Sponsored

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Honestly, they can have the hood if it has to come with those bumpers...

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint. The fewer options, the easier it is to maintain inventory and schedule production. If they tried it here, the Mojave owners would be complaining because there special hood is now showing up on other models.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
No complaining here , Mojave hood has shown up on the V-8 Wrangler with ducted air to air box. I had ordered redtuning lift struts for my hood as I hate the hood prop, Mojave hood is steel and heavy, three months ago the part number for the Mojave hood also stated for export diesel hood. I just wish if companies put hood scoops on that they are functional most are not, Rubicon hood should have been functional as it is designed to extract underhood heat.. My hood scoop will be functional someday, but waiting on what the parts look like under the 392 hood...Jack

Sponsored

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
Those bumpers though.
That's what the rest of the world gets ... JK was the same. FCA and Jeep just don't care about anyone outside the good ol' USofA!

But the real bummer for us Euros:

NO RUBICON TRIM at launch 😪 and possibly won't be available at all in EU market.

That is such a hardcore letdown, been waitin for over two friggen years 😬
I hear you buddy ... I've been waiting for the Gladiator since 2016, and now the diesel is not coming to Australia!

We have an Aussie term for them ... but its best I watch my language! :headbang:

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer dude
The title should be changed to 'European Union' as the UK will not be getting this (diesel) - and they are out of the EU (since 1/1/21), but still in Europe!

SmoothRegulator

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JT Overland Ecodiesel (EU spec)
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you buddy ... I've been waiting for the Gladiator since 2016, and now the diesel is not coming to Australia!
If you had the choice between the gas Rubicon or diesel Overland, would you compromise on an Overland trim?

I had been eying Landcruisers (79 series), but here in Germany I could only get an import with a gas v8, and with gas prices here that would be ridiculously expensive, especially since the car costs as much as a Gladiator, which is also ridiculously overpriced.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Honestly, they can have the hood if it has to come with those bumpers...
Europe is super strict on bumpers and pedestrian safety. If I remember right, some countries you aren't allowed a bumper with any type of hoop system. ARB had to develop a front bumper for the JK that didn't have a hoop so they could sell a bumper to the market. I am guessing the ugliness of the factory bumper has something to do with the strict guidelines.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer dude
If you had the choice between the gas Rubicon or diesel Overland, would you compromise on an Overland trim?
That is a very tough question ... in Australia I would probably go for the diesel. If there was no diesel Rubicon, I'd probably take a diesel Sport S Max Tow and use aftermarket the heck outta that. I dont really see any situation where I'd buy an Overland - too nice inside! :)

I had been eying Landcruisers (79 series), but here in Germany I could only get an import with a gas v8, and with gas prices here that would be ridiculously expensive, especially since the car costs as much as a Gladiator, which is also ridiculously overpriced.
The 79 series is not all its cracked up to be. To get the engine in there (V8 twin turbo diesel) they had to widen the front axel, but they left the rear the old track. So the car is working a lot harder having to push both axels through what you are going through. Plus the stock inside is really basic! Cloth seats, plastic floors, no sound deadening, 1980 design. It is also really down on power compared to other newer V6s on the market and very bad of fuel!
People spend AU$120,000 to buy the ute and then another AU$30,000 to AU$40,000 to get it to something comfortable.
Sponsored