Sponsored

Death Wobble, DW, Death Wobble, DW, Death Wobble, Shimmy, Wander, Drift, Bump Steer

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
3.5" lift and it looks like you have quite a bit of negative offset. You've moved a lot around.
That said, if it was an issue before the lift and tires, then I'd be looking at components again.
Steering gearbox bolts, Pitman arm nut, ball joints, trackbar, bearings... literally everything from the steering column the where the tires meet the road.

Did they give you a printout of your final alignment?
They went through all of that complete full nuts and bolts check. Loosened retightened and marked ball joints are good. They're fairly new. I do have to print out of the alignment. I can post it later tonight
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I did end up buying the metal cloak sector shaft brace hoping that solves a little bit of a problem along with a little toe in or toe out

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
I'm still struggling with the wobble. I just had it aligned. Less that 10 miles on current alignment. Everything has been torqued. Tires balanced again. Next try is the Metalcloak sector shaft brace. Lots of good reviews on their setup. Notice anything out of the ordinary? 48k on the odometer
Jeep Gladiator Death Wobble, DW, Death Wobble, DW, Death Wobble, Shimmy, Wander, Drift, Bump Steer 17081293813754515666759122676900

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I'm still struggling with the wobble. I just had it aligned. Less that 10 miles on current alignment. Everything has been torqued. Tires balanced again. Next try is the Metalcloak sector shaft brace. Lots of good reviews on their setup. Notice anything out of the ordinary? 48k on the odometer
Jeep Gladiator Death Wobble, DW, Death Wobble, DW, Death Wobble, Shimmy, Wander, Drift, Bump Steer 17081293813754515666759122676900
Including ball joints?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Including ball joints?
As in torqued? They did a complete shakedown of it. They said they checked the ball joints.
Edit:
Called them back and that is a negative on torquing the ball joints. If the weather holds out this weekend I'll do that myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
As in torqued? They did a complete shakedown of it. They said they checked the ball joints.
Something has to be loose, bent, or otherwise out of sorts for it to continue to shake, wobbly, shimmy.
It's hard to sit here and guess what it may be, but it's fixable.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Something has to be loose, bent, or otherwise out of sorts for it to continue to shake, wobbly, shimmy.
It's hard to sit here and guess what it may be, but it's fixable.
Sounds to me like I'll be upgrading the steering as well plus the sector shaft brace, ball joints, etc etc etc.
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Sounds to me like I'll be upgrading the steering as well plus the sector shaft brace, ball joints, etc etc etc.
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
You can say that again. Got the wobble fixed. Have new falcon nexus stabilizer and 2.5 ton steering components sitting here ready for install. But that will have to wait cause cel is on and I'm getting p0300, p0171 and p0137. Oh, just put in a new starter battery the other day too. The fun keeps on coming.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Beating a dead horse here. What caster are most people running on a 2.5 lift? Mines Clayton 2.5 overland. If I adjust the LCA out half a turn and the UPA in a half turn. Is that the same as one full turn on the LCA? I'm at 5.9 and 6.1 on caster.

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
And here's the chart for your lift.

Jeep Gladiator Death Wobble, DW, Death Wobble, DW, Death Wobble, Shimmy, Wander, Drift, Bump Steer 1708221754867
I wonder how much a 1/16th inch is on degrees of caster? 24 5/16 passenger side. 24 1/4 drivers side. LCA although didn't measure the UCA. Might take into account the difference in caster some. 5.9 on DS and 6.1 PS. Could mean the difference between degrees of caster and death wobble. Being as it seems to happen almost always when I hit a bump on the DS of the truck.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Forgive me, but is there a connection
between lift and wobble.

Or in other words, do stock Gladiators
suffer from the death wobble.
Stock mine never did. Just have to dial it in.

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Forgive me, but is there a connection
between lift and wobble.

Or in other words, do stock Gladiators
suffer from the death wobble.
They certainly can. Any solid axle front can.
It can be exacerbated by lift, but a properly done lift, with geometry correction measures, can drive as good or better than stock.
Sponsored