First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC Acadia 2012 GMC Sierra 1954 Chevy BelAir
Occupation
retired
I read somewhere that someone complained that the front doors do not open wide enough which makes it difficult to get in. Anybody else ever hear of this problem?
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No, I've never heard anything like that before.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I read somewhere that someone complained that the front doors do not open wide enough which makes it difficult to get in. Anybody else ever hear of this problem?
No problem with front but rear need to open wider

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's actually funny because these door open wider than those on some cars and other truck's I've had. My 73's doors are so long you can't open them wide without hitting the car 2 spaces away from you in the lot. Well, maybe not that bad, but I routinely have to keep them from opening more than half-way or they will hit the car next to me.
I'd say unless you are 600 pounds, or you are really short and keep the seat moved all the way forward as far as it would go - could be an issue, but naw, they open plenty wide. Wider than many, really, because of the hinge design they open wider than those on many other vehicles.

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
Weird thing to say, Jeep doors open up just fine. If you've ever had experience with a Honda Ridgeline, you know the rear doors don't open that wide. Jeep is fine, even the rear doors. Now getting into the rear of a Gladiator is another thing, but that is because of the design, not door opening

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I wish the fronts opened a few more inches, my aging dog uses a dog ramp to climb in and it's not perfect, the back doors are just a no go for his ramp

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I wish the fronts opened a few more inches, my aging dog uses a dog ramp to climb in and it's not perfect, the back doors are just a no go for his ramp
Take off the limiting strap (or lengthen it) and your doors will open past 90 degrees.

Sponsored

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
Weird thing to say, Jeep doors open up just fine. If you've ever had experience with a Honda Ridgeline, you know the rear doors don't open that wide. Jeep is fine, even the rear doors. Now getting into the rear of a Gladiator is another thing, but that is because of the design, not door opening
It's sure better than the Tacoma. That was one point in favor of the gladiator even though it's tight with a car seat due to the upright backs..

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

OP
OP

hpva

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC Acadia 2012 GMC Sierra 1954 Chevy BelAir
Occupation
retired
That's what is good about this forum. Since I do not own a Gladiator but am thinking of someday getting one ,people who do own one can dispel any misinformation I read about and give me the truth.

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
There's always someone going to be complaining about something. Even is you hang them with a new rope.