Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So this "Auto-Park" is only in Overland, Rubicon and higher trim versions? Not the "automatic placed in park on door open" that's in all models with automatic transmission, I got that WTF thing hooking up to a trailer or backing up not long after I got mine, checking clearance from something. No the rear camera doesn't have total view in some cases.
Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
So this "Auto-Park" is only in Overland, Rubicon and higher trim versions? Not the "automatic placed in park on door open" that's in all models with automatic transmission, I got that WTF thing hooking up to a trailer or backing up not long after I got mine, checking clearance from something. No the rear camera doesn't have total view in some cases.
It's the same thing

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
MarkrR6754

MarkrR6754

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2005 Crossfire Roadster
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Thanks for all the replies. I read the Owner's Manual nearly cover to cover, but experiencing "Auto Park" for the first time is quite different than reading about it. I would have never found it in the manual as I interpreted my issue as a "failure to engage reverse gear" rather than a "We're trying to save your life" issue. It's a wonder that I'm even still alive considering the number of vehicles I've owned that didn't even have seat belts.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
I discovered auto park, 1 week onto ownership. I was doing a tension spool on the winch. Put JT in neutral, got out to use the controller, and man was i pissed when my mud tires tread dug down in my lawn and they said "no sir, im not rolling towards that tree, you're gonna have to drag me" :swear:

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
The auto park feature exists solely to put a stop to this kind of stupidity. And to save lives too no doubt. But seriously - watch to the end my favorite...

For some reason this video is age content restricted. Search youtube for "Kiki Challenge Fail" ...

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The auto park feature exists solely to put a stop to this kind of stupidity. And to save lives too no doubt. But seriously - watch to the end my favorite...

For some reason this video is age content restricted. Search youtube for "Kiki Challenge Fail" ...

Eh, they came up with the programing because of a shitty shifter design. Bean counters probably looked at it and said add it to every model to make up cost.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
yup, got to close the door, take the door off, or unplug it. I'm sure there is a way to disable it, I just haven't been bothered by it enough to care. but it sure is a pain when picking up or dropping a trailer on level ground. That damn seatbelt chime has got to go tho. I don't mind the light, but that "tattle tale" seat belt alarm has got to be torn off that instrument cluster circuit board, and soon.

Sponsored

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I get that, and that you are empathetic to Anton’s tragedy.

However, I view this in a similar vein as the putting gas in the diesel tank.
People need to pay attention to what they are doing.
The entire NA driving population must now buck up $300 (?) more for each vehicle and be inconvenienced operationally because someone died - how many times?

Surely not just 1 actor?
Blame the lawyers.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
yep-- had it too---
didnt know what the hell it wanted as it told me to shift to park then back to get it to go...it didnt
Thought somethings was broken.
turns out i had my door cracked open as i was just going to pull it into garage....would have been nice if it told me that was the issue (close the door) since i never had a vehicle with "autopark" and would have spent hours looking for what was wrong.

Sower3213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxxx
Yep, I join the group that was annoyed the first time it happened to me when I was backing w/ my door open. But, it saved me one time getting out to open a farm gate when I left it it drive..... I think it paid for it self. Now that I know about it, it has me trained!
I can also recall as a young policeman, running to a ‘hot’ call and bailing out of a Crown Vic leaving it in Drive - that has the potential to ruin your day!
Sponsored