Doors off (trail) mirrors?

MJK-Rubi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon edition
Great looking mirrors. They look like they wouldn't budge on a highway at 80 mph unlike other mirrors. My only issue which may not apply to many is, I am going to be using soft doors that I just ordered and these wouldn't work for them.

MJK

Slacks

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BW JTR, G8 GXP LS3
Vehicle Showcase
Just put on the Lange Coyote mirrors today and really like them. Thought I'd post here in case others are doing research like I was.

I seriously considered the CMM A-pillar mirrors, but I think you'd have to remove them with soft doors, or keep the windows open. Plus the price. I think these look great and remind me of my handlebar mirrors from my motorcycle days.

As everyone before me has said, you do have to get used to the distorted reflection due to the extremely convex shape. But so far hasn't been an issue for me driving local suburban roads. Hope these photos help.

Jeep Gladiator Doors off (trail) mirrors? 2020_0503_11455000~2
Jeep Gladiator Doors off (trail) mirrors? 2020_0503_11460300~2
Jeep Gladiator Doors off (trail) mirrors? 2020_0503_11453300~2
Jeep Gladiator Doors off (trail) mirrors? 2020_0503_11480400~2

Sponsored

Brettzky757

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
I went with the Chupacabra Mirrors on Amazon.com, and went the Topsy Products Stack, Rack, and Roll System with a Harbor Freight 2000lbs Engine stand. Can hang all four doors/or tube doors and cart them around the garage or driveway for under $290. Not the smallest form-factor, but a good solution if all the wall space in the garage is used up.
The Topsy site does not mention Gladiator doors. I take it that this mount is compatible with JT doors as well?

Thanks.

Brettzky757

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is everyone using for mirror(s) when you take the doors off? Not really happy with the one I throw in the hinge (always moves on me).
This is a good thread and there are a ton of awesome ideas, suggestions, and options. Thank you to you all for contributing!

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I ended up going with the Jpeggz. Have taken multiple interstate trips 75+ and they havent moved at all.
Jeep Gladiator Doors off (trail) mirrors? 2020_0503_11480400~2
I like the practicality of these. Your getting two features in one product. Every time I’ve had the doors off, I’ve wished I had a foot peg to use there. Is it tight enough to keep your foot from pushing the whole thing forward, thus screwing up your view with mirrors?
I don’t much care for the rectangle foot peg though. I like the Jeep star footpeg option. That would bring it to $240 a pair. So that would bring me close to the $255 cost of the CMM mirrors that I love but can’t bring myself to pay that much for. Technically, the cmm mirrors have two features also, mirrors and ball mount, but I don’t think I’d use the ball mount for anything. I’d definitely use the foot peg if it’s solid enough to not move. And if the mirrors did move from excessive wind, I could use the footpeg to push it back the other way lol.

Thanks for listening to my thought process guys. @Nuttall, if you say the foot peg is solid enough to not push the whole unit forward, I’ll probably go with these.

Brettzky757

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Chupacabra Mirrors on Amazon.com, and went the Topsy Products Stack, Rack, and Roll System with a Harbor Freight 2000lbs Engine stand. Can hang all four doors/or tube doors and cart them around the garage or driveway for under $290. Not the smallest form-factor, but a good solution if all the wall space in the garage is used up.
2d Question: Did you use the 2000lb Engine stand because that was what you had or was the 1000lb stand insufficient for the doors/Topsy system?

Nuttall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR ,2023 Grand Cherokee ,2011 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Construction
I like the practicality of these. Your getting two features in one product. Every time I’ve had the doors off, I’ve wished I had a foot peg to use there. Is it tight enough to keep your foot from pushing the whole thing forward, thus screwing up your view with mirrors?
I don’t much care for the rectangle foot peg though. I like the Jeep star footpeg option. That would bring it to $240 a pair. So that would bring me close to the $255 cost of the CMM mirrors that I love but can’t bring myself to pay that much for. Technically, the cmm mirrors have two features also, mirrors and ball mount, but I don’t think I’d use the ball mount for anything. I’d definitely use the foot peg if it’s solid enough to not move. And if the mirrors did move from excessive wind, I could use the footpeg to push it back the other way lol.

Thanks for listening to my thought process guys. @Nuttall, if you say the foot peg is solid enough to not push the whole unit forward, I’ll probably go with these.
Once I have tightened them down I have had zero issues with them moving at all. No vibration or any other issues. Would definitely reccomend them!.

Sponsored

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Once I have tightened them down I have had zero issues with them moving at all. No vibration or any other issues. Would definitely reccomend them!.
I ordered a pair a couple days ago. Got the Jeep star pads also. Looking forward to getting these doors off more than a couple days a month!

Hoss63

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2016 Grand Cherokee, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Added the Die-Tech mirror mounts for the JK, had to cut the bracket that mounts behind door hinge bracket and weld on in different place. Work out good. Way to cold to take for a test drive.

jKgulXcBRXWZ3WUD0ETeBg.jpg

%orOYCJlQJeF%moO3sOmrA.jpg

OIsR0UocR0ykfaFI4RkWdQ.jpg

fdVANiYjREK1oRQBDBpLCg.jpg

RFafQ9WMQeGGQMBSOwVPsA.jpg

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Thanks to the info in this thread I went with the CMM mirrors. I was able to get a 10% discount. I got the 1” ball but probably should have deleted it as I can’t imagine using it, but figured just in case.

I mounted them lower, I didn’t like the higher angle and wanted something closer to stock. The price is a lot, but took these guys out to 75+ mph in considerable wind today and they were locked in. Didn’t feel great about the purchase until they were installed and now I’m pretty excited about it. Plus, they are made in the US and the CMM team seems pretty cool, super quick to respond to questions.

C4C9F794-7CA8-4A23-BABA-8C35BE778B17.jpeg

0C6730AF-0A0F-48A3-A47E-8786CCF3F692.jpeg

FC43A53D-AA83-45EF-AB85-DAE9FD04D2B8.jpeg

B40EECAB-84E5-4126-A806-937FE8A911CF.jpeg

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
Added the Die-Tech mirror mounts for the JK, had to cut the bracket that mounts behind door hinge bracket and weld on in different place. Work out good. Way to cold to take for a test drive.

Jeep Gladiator Doors off (trail) mirrors? B40EECAB-84E5-4126-A806-937FE8A911CF

I contacted fortec4x4 & they just signed off on the prototype for the gladiator JT so hopefully they will be out soon

SEPTIMO2019

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
2d Question: Did you use the 2000lb Engine stand because that was what you had or was the 1000lb stand insufficient for the doors/Topsy system?
I like to have my things over engineered. The Topsy system called for a 2000 pound stand anyway. So I bought one for a little over $100. I watched a few videos where people used only the 1000 pound stand, and although probably sufficient, it didn’t look very sturdy. I have enjoyed doing the door change-outs without any worry that my doors will tip over.
Sponsored