Fake trim levels?

kgc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
When I had my Rubicon, all the soccer moms would tell me how much they wanted a Rubicon. One even said how much she loved those hood decals! Of course I would ask them how much rock crawling they did in their Escalaaad.... just a glassy stare at that point. 🤣

RubiMom
Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen this with a V8 HEMI sticker as well. I don't know, maybe it works better? Hmmm. I'll pass.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
No clue. I have Gladiator decal on my hood because it looks good contrasting the gray paint , but it's obviously not a Rubicon.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I looked at a used TJ a few years ago. Had Rubicon on the hood but I had my doubts. Ran the vin and it was a Sport. The probably ended up selling it to someone who thought they were getting a Rubicon.

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Walked out today and one of the contractors put rubicon on the hood. Clearly a sport s. No other mods (stock rubber etc) why? I dont get it. Anyone else faking ( a real trim) and if a member was in satellite beach today with that truck sorry for calling you out
That was actually my truck! If you must know mister they were sold out of mack's toe stickers, so i settled on a rubicon......

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
For me I don’t think it’s okay selling one to someone who doesn’t know or know enough.... as said above that’s a fairly specific thing, that suggests there’s increased value. I think values are adjusted based on rubicon trim too.

Putting on rubi take offs, For kicks or because you like the look of the package...100% just be clear what it is/isnt.

I like the willys look (got a willys gladiator) but much of what I’ve done to our jku is similar to the jk Willys, but no stickers....

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Are you sure he didn’t do a hood swap? The rubicon hood is bad ^$$.

Sponsored

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
I de-badged my Mojave as soon as I arrived home from the dealership. Also swapping hood to a Sport hood in a few weeks (when my friend's Sport arrives at dealer). I just prefer that look. But I love that so many Jeep owners add graphics and badging for whatever reasons. Even cheesy reasons. That is ok by me.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
That was actually my truck! If you must know mister they were sold out of mack's toe stickers, so i settled on a rubicon......
Ok that’s it, I try to defend your punk ass and you bust on the MT... poser! 🤣

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
I know someone who have put 300 stickers on his marine yamaha 150's. I think it's funny. Doesn't make the boat go any faster though.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I know someone that has a 1970 Camaro SS clone... 😁 I am sure people give him crap about it... until they look under the hood. A built 454 and fuel infected Hollies... manual!

So it’s kinda like a Max Tow with Rubicon stickers and hood, Atlas T-Case, Dana 60 and 80 rock jock axles with a 6.4 hemi... and a chopped bed.

You Rubicon peeps gonna whine about that poser? 😁

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Up badging is so weird. A couple of days ago, I saw a guy in a V6 Charger with a hellcat redeye logo planted on it.

AMG and M up-badgers are the worst though.
Sponsored