Sponsored

Disappointed with poor quality control

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
My new truck had 4 scratches on the passenger side hood and on one wheel. I used some scratch-x 2.0 they buffed right out. Now a water leak can big a big PIA. I had that issue once and they could never fix it. I would be super careful with the leak. I would personally never purchase a jeep that was already leaking water. It follows the path of least resistance and gets every where and molds and stinks. This all being said. It happens to all vehicles, I have friends with 1/4 million dollar super cars that have issues. If you really like the truck refuse delivery, an order another one or buy an already available one.
Well said Clean. No substitute for a good inspection prior to taking delivery. Problem is people, including me, get so excited when getting a new vehicle, things are easy to over look.
I found it beneficial to make a written check sheet before I go to the dealer just so I do not miss things.
Good example, when I took delivery of my JKU WW in 2016, the trail rated kit was on my list to verify it was in the vehicle. Looked at the check list before I signed the paper work. Trail kit was not there. Dealer went to the detail shop to get it, said it was removed during prep, cough, cough..
Another trail kit saved from an Ebay sale.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1911tacticalnut

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTUR, 19’ F-250 Lariat Sport, 20’ Tacoma Sport, 19’ Harley CVO Road Glide
Occupation
HVAC GURU
My new truck had 4 scratches on the passenger side hood and on one wheel. I used some scratch-x 2.0 they buffed right out. Now a water leak can big a big PIA. I had that issue once and they could never fix it. I would be super careful with the leak. I would personally never purchase a jeep that was already leaking water. It follows the path of least resistance and gets every where and molds and stinks. This all being said. It happens to all vehicles, I have friends with 1/4 million dollar super cars that have issues. If you really like the truck refuse delivery, an order another one or buy an already available one.
Yes sir I agree completely. I denied delivery when I was doing the PDI, the dealer was right there with me. I am in line to order the exact Gladiator in the Mojave edition. Thanks for your logical input as it is far and few in between on this forum.

Chuzzlewit

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EcoDiesel Gladiator, 2000 Wrangler
Occupation
Retired Professor of Supply Chain Management
To begin with I don't need your approvals to realize piss poor quality control when I see it. It is what it is, as I stated in the header.
Was just letting everyone know how poorly they check these vehicles out which explains why so many vehicles leave the factory with defects,
especially when people are having ESS codes start flashing as they drive them off of the lots, and then the JEEP shuts down and is in repair for months on end.
JEEP knows they have a problem with that but won't fix it. I guess that's not their fault either.
Whether you want to admit it or not JEEP truly does not care what they ship out of the plant. Once it's built with problems or not it will ship at all costs and then lay the burden upon the consumer or even the dealers.
The transport company won't scratch 3 out of 4 wheels and 2 of the 3 scratches on the vehicle were under the clear protective film on the vehicle. You would also think after so many years of JEEP having water leaks that they would actually test the vehicle for water leaks before leaving the factory.
Which water leaks lead to further damages in vehicles. Such as wiring harnesses getting soaked and causing electrical issues as well as creating an environment to have black mold growing in places it shouldn't, which can and will become toxic if unattended.
I have been thru this on a 2017 Ford F-350 Dually which ruined the truck and had to make them buy it back.
The dealer admits they only look for obvious damage when they unload the vehicle so the scratches were missed by them. The dealer won't give me new wheels or fix the paint because JEEP will not work with them after signing for the delivery. Especially for what discount they gave me on the deal to begin with.
As I stated in my original post we did do a water test which was negative and the dealer hadn't cleaned the vehicle yet, so they hadn't done any washing of the vehicle yet. So it was finding it's way in from somewhere. Heck even the white stains from the salt off the roads were still on the JEEP so they really hadn't had much of a chance to do anything.
I have no real reason to be upset with the dealer because it is damage done before it left the plant. Also the dealer has been great to work with and very understanding so it wouldn't seem right to blame them as so many JEEP LOVERS on here automatically do. In their eyes JEEP can do no wrong no matter what and that's just plum crazy.
I did decline the vehicle and they will be sending it back to JEEP for one more go of it. I will be reordering the RUBICON one more time. Also have the manager checking into the availability of ordering the Gladiator MOJAVE.
Don't get me wrong I really loved the Gladiator but was just very disappointed in the condition it was delivered in and shouldn't have left the factory that way.
Not looking to get into a pissing contest with a bunch of knot heads. Just stating facts of my experience so far with this particular JEEP.
Have a great day.
Damn, bitchy and Rude! Beginning to see why customer service isn't exactly stepping all over themselves to please this guy. 50 percent of good customer service comes from the customer, something that sounds like is missing from the interaction.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Working in the transportation and logistics industry for almost 20 years. We won't even get involved in movement of personal vehicles, etc due to the high risk of damage all of which we have seen over the years occurs during the transportation phases. Most all damage occurs during the period when a vehicle is turned over to the overland trucking company, rail company, coloaders or in the case of ocean and air at the port terminals or the airports. In other words its highly possible the scratches, etc happened when Jeep had little control over the vehicle. I know you would say well Jeep hires these people to move their product and that is true and most companies do their best to try to prevent things but when you move so many things happen and all it takes is just one careless person that had a off day or someone that didn't give a damn. Of course Jeep or its service providers should make things right for you in some fashion.
Jeep Gladiator Disappointed with poor quality control AB3021DE-3A0D-42B8-BB7C-07BC5DB79DB5

Sponsored

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
My dealer went to the staging area 120 km away to pick up my vehicle because they have had a high rate of damaged vehicles from the trucking carrier. They phoned me ahead of this to ask if I would authorize the trip. Came in pristine.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
My brand new Power Wagon had two dents in the drivers door sort of overlapping.

I imagine that is from Cletus the 5'4" 380 pound truck driver loaded and unloaded it from the transport.

The paintless dent guy made them vanish.

I didn't lose any sleep.

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
Ordered Rubicon Gladiator on January 17, Jeep came in last Thursday. Went to buy it on Saturday to find 3 out of 4 scratched wheels, 3 scratches on the vehicle and more troubling passenger floor board was soaking wet. Before everyone starts ranting it’s a Jeep and is going to leak stories. The dealer said this was his first one that has come in with a roof leak already. Roof panels were water tight as they tested them. Was very disappointed in the condition of the Jeep and poor quality control from the factory. If I wanted scratches on a brand new vehicle I would at least enjoy being the one to create them. Not paying for them upfront with no pleasure in creating them myself. I have bought and sold many vehicles in my time but this was a complete joke for quality control.
Don't expect Lexus workmanship for any Chrysler products you will be deeply disappointed.

As a Chrysler products owner, I expect mediocre workmanship and plenty of warranty works. Hence if people asked me if I recommend any Chrysler products I said no to them!

Mojave Gladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave | Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I don’t blame Jeep here, sounds like shipping related damages and poor PDI inspection by the dealership! My frame rails are scratched heavily from where the shipping company fasntended the truck down during transit.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Don't expect Lexus workmanship for any Chrysler products you will be deeply disappointed.

As a Chrysler products owner, I expect mediocre workmanship and plenty of warranty works. Hence if people asked me if I recommend any Chrysler products I said no to them!
Odd, we buy new Grand Cherokees every 2.5 years or so. We've had a number of Jeeps besides those. Never had what I'd call bad luck or anything unusually bad happen. Weird at times - but we've been happy. Fit on our current Jeeps is fine - doors close with that nice sound, panels line up, things work. We had no issues at all with her 2018 WK2 until last fall - batteries and radio. Both taken care of quickly.

COASTAL CAJUN

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Gladiator 1981 Scrambler
Occupation
Marine Construction
Sucks to be you. Got mine off the trailer when it showed up at the car lot. 2.1 miles on it. Low budget Sport Gladiator. Love it. All good no warranty issues.
Sponsored