First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
Some Caig products are geared towards the high end audiophile user and I don't think you will notice much difference lubricating a connector in a vehicle over the more basic product. Most commercial users I see have the D5 spray on hand. I've been using it and its predecessor for over 40yrs.
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I would use dielectric grease and using both hands, pulling the lever down and push the connectors together at the same time.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would use dielectric grease and using both hands, pulling the lever down and push the connectors together at the same time.
Dielectric grease is an insulator.

Kevin

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Dielectric grease is an insulator.

Kevin
That's correct it's non conductive and it's can also act as a lubricant to prevent from damaging the male pins on removal.

The locking clip is a bad design, it doesn't pull the door's female connector squarely.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's correct it's non conductive and it's can also act as a lubricant to prevent from damaging the male pins on removal.

The locking clip is a bad design, it doesn't pull the door's female connector squarely.
I think the Caig products mentioned above, which are lubricant/cleaners, would work better.
But that's just me.

Kevin

Bubba3388

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Window glazer
I have the same problem, dealer orders a new harness ETA October, maybe sooner since I called jeep cares.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I have the same problem, dealer orders a new harness ETA October, maybe sooner since I called jeep cares.

Are you able to see which pins are bent? Did they break off?

Some people seem to be able to bend them back in place with a little trial and error.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I’m baffled by this absolute weakness in design. The doors off feature are one of the major reasons why people buy a Jeep. Like what kind of nonsense is this? The door connector is so fragile you can’t take it off? Screw that!!
No one said you can't take it off. You just need to be careful. It's not like TJ's where you can throw the door down 3 flights of stairs and it'll be fine.

OP
OP

jonaandcaleb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Since posting, I only had to readjust the pins once, and that was the first time I unplugged/plugged it back since leaving the dealer. If I recall correctly, that was Labor day weekend. It was barely bend, and with a slight adjustment, it started working. Since then I have had the doors off a half a dozen times and it is still working.
<insert picture of me knocking on wood, hoping not to break it because that stuff is like gold>

I still have that in the back of my mind of when I take them off, is everything going to work when I put it back together. Once I past the 36k/3yr warranty, I'm going to tackle a harness of my own. I hate having that "fear" when taking the doors off.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Since posting, I only had to readjust the pins once, and that was the first time I unplugged/plugged it back since leaving the dealer. If I recall correctly, that was Labor day weekend. It was barely bend, and with a slight adjustment, it started working. Since then I have had the doors off a half a dozen times and it is still working.
<insert picture of me knocking on wood, hoping not to break it because that stuff is like gold>

I still have that in the back of my mind of when I take them off, is everything going to work when I put it back together. Once I past the 36k/3yr warranty, I'm going to tackle a harness of my own. I hate having that "fear" when taking the doors off.
I am older and have a touch of arthritis. The design is horrible. I have to use a screwdriver to push the little red tab up and pop the clip loose, and it takes me forever to get the connection back together.

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
Is there a side loading issue here? Im old sore and overweight. On the passenger side i noticed as i reconnect i was putting more pressure on the rear side of the connector. Which i guess could flex it all enough that the foward pins are pushing around the female port. Trying to be more careful with the connectors now. I also wish there was a cover for the connector ends unplugged. I live in salty air.

ryan141

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ, 2021 Grand Limited, 2021 Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
I currently have this issue. Took the doors off 1 time and am now getting the "Auto Park Disabled" warning and I noticed the radio stayed on the other day. This did not happen immediately when the doors were put back but rather a week later. I noticed yesterday that leaving the drivers door open for a short period I could see the warning light for door open flickering. I will have to take a look at the pins.
Sponsored