Sponsored

Drive a Gladiator for only 1 year and sell - how much will it cost me?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Car life really is the same as women and I definitely explore your tactics when it comes to dating ...I try to keep finding a new one every year but finding one you love makes it hard to let go....plus some perform much better than others and some do more for you and some give you all kinds of problems...but be carful you might lose half on a trade in
Generally I agree (as if that matters to you, ha) -- apparently (?) an informed observation even though a bit "sexist" from a female point of view (I suspect?). Non-the-less, I found it "a good read" . . . ! Does that make me "guilty" ? :surprised: :lipssealed: ;)
Sponsored

TampaJLU

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2017 BMW M4 2017 Z06
Just lease it. You'll not have to worry about selling it.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Well I'm glad(iator) glad you took no offense to my unnecessary wife-silliness. Bartering, a long lost "art" is a good thing . . . I try to "get away with" it just about every time I opt for a motel or anything really, that the price isn't necessarily "written in stone" ! Heck buying a New Vehicle is that way for ALL of US, yes? Pondering's you ask . . . didn't quite agree on the Civilization thing? Actually I do . . . on that, in a Humanity sort of way+ . FISH Pondering? ALWAYS . . . well not so much the fish, but rather, were the next fish-hunt trip will take me . 2020's trip (2 actually) are planned and "ready to go," THEN, the "Fine Details" for Planned Trip Begin at my leisure, thru the winter !
Funny, I just got back my latest LAB (blood) work results . In the mail this time, as I had to cancel my Oncologist-review of appt. - sick as a "dog?" Flu-like symptoms going on 10 days now . My immune system must really be "up-to-snuff" good, cause I'm actually feeling better AND though the results are still not "perfect," the Important #'s - Kappa & Lambda and the Ratio of them have once again swung more in my favor this go-round . Still a bit high on the Lambda, but the Kappa has fallen within specs, this time . To much to take it ? Sorry, I'm not afraid to share . . . LIFE is still GOOD . . . as long as the (Fly) Fishing is too ! PASSION for something is a healer . . . don't you think ? Same goes for Laughter . . . good camaraderie, fun times with new and fun people . . . what more is there ? Oh yea good food !
What you want more pondering's ? OK You've seen me here there and about the JEEP Forums because once again I find myself "pondering" getting a Sport S Glad - even with its Shortcomings I've mentioned many a time, a while ago ! Wouldn't it be grand IF I could hold out another 12 months and find they've decided to power-up that rear slider or shorten the cabin enough to make the Bed into a 5'7" gem, and in the process improve the departure angle ? No, won't hold my breath . If this merger is allowed to take place . . . might have to learn some "French" in order to read the "moron" Window Sticker !? I already know a tiny bit of Italian, otherwise I'd mention it too !
Had enough ? Good, me too . . . time for a NAP, this "bug" has me worn out . ;) :)
Missed the civilization thing. I'm convinced by 65 million years of Dino DNA that civilization is a personal choice. We've all got lizard brains and people may walk the Earth for eons without choosing to be civil. But a choice to be part of a civil society is divine. How's that. :angel:

Bob502000

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I’ve done well and I’m retired in my 30s. I’ve driven a Prius for the last 11 years.

I want to drive a different new/cool vehicle every year for the rest of my life!

My budget is $8500/year. So in essence I’m willing to throw away $8500/year if it allows me to drive a new/different/cool vehicle every year.

How much would it cost me to start with a Gladiator and drive it one year? What trim holds value the best?

Purchase price = ?
1 year resell price = ?

My state tax rate is 3% on a vehicle so I’d like to figure that into my $8500 too.

Purchase price of vehicles is capped around $60,000.
Retired at 30 and you want us to do your math for you? How's the Beav. doing these days?

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
This may not be the exact answer you want. You said you wanted it for only about a year. Have you thought about renting? My old roommate doesn't own a car, instead he rents. I believe it was around $600-$700/mo. You wouldn't be guaranteed a Gladiator every time, but once in a while you could probably get one if you're a usual at a decent car rental place.

You would only need non-owners insurance as well, its super cheap.

Enterprise has Gladiators at some locations: https://exoticcars.enterprise.com/en/vehicles/jeep-gladiator-rubicon.html

Yes, its considered exotic, but during certain conditions they may let you have it for the same price.

my 2 cents

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Google “One year car lease” and one of the first things you will read is this:

“Are there 1 year car leases?
Yes, you can lease a car for one year, but it's not usually a good financial decision to do so.”

If OP is willing to piss away $8,500 per year just to test out how different cars drive they are obviously not considering if their decision is financially sound or not. I say go for it! Personally, I’d buy one tricked out ride and keep it. Save the rest of your money for AAA quality hookers and week long benders.:rock:

Gray_Bison

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBZ Duramax, Q5 Quattro 2.0T
Occupation
Maintenance Lead
If you lease it, Carmax will buy out the remainder of your lease when you're over it. I have a brother in-law who did that with an accord. Reach out to them and get some better details on that program.
Sponsored