Sponsored

Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652

VirTex

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I have only towed my Toy Hauler empty so far...about 4400 lbs. watched all temp levels and no issues, even with climbing some pretty big hills. Fuel economy sucks pretty bad with the revs up, but flawless towing.
I have a weight distribution hitch with integrated sway bar, so that surely helps.

70545640-508F-4F1E-9B87-B8331BAD8403.jpeg

8D91545A-49C7-470B-AF08-E5446243F9EE.jpeg
Do you know what your average mpg was when towing? I’m about to tackle a 400 mile trip across WV mountains In my JTR with a 2” lift and 37” tires pulling a 3000lbs (dry weight) Starcraft Launch 16RB trailer. I am afraid that I’ll have to stop every 30 minutes to refill my gas tank. [Nervous laugh :) ]
Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Can you post a picture of where you mounted it? Thanks!
I’m about to tackle the install this week and wanted to place it in a location that wouldn’t be in the way, while also allowing me to remove it in the future if I decided to go with the ever elusive factory controller.
This is my view from the drivers seat...
Jeep Gladiator Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652 87241C8B-0186-4121-9592-B6F3C01B28EF

Note the blue lights when you hit the brake and no trailer hooked up.... I can’t get a pic being daytime but the one thing I noticed is that when driving at night, the lights on the controller show up dimly as a reflection on the windshield to the right of where I look out. I kinda Like that being as (with the brightness turned all the way down, it’s dim enough not to be a distraction or give any glare but works like a heads up display being able to see how much brake force its applying. Lol

next pic is side view with the parking brake set showing how I ran the wire down to go behind the trim. I use a small piece of Velcro (soft part) to kinda tape the wire in place and hold it flat to the trim.
Jeep Gladiator Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652 9C178D67-D456-4F74-B19B-C76800D550EB

with the brake handle down it “just barely” clears so it doesn’t touch the knob ...
Jeep Gladiator Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652 7371D2AA-F4A1-4ACA-9BE0-967CCD7359A3

hope that helps.

Sponsored

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Any more updates on the factory controller?
Heard Nov/Dec now. Ridiculous!

Just get a Curt Echo and be done with it. No drilling or wire running. Just plug it in, download and set up App and your done. Love mine.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Heard Nov/Dec now. Ridiculous!

Just get a Curt Echo and be done with it. No drilling or wire running. Just plug it in, download and set up App and your done. Love mine.
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, but no longer have my heavy trailer, so haven't tried it...my only concern is having to use my phone in an emergency stop to adjust gain. I bought a phone mount to use specifically when I am towing, so I think it will be fine.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, but no longer have my heavy trailer, so haven't tried it...my only concern is having to use my phone in an emergency stop to adjust gain. I bought a phone mount to use specifically when I am towing, so I think it will be fine.
I have heard a lot of good things about the Echo lately. I considered it...just didn't want to tie up the phone. That said...if you were to jump from vehicle to vehicle it seems to be an awesome option.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I have heard a lot of good things about the Echo lately. I considered it...just didn't want to tie up the phone. That said...if you were to jump from vehicle to vehicle it seems to be an awesome option.
It would be awesome if Apple Car Play would adopt the Curt App to their screen so that I could use it on my display as opposed to my phone. I know Car Play has added apps in the last year or two, this seems like a good one to lobby for.

Sponsored

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It would be awesome if Apple Car Play would adopt the Curt App to their screen so that I could use it on my display as opposed to my phone. I know Car Play has added apps in the last year or two, this seems like a good one to lobby for.
That would be awesome. I think the Insane Audio unit has a tone of apps...course I would never pay that for a stereo. Maybe when the Apple Car Play goes wireless we might get the app for it?

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
my only concern is having to use my phone in an emergency stop to adjust gain.
I've never towed anything heavy enough to need trailer brakes before but are you implying that in a true emergency stop scenario you are actually reaching for your trailer brake controller knob and turning it up to help stop more quickly? I would think in an actual "emergency" stop scenario that one would not have time or the foresight to do this.

My understanding of the Echo is that once you have the gain set you don't have to sit there with the phone occupied as it will continue to operate at that level even if you disconnect from blue tooth. The only thing having the app open gives you is that emergency braking button.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
anyone know about release in Canada....they do not even seem to know about the release in US. Damn dealers here in THE NORTH
Sponsored