Sponsored

Diamondback HD Mounts - Crushing side rails!

First Name
D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Hey, just bought a Mojave and just created an account here. I also happened to just order a DiamondBack SE and came across this thread. Sounds like a pretty minor issue but I am curious if you get those shims and if anyone can posts some pics. Thanks.
Sponsored

MDV Hank

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My DB cover arrives tomorrow morning. I'll be curious to see if they have started including shims as part of the Gladiator install kit.
FWIW, I have DIY strut channel rails to clamp too.

Is anyone, with shims, able to post a picture of what they look like (from Diamond Back)

Cheers
Here is what I got from DB haven't did the install yet
Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD Mounts - Crushing side rails! tempImageZtH0uC

Sponsored

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
I'm in the same boat. I contacted them about six months ago and they said that they were working on something but never heard back. Rain water gets in from the warped clamp area. Pretty annoying. Maybe I'll contact them again.

Sponsored

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
Here is what I got from DB haven't did the install yet
Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD Mounts - Crushing side rails! 2DD750A4-FD1A-4744-889D-F95804FE8770
My new DB cover arrived Friday. They (still) don't automatically include shims.
Unfortunately I couldn't install it because they erred and packaged the standard clamps.
They are overnighting some trail rail clamps, no charge, so I should have it set up soon.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I'm in the same boat. I contacted them about six months ago and they said that they were working on something but never heard back. Rain water gets in from the warped clamp area. Pretty annoying. Maybe I'll contact them again.
So I thought it was the warping that it was coming in from. they sent me a new seal plus the shims when I sent a photo. There was the tinyest amount of seal they noticed from the picture missing that was causing the issue. The shims do look so much better though.

Thing that sucked was having to take this thing off. It is designed to go on and never be removed, lol.

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
I reached out to Mike Pelella yesterday at Diamondback and he said that the shims are available and that he will send them out to me. Good deal. Now, what's the best way to take the bed rails off?

Mike was nice enough to send me the installation instructions of the shims and how to remove the bedrail caps if anyone needs it.

Last edited:

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I reached out to Mike Pelella yesterday at Diamondback and he said that the shims are available and that he will send them out to me. Good deal. Now, what's the best way to take the bed rails off?

Mike was nice enough to send me the installation instructions of the shims and how to remove the bedrail caps if anyone needs it.

Start watching about 18:40

Sponsored