Which trim?

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
For those who have already made the decision of getting the JT, which trim are you getting and why? For example if you are planning on Overlanding which could potentially mean replacing shocks, axles, ect. does it make sense to spend money on Rubicon? If so why?

Just trying to get a sense of pros/cons of each trim. I personally was leaning toward Rubicon but after thinking about the fact that i will be doing a lift and potentially shocks, axles and body armor, I not 100% sure if that makes sense.
Sponsored

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I will be going the Rubicon route again. I likely will be working with a lift and tires that the axles will be able to handle without issue. In my JK I like the Rubicon lockers, sway bar, and I am looking forward to the front trail cam.

I haven't decided on the front steel bumper yet (rear is coming stock), but it would give me more time before I get a front and rear bumper to save some $

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'll be going with the Sport because I intend to use it as a pickup truck in addition to a fun vehicle, and the Sport has the best payload/towing numbers.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Overland here.

Only modifications will be metal side-steps and bigger tires when the OEM wear out. The truck will be used as a daily commuter and workhorse around the house.

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 RAM, 12 Tahoe, 97 TJ [RIP 99 XJ ton's and 35's]
Sport S.

No aftermarket bolt-on's until it's paid for.

Then 40's and the supporting underpinnings that won't break when I get overzealous with the skinny pedal.

Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
I believe I will be Rubicon. I really probably should go Overland but the Overland has the worst of towing capacity with no option for the Max Tow for some reason. And I don't want the Sport versions.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
My heart says Rubi but my wallet says sport, and if the Overland comes with a Selec-Trac option like the JL Sahara, my wife might say Overland (we need a ski vehicle, and I understand the Selec-Trac AWD is brilliant in the snow).

Sponsored

BullGatorPA

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ
Hopefully a Rubicon, but Overland would be my 2nd option. My hope is to use it for occasional overloading trips, camping, etc. but it will also be my daily driver. I don't need to tow anything big and really prefer the look of body color top and fenders. I also like having leather, but as mentioned on some other threads, seat covers are always an option there. Regardless of the trim I can't wait to get this truck. It'll be my first Jeep, and my first new vehicle purchase.

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
I'm hoping to get the Sport S with a few options, hopefully the price comes in at something reasonable. Would like a rubi but can't bring myself to drop that kind of money on a vehicle.

Last edited:

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Sport S with max tow package as it will have 4.10 gears and the bigger stronger axles same as the Rubicon minus the lockers and sway bar disconnect. I will most likely get the Mopar 2" lift and 285/75/18 Toyo ATIIs on factory 18" wheels I will buy take offs. Other options will be hard top only, heated seat, steering wheel, remote start option group as well.

Kangarhew

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
I will be getting the sport s. The rubicon is nice, but for what I’ll be doing it is overkill, and my pocket will much appreciate it. It will be my daily driver, as well as taking it on some of the easier trails here in uwharrie. Max tow package, and I will put the teraflex budget boost with 35s until I save up a little extra to get the 2” mopar lift. I will also most likely have the hard top painted the body color since it isn’t an option on the sport s. I like the black top on the wranglers, but not sure how a different color top will look on a truck until I see it in person.

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I will sa
My heart says Rubi but my wallet says sport, and if the Overland comes with a Selec-Trac option like the JL Sahara, my wife might say Overland (we need a ski vehicle, and I understand the Selec-Trac AWD is brilliant in the snow).
The nice thing about having a Rubicon JK is that when I bought it in 2008 I paid $32k, and am looking to sell it for $17K. The resale values of 10 year old Jeeps is crazy due to the price of the new ones and is making it much more palatable to get to the price increase.
Sponsored