Sponsored

Diamondback HD

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I came across this Tacoma forum post which had a really good recap of what I’m currently seeing with my cover.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/diamondback-cover-leaking-at-centerrail-corners.689478/

Customer Service at diamondback just replaced the entire cover, and it seemed to be keeping the rain out of the bed while it was parked, but after driving it was taking on a good amount of water on the driver’s side.

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD 8A6CE3E1-26B4-4863-821C-A74B4B0CFF72

It really seems like the quality control on how the rubber gaskets are installed during manufacture have almost zero room for error. If the gaskets on the panels do not make perfect contact with the gaskets on the cross piece, then water will definitely get in to the bed.

I am not interested in pulling off the entire rubber gasket just to “attempt” to make it more water tight.

I‘m thinking about silicone caulking the area on the cross piece corners where it meets the panels, though one of the Tacoma guys came up with “fix” using some weatherstripping that he claims addressed the same issue I am currently experiencing:

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD 44654292-E9C7-4D58-B8A7-6424386D1AD7

It still surprises me a bit how much effort gets spent on just trying to not have water pour in in relatively light rain.
Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I’m having the problem of my trail rail getting mashed up into the underside of bed sides by the clamps. I’m concerned this will eventually fail. I’m thinking of adding spacers between the top of the trail rail and the bottom inside edge of the bed sides in the area.
This guy came up with a good solution to keeping the clamps in place without having to smash the bed rails.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...mondback-cover-clamp-issue.57929/#post-950862

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I smashed my Diesel Rotopax into a tree last trip shifting my entire Diamondback HD about 2 inches. I had also noticed that the Diamondback was migrating forward over time. Since I’ve got a Front Runner rack on this thing, and can’t open it anyway, so I decided to improve the way this thing attaches to the bed.

I got some aluminum L brackets from 80:20, installed rivnuts in the channels and bolted this thing down at all 4 corners with Toyota trail rail cleat hardware. I don’t think it’s going anywhere now secured in 6 places and it’s still fairly simple to open by just unscrewing the knobs I repurposed.
Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD IMG_1406

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD IMG_1410
Sponsored