Sponsored

Diamondback HD Mounts - Crushing side rails!

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
Did you check if your clamps are all at the same level? Maybe one or two of the clamps are gripping more than the others? It should also be pretty easy to remove the panel and lay it on the floor like mmatthie suggests.

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Did you check if your clamps are all at the same level? Maybe one or two of the clamps are gripping more than the others? It should also be pretty easy to remove the panel and lay it on the floor like mmatthie suggests.
I’ll double check the clamps, but I tried to make sure they were evenly clamped, and each side looks about the same from the outside

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
I contacted Diamondback today and spoke with a man named Mike. Mike was super helpful and gave me some tips on how to fix the warped panel, which he said isn’t uncommon. Here’s another short video explaining it a little better

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
I contacted Diamondback today and spoke with a man named Mike. Mike was super helpful and gave me some tips on how to fix the warped panel, which he said isn’t uncommon. Here’s another short video explaining it a little better

Cool deal. Their customer care seems pretty spot on.

Sponsored

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng

I wouldn't have someone sit on it to adjust. That would be too much weight IMO. I used 2 x 30lb dumbells ( placed on each corner) which was plenty.
It takes about a week for things to settle in and the tailgate to open/shut more freely.
Glad you're getting it straightened out (literally). You handled the issue well whereas some people would have, well, you know :)

Jeep w DB SE.jpg

First Name
D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Give it time my friend, give it time. You'll probably end up going through the process that we all have. Everything is great at first. Then you have some loose clamps, maybe the nut fell off during off roading, so you put them back on, then they loosen, then you tighten and then one day.... wait, isn't my bed trail deformed?
Haha, yup I stupidly spoke too soon. Very minor issue but I do now see a tiny bit of the rails being smooshed. The other minor issue is the plastic sticky things where the locking rods slide under. With major temp changes in Michigan, seemed to be to tight or too loose. Now that it's warm, not really an issue other than one of them won't stay stuck very well. I also notice that since those pieces are attached to the plastic bed rails only, it lifts the bed rails up a tiny bit. Honestly seems like a fairly poor design. It's either have it easily open, but the panels slope up from the middle, or have it tight and tough to open, but have the panels nice and straight horizontally. I'm probably going to put the shims in and re-install (I have new bed rails) but also considering to fasten those pieces with screws instead of sticky tape. Anyone have thoughts on that? Thanks.

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37

Thanks for sharing this info. My HD has a bit of the same, the cover seems a bit raised at opposite corners on the front and back (front driver's, rear passengers). Can you please share what was the recommended way to pull the panels back into shape? I don't want to just randomly reef on something this nice that cost this much

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Thanks for sharing this info. My HD has a bit of the same, the cover seems a bit raised at opposite corners on the front and back (front driver's, rear passengers). Can you please share what was the recommended way to pull the panels back into shape? I don't want to just randomly reef on something this nice that cost this much
I opened the panel, grabbed the left side with my left arm and right side with my right arm. Then I just slowly twisted the panel the direction it needed to go to work out the bend. Go slow and just a small amount at a time. It was actually super easy and didn’t take but 30 seconds to do.

Sponsored

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Got everything mounted up finally! When my new bed rail caps get here, I’ll have to take everything back off and install the spacers. So happy to have my tent finally mounted up. This setup is so much nicer than my last

EAD17300-408F-4607-929F-A89DD66D0A12.jpeg

54D18226-BB4F-4013-8167-B07CB473092D.jpeg

F6024AEA-29A4-4C8D-B830-BDBE53D75EBB.jpeg

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
Got everything mounted up finally! When my new bed rail caps get here, I’ll have to take everything back off and install the spacers. So happy to have my tent finally mounted up. This setup is so much nicer than my last

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD Mounts - Crushing side rails! F6024AEA-29A4-4C8D-B830-BDBE53D75EBB

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD Mounts - Crushing side rails! F6024AEA-29A4-4C8D-B830-BDBE53D75EBB

Your spare tire looks like its 60" in the 1st pic. Perspective can be a crazy thing.

OP
OP
mmatthie

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S

Sweet setup...can I ask which rack that is...as well as which iKamper? Thanks

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I opened the panel, grabbed the left side with my left arm and right side with my right arm. Then I just slowly twisted the panel the direction it needed to go to work out the bend. Go slow and just a small amount at a time. It was actually super easy and didn’t take but 30 seconds to do.
great, thanks!

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Sweet setup...can I ask which rack that is...as well as which iKamper? Thanks
Thanks! It’s the Frontrunner rack system and the tent is the Skycamp mini
Sponsored