First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
yes i have a case open with their "STAR" team whatever. which they will call and/or email from time to time to tell me the part i'm waiting for, a wiring harness is on back order without any ETA.
The STAR team is an internal engineering team, not our Customer Care Team. We would like to provide additional support. Please send us a message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

OP
OP
caryw5150

caryw5150

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
The STAR team is an internal engineering team, not our Customer Care Team. We would like to provide additional support. Please send us a message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
2021 Jeep Gladiator VIN 1C6JJTAM0ML524457 1500 miles located at Bob Richards Chrysler Jeep in Graniteville, SC

OP
OP
caryw5150

caryw5150

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
What dealer is the JT at? (I'm in the Tampa area also) Have you considered having it towed to another dealer? I'm sure that @JeepCares would consider fostering that process if your current dealer is struggling to resolve your issue.
at a dealer in SC bob richards. yeah if i cannot get it fixed i can bring it to tampa i guess.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
2021 Jeep Gladiator VIN 1C6JJTAM0ML524457 1500 miles located at Bob Richards Chrysler Jeep in Graniteville, SC
Thanks for providing this, caryw5150. When you have a moment though, please send this information to us privately so we can best assist.

Kate
Jeep Cares

DenverDownHiller

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
modified or stock?
Turns out the precious owner installed some kind of brake controller for towing the Jeep behind a motor home then just caped it. Dummies. I had to pay for an entire brake harness - $800! Thanks anyway.

Sponsored

NAPADan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel. ESC, Limp Mode, and all sorts of electrical issues. 6 weeks at dealer still not fixed. Jeep won't buy back. at wits end with what to do.

2021 Jeep Glad ESC error.jpeg
Should be able to Lemon Law this pretty easy in Florida. Call the Attorney General and ask for the Lemon Law manual. They sent me one out with no problems. Do everything it tells you to do-fill out the forms and send one to the Attorney General and another one to Jeep. I did this on my 2020 Gladiator that had 211 miles on it and was in the Dealership for over 30 days. If you traded a vehicle in ask for the difference between what they gave you and retail price along with the full price of what you paid-Florida law allows this!

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I feel for you. Iā€™m at 8 weeks with truck at the dealer waiting for a front axle shaft. The wrong shaft - too short - was installed at the factory. We donā€™t have lemon laws here. The government is in the pockets of car salesmen politicians.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Should be able to Lemon Law this pretty easy in Florida. Call the Attorney General and ask for the Lemon Law manual. They sent me one out with no problems. Do everything it tells you to do-fill out the forms and send one to the Attorney General and another one to Jeep. I did this on my 2020 Gladiator that had 211 miles on it and was in the Dealership for over 30 days. If you traded a vehicle in ask for the difference between what they gave you and retail price along with the full price of what you paid-Florida law allows this!
It is used and modified

Deleted member 31576

Yeah this is crazy. I'm dealing with an inconsistent P0300 random misfire and a back window leak. The random misfire has occurred 4 times. 3 of the four times the service center at the dealer told us not to bring it in because the CEL light turned off. The one time we took the jeep in for the random misfire, they said they couldn't get the problem to replicate so they couldn't fix what they couldn't find. The problem is, the service center responds as if they have never heard of this issue. I can't believe they are not trained any better than to identify that this is happening everywhere. You're telling me out of thousands of Jeep employees that none of them own a Jeep and none of this has happened to them?

This is NOT fixing the problem. We are starting the Lemon Law filing here in Florida. The jeep is at the dealer now for service. Honestly, I will never consider buying another Jeep. We have been so thoroughly disappointed, not really in the vehicle in as much as the customer service. From purchase until now, it has been sorely disappointing.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah this is crazy. I'm dealing with an inconsistent P0300 random misfire and a back window leak. The random misfire has occurred 4 times. 3 of the four times the service center at the dealer told us not to bring it in because the CEL light turned off. The one time we took the jeep in for the random misfire, they said they couldn't get the problem to replicate so they couldn't fix what they couldn't find. The problem is, the service center responds as if they have never heard of this issue. I can't believe they are not trained any better than to identify that this is happening everywhere. You're telling me out of thousands of Jeep employees that none of them own a Jeep and none of this has happened to them?

This is NOT fixing the problem. We are starting the Lemon Law filing here in Florida. The jeep is at the dealer now for service. Honestly, I will never consider buying another Jeep. We have been so thoroughly disappointed, not really in the vehicle in as much as the customer service. From purchase until now, it has been sorely disappointing.
Do a mandatory poll of forum members - I bet the percentage of members who have had misfire issues is really seriously small. I say mandatory as MOST forum members won't participate.
They may have not heard of the issue - how many have they sold? Even if 150 or more, it's a good chance none of their customers have seen the issue. The dealer here had never seen the issue my wife had with her Grand Cherokee. Luckily I had a complete diagnostic report I had printed and given to them that helped - and they were willing to keep digging since I had the proof on paper that it happened.
I don't go back to the dealership where I bought my truck because it's a HUGE shop with two rows of service writers and you never get to talk with anyone who knows anything. The techs are fully insulated from the customer by those rows of service writers answering the phone. Likely most of them have never been a mechanic or tech of any sort...........
The dealership I go to for shop work has only 4 or 5 people sitting there, and they'll even get up and go grab a tech if there's a big question. The mechanics aren't afraid to come out into the receiving area. One even sat down at a table with me while we went over Jeep wiring diagrams and schematics to try to figure out the brake controller issues. He made phone calls.

In your case, since you have laid out some detail for us to see - 4 times to the shop for the SAME exact issue likely qualifies. It does in Iowa. If it's been to a shop 4 times for the same issue and it is not resolved, or has been in a shop for a total of xx days (and those days do not have to be consecutive) it qualifies.

Deleted member 31576

Do a mandatory poll of forum members - I bet the percentage of members who have had misfire issues is really seriously small. I say mandatory as MOST forum members won't participate.
They may have not heard of the issue - how many have they sold? Even if 150 or more, it's a good chance none of their customers have seen the issue. The dealer here had never seen the issue my wife had with her Grand Cherokee. Luckily I had a complete diagnostic report I had printed and given to them that helped - and they were willing to keep digging since I had the proof on paper that it happened.
I don't go back to the dealership where I bought my truck because it's a HUGE shop with two rows of service writers and you never get to talk with anyone who knows anything. The techs are fully insulated from the customer by those rows of service writers answering the phone. Likely most of them have never been a mechanic or tech of any sort...........
The dealership I go to for shop work has only 4 or 5 people sitting there, and they'll even get up and go grab a tech if there's a big question. The mechanics aren't afraid to come out into the receiving area. One even sat down at a table with me while we went over Jeep wiring diagrams and schematics to try to figure out the brake controller issues. He made phone calls.

In your case, since you have laid out some detail for us to see - 4 times to the shop for the SAME exact issue likely qualifies. It does in Iowa. If it's been to a shop 4 times for the same issue and it is not resolved, or has been in a shop for a total of xx days (and those days do not have to be consecutive) it qualifies.
Even if it was 1 CEL with that code - it's an issue - even if it isn't immediately solvable. Im not unrealistic - but to say the parts shortage somehow negates their responsibility is not, well responsible. not everyone has the luxury of a great dealership with great service. before buying the jeep I have never even walked into that dealership, much less the service department.

The window leak - even if it happened once - again it must be fixed - I don't care who's fault, who's part, who pays for it - etc - it gets fixed. I bought a brand new vehicle for that reason. again, im not unrealistic in my expectations. if this was a $3,000 car I wouldn't complain.

My dealership is the only Jeep service center within an hour - I am not driving an hour to another place to get a repair - again poor service, poor parts management and poor design or manufacturing is not my problem. I paid for a fully-functioning and properly operating Jeep - I did not get one. I am patient and pleasant when I am not lied-to or condescended.

I get the human factor - but that isn't what is at play here. It's a see what you can get away with factor.

You're telling me that in all these Jeep dealerships across the country that not one service person drives a jeep that has had a random misfire issue? there are 100's on this forum alone. Another hundred on the wrangler forum. yet jeep doesn't acknowledge it.

I'm not buying it. I have documented issues for a year. exactly one year.

I have owned my tundra for 11 years - and not one single complaint or repair warranty or no warranty. normal wear and tear only.

stop making excuses for Jeep - they own the product and should stand behind it.

I like your information and your posts - but honestly don't reply if you are only going to add information that doesn't benefit the problem with a positive result. cotton and fertilizer shortages have nothing to do with a product jeep sold.
Sponsored