1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
So the ID setup is not a oil cooler but a additional radiator for the cooling system to increase it's capacity. Which is interesting since I have seen high oil temp but reasonable coolant temps.

OP
OP
CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So the ID setup is not a oil cooler but a additional radiator for the cooling system to increase it's capacity. Which is interesting since I have seen high oil temp but reasonable coolant temps.
Reading the destructions, I see that the water supply lines to the oil cooler are used. This would mean it is intended to either cool the water on its way to or from the oil cooler. In turn this would reduce the heat load on the rest of the OE cooling system and reduce oil temps at the same time?

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
That is sound logic, and i assume they have tested this. It's a interesting approached to problem everyone thinks needs to have to oil delt with directly.

Hopefully they know something the mass don't.

Can't wait to hear more about this.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
That is sound logic, and i assume they have tested this. It's a interesting approached to problem everyone thinks needs to have to oil delt with directly.

Hopefully they know something the mass don't.

Can't wait to hear more about this.
They have tested it. Look at my post announcing this on page 57 of this thread.

Last edited:

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Little more info would be nice......Wonder if it will fit with a winch or the PSC/Apex cooler installed?

I do like that they tapped the cooling system possibly negating warranty denial for tampering with the oil circuit if the engine scatters?
Probably not with the Apex looking at the install instructions. But it seems like there's enough room and anyone installing this themselves im sure could make it work.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
You hear anything about the winch supported model?
No I did not talk to them about winch supported factory bumpers or if it would work with a winch installed because unfortunately I have an aftermarket bumper. I'm guessing that it would work with the factory winch bumper without the winch as I think it was designed so that the bumper would protect it. You should probably reach out to them for clarification.

OP
OP
CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have factory steel bumper with Zeon 10S. I could probably do without the PS cooler if it meant the engine oil would stay cooler.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I spoke with the guys at Bulletproof Diesel this afternoon about the current aux cooler kit and for those of us with the OEM steel bumper. They were not aware of that option at the time of purchasing their test truck or at the time of production. They are however working on a solution for the rest of us starting next week.

I wanted to post this info up so that they don't get bombed with a bunch of calls asking the same questions. I also thanked them for investing the time and money to acquire a test truck and actually produce a kit for us. It sucks that production is ending and they may not even see a good return on that investment.

I'll cross post this on the other thread for this who aren't following this one.

Last edited:

Tortuga41

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
If I was to be using my Gladiator for towing and hauling I want a setup where my oil temps are always below my coolant temps like this. That way I know 100% if my oil cooling system or engine cooling system is having issues or needs attention.

Note** this is on an extreme setup of a 500 rwhp truck that is used to haul and tow daily throughout the Western US. So I had a custom cooler made with 3x the volume over the BulletProof unit.

WP_20171229_006.jpg

WP_20151013_007.jpg
How has this setup worked for you?
Sponsored