Sponsored

How much will these trucks be worth a year from delivery?

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
I gave up on the resale approach to vehicle buying. I buy it and drive it until its basically worthless. Depending on how this first model year goes, there may be some 1 year old models on lots next year and although they'll be cheaper than new, sometimes depending on demand they can be close to new prices and getting something that hasn't been messed with can at times be worth the piece of mind. I know up here in Montana buying a full size truck is an exercise in frustration - really marked up prices.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK CRD
Exactly! I really don't care what it will be worth in a year because I'm not buying it as an investment to sell a year later. I'm guessing the author of this thread is hoping to lay low for a year and buy used hoping to save a chunk.
That was precisely my thought in posting this thread. I've never bought a new vehicle and the practical part of my brain says its a bad decision.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I’ve made it to the 2 car stage of my life, I expect the Gladiator to last a very, very long time for me. Depending what they do with the mid-cycle upgrade or gen2 (auto lane keeping and PHEV if done the right way* would be very tempting) I may upgrade then, but it’s not unreasonable to expect I’ll own a Gladiator for the rest of my life.

* for the record, I’m my opinion the right way to do PHEV with a 8’r would be to provide a ridiculous amount of torque to all 4 wheels through the rock track t-case when in off-road mode, and allowing it to run electric only front drive for highway fuel economy.
you can upgrade to 2 gladiators when the time comes!!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
* for the record, I’m my opinion the right way to do PHEV with a 8’r would be to provide a ridiculous amount of torque to all 4 wheels through the rock track t-case when in off-road mode, and allowing it to run electric only front drive for highway fuel economy.
Can't wait for my Rubigator PIHG - Rubicon Gator Plug In Hybrid Gladiator :like:

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I am in the same boat - I am just going to keep my LE and customize it to my taste with mopar parts and other 4x4 rigs etc.. def not selling... As a matter of fact I am going to buy the Gator Diesel when it comes out... and have 2 :rock::LOL:

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Since these are priced like houses maybe they are supposed to go up in value? Yes, yes! Cars are the new investment vehicle (rahr rahr) for your portfolio. You've never heard of it?!? It's called a carport folio!! You'll get rich driving your JT. Spend it, baby! Lol.

th (22).jpeg

Bravo Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma
“Willys make sense” and counterfeit money evidently, that money is fake.

Next year I think used Glads will be hard to find and close to MSRP. 1 year from now they will still be current model year for several more months. LOL. If you buy from the guys giving discounts you could probably drive a year and break even, but I won’t be selling.

Skyhawk1755

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500, Chevy Equinox , Honda VTX 1300, Stingray 180 RX
Occupation
General manager
I think it will take a year before mine starts being built so it will be worth the same.

Sponsored

lilloco

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Jeep Comanche, 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3, 2008 Jeep WK 3.0crd
Occupation
Card-Player
Unless it pisses me off or something horrible happens it'll be sharing my seacan coffin with me and my 87 comanche!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Dealership in my area today told me the banks are figuring on 70% at 4 years and 80+% at 2 years. So my guess is somewhere around 85-90% value retained at 1 year.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
If the JL is any foreshadowing for the JT, how much value do you think these trucks will lose as you drive them off the lot and then as the next model year gets here?
They'll drop 10-20%, which is pretty good. It may also depend on if FCA increases pricing like they did with the jl, which kept 1st year values high.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I got quoted 68% residual on a Rubi 15k/yr 36mo lease if that's any indication

Big Red Gladiator

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra (gone... Just totaled it 4/22/19) Now a 2018 Toyota 4Runner Limited, RX350 (Wife's) and soon a Gladiator LE
who cares, aren't we all keeping these things forever? I plan to be buried in it when that day comes.
I had a Tundra for 17 years with 320,000 miles on her. I ordered the LE so I can use the tundra to haul plywood.
In 5 to 10 years from now I will buy something else and use the JT to haul plywood. So, I'm not too concerned with resale.
Sponsored