't recall the lift or wheels they put on it.

I was showing how even dealers put on lifts and bigger tires so can't say "no warranty because you have a lift" - because even dealers install such things.

Maybe someone can recognize the wheels Dewey used from this pic?

dewey-wheels.jpg

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
That was a truck in the local dealer's show room. I'm sure it's long gone by now. Don't recall the lift or wheels they put on it.

I was showing how even dealers put on lifts and bigger tires so can't say "no warranty because you have a lift" - because even dealers install such things.

Maybe someone can recognize the wheels Dewey used from this pic?

dewey-wheels.jpg
I think this is the wheel
http://www.fueloffroad.com/wheel/12664/fuel-1-piece-wheels-rebel-6-d680/?finishID=3906&lugs=6

Screenshot_20220202-080015.png

Deleted member 28696

I see people saying that all the time but I have yet to see anything it does that I want or can't do otherwise.
I used the Tazer JL mini to activate the 115v bed outlet that I added where the JSCAN apparently cannot. I’m sure there’s other things as well, I don’t enjoy buying things twice, so I’d rather have the more capable unit.
Sponsored