Which trim?

ors0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Overland most likely for me. I want leather, LED lights, and 6 speed. I just really hate the silver accents on the grille and front bumper so I’ll have to get rid of that. Maybe the Mopar all black grille and steel bumber. I would love a Sport S but LED and leather isn’t available
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
Overland most likely for me. I want leather, LED lights, and 6 speed. I just really hate the silver accents on the grille and front bumper so I’ll have to get rid of that. Maybe the Mopar all black grille and steel bumber. I would love a Sport S but LED and leather isn’t available
There is another way to think about that. Leather on and Overland/Rubi is probably going to be a $1500 option (just like the JLU). You can get Katskinz for around $1000 if you install it yourself. You also get more options with Katskinz.

Now the Mopar LEDs are SWEEEEET on the JLU so I'm kinda with you there. It is one of the regrets I have for getting a JL Sport S instead of a Rubi. Also, it's not like you can buy the Mopar LEDs in the aftermarket and just hook them up on a Sport. We found the wiring for LED halos doesn't exist on the Sport models. However there are already quite a few aftermarket LED options for the JL and even better ones (like JW Speaker) are hitting the market soon. You might even get that for less money.

IMO, unless Selec-Trac is an option, I would personally pass on the Overland and get a Rubi for the offroad capability. As for the coloring, get a can of black plasti-dip and fix it to your satisfaction. It's easy, durable, reversible, and dirt cheap.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m leaning towards the Rubicon since I had one and it was super capable and really enjoyed it.

But also looking at a sport S as it ticks almost every box I want on the truck. The two main issues is the lack of LED package and Navi.

I’m not a fan of the Overland very much.

But price will also be a factor.

If the Rubi comes under 70k CDN on the road I’ll be going with it. If it’s more I’ll get the Sport S loaded and have to find a way to upgrade to the factory Navi and LED package.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I’m leaning towards the Rubicon since I had one and it was super capable and really enjoyed it.

But also looking at a sport S as it ticks almost every box I want on the truck. The two main issues is the lack of LED package and Navi.

If the Rubi comes under 70k CDN on the road I’ll be going with it. If it’s more I’ll get the Sport S loaded and have to find a way to upgrade to the factory Navi and LED package.
LED is a factor, but with carplay/android auto, built in Navi is not only redundant but sub-par...

Last edited:

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Maybe for you guys in the states, but in Canada data is expensive so using CarPlay/android auto for Navi becomes a waste for us.

LED is a factor, but with carplay/android auto, built in Navi is not only redundant but sub-par...

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK

If I am being honest I feel like the Sport S with the max tow package is going to be very compelling. The only things from the Rubicon it is missing is the lockers, sway bar, and maybe some of the interior upgrades.

My past Wrangler was a Rubicon and I will likely go Rubicon again but the Sport S is tough for me to ignore. We will see what the price difference is.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Do you have to plug the phone into a jack to use android auto? You do on our pacifica. STUPID!

I much prefer the built in Navigation than plug my phone into a usb cable. My pacifica Nav was built with Garmin, so its good to go.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yup same boat. The Rubicon has lots of nice options that I want. Coming from a Rubicon the lockers, rocktrac and the disco sway bar were great. But a Sport S with max tow is a very good option if priced right. Still comes with the cold weather package, and Dana 44s, and premium audio(minus the Navi)

So if I can find a way to upgrade to factory Navi and LEDs I’ll most likely go this route. I know there is a company that offers the upgraded factory for a JL so it should work on the Gladiator.

The LED package is my concern. I knowon a JL the turn signals, and tail lights can be easily added and are relatively inexpensive. But I’ve heard the headlight wiring is different. I don’t want aftermarket lights. I really like the factory led package.

If I am being honest I feel like the Sport S with the max tow package is going to be very compelling. The only things from the Rubicon it is missing is the lockers, sway bar, and maybe some of the interior upgrades.

My past Wrangler was a Rubicon and I will likely go Rubicon again but the Sport S is tough for me to ignore. We will see what the price difference is.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Yup same boat. The Rubicon has lots of nice options that I want. Coming from a Rubicon the lockers, rocktrac and the disco sway bar were great. But a Sport S with max tow is a very good option if priced right. Still comes with the cold weather package, and Dana 44s, and premium audio(minus the Navi)

So if I can find a way to upgrade to factory Navi and LEDs I’ll most likely go this route. I know there is a company that offers the upgraded factory for a JL so it should work on the Gladiator.

The LED package is my concern. I knowon a JL the turn signals, and tail lights can be easily added and are relatively inexpensive. But I’ve heard the headlight wiring is different. I don’t want aftermarket lights. I really like the factory led package.
Yeah, i'll have to compare this too. Especially if you're a person that will be replacing anything on the JT, might as well get a sport/S and upgrade stuff that you want, if it'll be less than the Rubicon, if you don't "NEED" the Rubicon off road rock climbing bits. Can't wait for the pricing to come out.

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I used to wheel my jeep about every 4-6 weeks. So it’s def’n nice to have the Rubicon bits. But the Dana 44s with 4.10s on a sport s with max tow is hard deal to pass up. It all comes doesn’t to price. If the Rubicon is in my budget I’ll get that. If the sport s makes the better financial sense then I’ll do that. All in I’m willing to spend at max 70k after everything. If the Rubicon pushes that. Or the sport s loaded with everything I want is significantly cheaper 10-20k less than the Rubicon loaded how I want I’ll go Sport S.

I just need these prices released so I can make up my mind.

Yeah, i'll have to compare this too. Especially if you're a person that will be replacing anything on the JT, might as well get a sport/S and upgrade stuff that you want, if it'll be less than the Rubicon, if you don't "NEED" the Rubicon off road rock climbing bits. Can't wait for the pricing to come out.

koala

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU

Disappointed many options are not available on the Sport S which would have my preference. I don't need lockers or sway bar disconnect. But I do want several options ONLY offered on the Rubicon between the two. Bummed and hoping things change before ordering. Options only offered on Rubicon as opposed to S (according to build and price tool) include: painted top, painted fenders, LEDS, steel bumper, keyless entry and leather.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Disappointed many options are not available on the Sport S which would have my preference. I don't need lockers or sway bar disconnect. But I do want several options ONLY offered on the Rubicon between the two. Bummed and hoping things change before ordering. Options only offered on Rubicon as opposed to S (according to build and price tool) include: painted top, painted fenders, LEDS, steel bumper, keyless entry and leather.

The options available on the Sport S mimic that of the JL build.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no remote start on the sport s either.......but has the cold weather package. Perhaps the cold weather package comes with remote start on the sport S? It doesn't say it does, but ......

Guess i'm getting a rubicon. lol, but the rubicon can't get the tan cloth interior.....now i have to buy one for summer, one for winter.

SFC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sport, 2000 XJ Cherokee
Rubicon here. Never had one and it's about time!!
Sponsored