First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Chorkee. 2004 Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
I brought my Sport S home and drove it for a week before i got out my trusted air guage out that i bought to set air pressure in my motorcycle tires, paid around $40.00 for it. They were set at 39 so i set them to 36. Yesterday we took a 200 mile trip and the difference is very noticeable. Very settled feeling without that dance feeling, softer feel to the ride.
I have 25 years in fleet maintenance maintaining 35 to 40 delivery trucks at a time. When i would put new tires on a truck and not tell the driver they would come to see me explaning how they got the sh!% scared out of them by the truck walking when they took corners too fast. It was discovered that only the very centermost of the tread was touching the pavement with the air psi set to the recommended pressure, 75. Try this by putting down some brown paper and rolling a tire across it and you will see this. I would set the psi to 55 and let them drive it that way untill the nxet PMI and reset to 75.
I am just saying proper air pressure makes a huge difference.
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
What did the tpms display? mine seems pretty accurate.

OP
OP

Whatscooking

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have not figured how to do that with my 7.5 dash, i do not think it does this

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is pretty accurate as well. I got a $25 air pressure gauge and it's pretty much dead on with the computer. I run my 35's at 40 psi, had them at 33psi before but have found that the wear, ride and handling is a lot better at 40psi. I'm running 315 70 17 BFG KO2s

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Once you swap tires how do you determine what’s the right pressure. I went to 12.50” on 9.5” wheels. I have them set at 30psi now but that maybe a little soft. Ride is good. Is there a formula based on volume as related to factory specs?

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have not figured how to do that with my 7.5 dash, i do not think it does this
Assume you mean the 7" screen, which I also have, you use the up down arrows on the left side steering wheel and then vehicle information shows in the center screen between the tach and speedo, then use the left right arrows to get to the tpms, there is all kinds of good info in there, oil temp, trans temp, oil pressure ect...

OP
OP

Whatscooking

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Cool beans
Assume you mean the 7" screen, which I also have, you use the up down arrows on the left side steering wheel and then vehicle information shows in the center screen between the tach and speedo, then use the left right arrows to get to the tpms, there is all kinds of good info in there, oil temp, trans temp, oil pressure ect...

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Mine is pretty accurate as well. I got a $25 air pressure gauge and it's pretty much dead on with the computer. I run my 35's at 40 psi, had them at 33psi before but have found that the wear, ride and handling is a lot better at 40psi. I'm running 315 70 17 BFG KO2s
My computer seems accurate to the gauge as well. Being now I run the 35” x 12.5” x 17” BFG KO2’s, I was wondering what the recommended around town and hiway pressure should be. I have been running at 40 psi cold, temp in 30’s F. Goes up to about 42 psi.

The tire has 65 psi full load, mounded on side wall. I will never run at the 3000 lbs or so that that tire is rated to haul.

Also I know different makes and tire size all come into play for the recommended pressures. By road feel running 40 psi cold, it feels nice. But I have not seen a lot of slippery icy conditions yet.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My computer seems accurate to the gauge as well. Being now I run the 35” x 12.5” x 17” BFG KO2’s, I was wondering what the recommended around town and hiway pressure should be. I have been running at 40 psi cold, temp in 30’s F. Goes up to about 42 psi.

The tire has 65 psi full load, mounded on side wall. I will never run at the 3000 lbs or so that that tire is rated to haul.

Also I know different makes and tire size all come into play for the recommended pressures. By road feel running 40 psi cold, it feels nice. But I have not seen a lot of slippery icy conditions yet.
Sounds about like mine, I have been in some monsoon like down pours lately and they handled that well at 40 psi, no winter or icy driving yet. I ran 35 12.5 17 KO2S on my JKU at 33psi but it was setup completely different than the JT as far as suspension and shocks. The winch, front and rear bumpers and metal fenders all weighed more than the ones on my JT as well.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running 37 Nitto Ridge Grappler on OEM rim at 36 PSI.

I've even debated going lower.
I ran 37's on my stock JKU wheels and will be putting them on my JT stock wheels when these 35's wear out. Ran those between 36-40psi

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I brought my Sport S home and drove it for a week before i got out my trusted air guage out that i bought to set air pressure in my motorcycle tires, paid around $40.00 for it. They were set at 39 so i set them to 36. Yesterday we took a 200 mile trip and the difference is very noticeable. Very settled feeling without that dance feeling, softer feel to the ride.
I have 25 years in fleet maintenance maintaining 35 to 40 delivery trucks at a time. When i would put new tires on a truck and not tell the driver they would come to see me explaning how they got the sh!% scared out of them by the truck walking when they took corners too fast. It was discovered that only the very centermost of the tread was touching the pavement with the air psi set to the recommended pressure, 75. Try this by putting down some brown paper and rolling a tire across it and you will see this. I would set the psi to 55 and let them drive it that way untill the nxet PMI and reset to 75.
I am just saying proper air pressure makes a huge difference.
So why do you say we shouldn't trust the dealer or a cheap air gauge?
The truck comes with high air pressure off of the transport and the dealer usually doesn't change it until it's prepped for sale.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Any issues? A 12.5 on a 7.5 wheel is pushing it. I am looking for a wheel for my 37” spare and had discounted the spare as an option. I bet a 12.5 on it would be very tight fit under the bed due to crowning of the tire.
Sponsored