Disappointed with poor quality control

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Right now down to my 2019 FLTRXSE CVO ROAD GLIDE, in the last 2 years have had 2- CVO Street Glides and 2- CVO Road Glides, and many others over the years.that’s another story for another day. I don’t want to blow marinehawks mind and be called a liar again. So funny with these guys. LOL.
Understood. Mainly curious about any insights into this Glad. Both are lifestyle vehicles. Not sure how much they compare. But I am wondering if any lessons learned from the rise and fall of Harley's equates to anything with the JT rollout. I'm reading this Australian thread and it is exactly same as us rollout. They seem convinced it won't sell for long. IDK. Just bs ing
Sponsored

OP
OP

1911tacticalnut

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTUR, 19’ F-250 Lariat Sport, 20’ Tacoma Sport, 19’ Harley CVO Road Glide
Occupation
HVAC GURU
Enough about me. I am so done with this thread and was only trying to voice my disappointment in a custom ordered vehicle. I have been blamed, heard all kinds of conspiracy theories, cursed at and called a liar because of speaking out about the poor quality control from JEEP. Really a lot of viral people on this forum.

OP
OP

1911tacticalnut

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC GURU
Understood. Mainly curious about any insights into this Glad. Both are lifestyle vehicles. Not sure how much they compare. But I am wondering if any lessons learned from the rise and fall of Harley's equates to anything with the JT rollout. I'm reading this Australian thread and it is exactly same as us rollout. They seem convinced it won't sell for long. IDK. Just bs ing
Trust me Harley has and are having major sales problems over the last few years., They have had their fair share of mechanical failures with their new M-8 engines sumping. It took them
3 model years to straighten it out. But nonetheless they have finally gotten it right. I will say though that their bikes are usually delivered in great appearance conditions. And let’s not forget that these bikes are just as much as the Gladiator. So they actually have more in common than one would think.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Trust me Harley has and are having major sales problems over the last few years., They have had their fair share of mechanical failures with their new M-8 engines sumping. It took them
3 model years to straighten it out. But nonetheless they have finally gotten it right. I will say though that their bikes are usually delivered in great appearance conditions. And let’s not forget that these bikes are just as much as the Gladiator. So they actually have more in common than one would think.
So jeep sold relatively fewer scramblers, j series, and Comanches than one might think. Never approached the big three, maybe didnt want to. Now this JT, similarly, doesn't seem like they aim at more than a nitch. So they better hold it tightly. Right? Folks will stick with them. It's almost no fail. Unless they really make errors. My Harley history is nada. I do seem to remember quality issuesxand forgetting who the buyer is. Maybe fca has this right...

OP
OP

1911tacticalnut

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC GURU
I sure hope so and will be giving them the benefit of the doubt and will be reordering the exact same gladiator one more time in good faith. Actually considering ordering the MOJAVE at the end of this month. Very excited.

Sponsored

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Right now down to my 2019 FLTRXSE CVO ROAD GLIDE, in the last 2 years have had 2- CVO Street Glides and 2- CVO Road Glides, and many others over the years.that’s another story for another day. I don’t want to blow marinehawks mind and be called a liar again. So funny with these guys. LOL.
I make over $500K per year. It's not envy. It's just that I don't believe that you have bought and sold over 200 vehicles in the last 20 years, and are complaining about some scratches on this forum.

Do you really claim that you have bought and sold over 200 vehicles in the last 20 years? If so, that's weird. I know a lot of rich guys. They don't do that, but they aren't weird. If you really did that, why did you look for a good deal 2,000 miles away from where you live

Just ordered my Sting Gray Rubicon from a Virginia dealer at 11% under invoice and no destination / setup fees. Msrp at $61420, sold for $50,200 and no $1495 destination charges. I feel this was a fairly good deal. I have been patiently waiting since August 2019 to find the right deal. When I did I pulled the trigger.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/below-invoice-discussion-motor-inn-of-spirit-lake.26763/page-57#post-429909

Just not plausible.

Do you really claim that you have bought and sold over 200 vehicles in the last 20 years?

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I make over $500K per year. It's not envy. It's just that I don't believe that you have bought and sold over 200 vehicles in the last 20 years, and are complaining about some scratches on this forum.

Do you really claim that you have bought and sold over 200 vehicles in the last 20 years? If so, that's weird. I know a lot of rich guys. They don't do that, but they aren't weird. If you really did that, why did you look for a good deal 2,000 miles away from where you live

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/below-invoice-discussion-motor-inn-of-spirit-lake.26763/page-57#post-429909

Just not plausible.

Do you really claim that you have bought and sold over 200 vehicles in the last 20 years?
I don’t believe you are a rich guy who makes 500k a year And spends most of his time ripping in to peoples posts on a Jeep thread.... just doesn’t add up.

Dude let it go, you sound like my 6 year old trying to one up the other kids on the playground talking about their bey blades or match box cars.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t believe you are a rich guy who makes 500k a year And spends most of his time ripping in to peoples posts on a Jeep thread.... just doesn’t add up.
It wasn't "peoples posts"; it was a single person's post.

I do make that much. E.g., the Alaskan moose hunt in my avatar cost about $30K. Tell me another way if you know about those things. This separate bear hunt cost about the same:

QGDLLnD.jpg

I bought 120 acres in Colorado recently.

Point is that, making that much, I could never afford to buy and sell a vehicle every month, and there would be no plausible reason for doing so.

Just ordered my Sting Gray Rubicon from a Virginia dealer at 11% under invoice and no destination / setup fees. Msrp at $61420, sold for $50,200 and no $1495 destination charges. I feel this was a fairly good deal. I have been patiently waiting since August 2019 to find the right deal. When I did I pulled the trigger.

No one uses “hundreds” to mean 101:
ldLNEz3.jpg

Hundreds of vehicles in 20 years and complaining about scratches on one doesn’t pass the B.S.-meter.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

I do make that much. E.g., the Alaskan moose hunt in my avatar cost about $30K. Tell me another way if you know about those things. This separate bear hunt cost about the same:

QGDLLnD.jpg

Point is that, making that much, I could never afford to buy and sell a vehicle every month, and there would be no plausible reason for doing so.

ldLNEz3.jpg

Hundreds of vehicles in 20 years and complaining about scratches on one doesn’t pass the B.S.-meter.
Good points.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload

QGDLLnD.jpg

ldLNEz3.jpg

Wow, We are really impressed now. You should really focus your time on that high-class money making business. Curious, what happens to those animals after they are shot?

Dude, give it up. You could be making 30k per poor moose that you set up to get shot. How much do you make complaining about this post?

Sponsored

OP
OP

1911tacticalnut

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC GURU
These people are unbelievable and I guess they can’t read everything. I have owned my own business for 20 years. Which means I actually buy more than one vehicle at a time. And your damn right I am complaining about scratches when delivered an inferior product. Period.
I am so sorry you guys dont understand or can’t comprehend capitalism. I could care less about you believing me or not. It’s irrelevant to the subject matter. Just goes to show you how closed minded a lot of these forum members are. Business owners actually have to buy and sell company vehicles to provide services to customers. It really not that hard to understand unless you guys live in such a shallow well. Unbelievable

OP
OP

1911tacticalnut

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC GURU

Just not plausible.

I am so sorry that you can’t read correctly. I have owned my own company for 20 years which means I buy a lot of vehicles to service my customers. Not a hard concept to understand and your beating a dead horse. You then claim I am searching for a deal 2000 miles away from my home. Where do you get that from. I have never said such. You must be some liberal hack job putting words in people’s mouths because I said I got a deal here in Virginia which is the state I live in. Which the last time I checked wasn’t 2000 miles away. Give it a rest dude because your actually acting a fool at this point.

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

QGDLLnD.jpg

ldLNEz3.jpg

Uh oh, he’s showing his guns guys. Want to see my guns? Got hunerds of em. Don’t believe me, then go ask your mom?

cleanerguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
Ordered Rubicon Gladiator on January 17, Jeep came in last Thursday. Went to buy it on Saturday to find 3 out of 4 scratched wheels, 3 scratches on the vehicle and more troubling passenger floor board was soaking wet. Before everyone starts ranting it’s a Jeep and is going to leak stories. The dealer said this was his first one that has come in with a roof leak already. Roof panels were water tight as they tested them. Was very disappointed in the condition of the Jeep and poor quality control from the factory. If I wanted scratches on a brand new vehicle I would at least enjoy being the one to create them. Not paying for them upfront with no pleasure in creating them myself. I have bought and sold many vehicles in my time but this was a complete joke for quality control.
My new truck had 4 scratches on the passenger side hood and on one wheel. I used some scratch-x 2.0 they buffed right out. Now a water leak can big a big PIA. I had that issue once and they could never fix it. I would be super careful with the leak. I would personally never purchase a jeep that was already leaking water. It follows the path of least resistance and gets every where and molds and stinks. This all being said. It happens to all vehicles, I have friends with 1/4 million dollar super cars that have issues. If you really like the truck refuse delivery, an order another one or buy an already available one.
Sponsored